HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New York Rangers @ Ottawa, Sat. 3pm ET on CBC-HNIC and MSG

Old
12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Bileur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I hate that question . Don't patrinize me. Of course I'm watcing the game.

My opinion stands, and I'm tired of rearranging for those two. Again, we put Alfie there, it produced NOTHING , and after two games things got rearranged, and Kelly or Vermette was on the line.
I'll keep asking it if your opinion stands, as its blatantly obvious Kelly doesent belong there. They are producing so I dont know what more you want. Vermette fianlly seems to have found his niche on the 2nd line, combined with Alfie and Schaefer they've been dynamite i'd be reluctant to break that up. Heatley and Spezza produce at a pace thats been burning up the league, we've just come off a huge turnaround and its been largely because of their production I dont see any problem with re-arranging lines to make sure they are together.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Jorge Garcia

I didn't hate the effort, would have liked the two points, since the bad guys were dividing up three-pointers all over the conference again last night. I really hated the bogus 5 on 3, which really set the course for the whole game. In the third, Millen was raving about Jeremiah Jagger's two wonderful backchecks, which the replay clearly showed were both rather blatant and obvious hooks. There should be a smilie of a guy with a white flag on the end of a hockey stick.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Jorge Garcia

Jeez, Brandi, what's this re-arranging and hand-holding you speak of? Every line has to have three guys. Is is unreasonable to keep a guy with hands of stone on the fourth line where he belongs, and put someone with a bit of offensive talent up on the first line? Kelly's a hard-working guy who's pretty good on the PK. But he couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing on the beach. Games like last night show exactly why you can't afford to squander scoring chances by giving them to Chris Kelly.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Bloggins

I was at the game and from where I sat the Sens played well. The D was missing Redden and the offence just didn't seem to get the bounces against a hot Lundqvist. The officiating..well, a wee bit frustrating there. Lundqvist firing the puck the length of the ice and not getting an icing call kinda set the tone for how weak the calls were going to be.

-Kelly really needs to finish the chances he's getting.

-Phillips needs to be better at what he's supposed to be doing out there (#24 should have been on against Jagr)

- Play Gerber! He's a big boy and needs to get some of the pressure back on him, besides we need Emery healing up and not continuing to aggravate an injury.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 11:56 AM
hockeycountry

Quote:
And what happened when Aflie was on the line???
As I mentinoed it doesn't get better than that.
I assume you ignored that I addressed that the first time around, so let's try it again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry
The rejuggling to get Spezza and Heatley going happened quite a while ago -- Spezza and Heatley are going. And bringing up Alfie as proof that Spezza-Heatley wouldn't be that much better with a better winger doesn't fly, because again, ages ago. Alfie was not on top of his game in any way, shape or form at that time, and Spezza and Heatley were struggling too. Don't those three look much better on the PP now, though? Exactly. The whole point is obviously to get that line as productive as it can be (while still keeping scoring balanced -- I want to keep Alfie on the second line, for the record); right now it's just not.
And by the way, Vermette hasn't been on that line; it was Alfie for a couple of games early on, but it was mostly Eaves, and now it's Kelly. Three whole wingers! I can't believe the team didn't fall apart with all that imaginary shuffling.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
I love Kelly, but damn, he is the PERFECT fourth liner (much like Fisher is the perfect third liner). He's completely out of his element up there. I just don't understand why Murray doesn't put up McAmmond. He barely plays on the fourth line and I think he should at least be given a shot.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
And what happened when Aflie was on the line???
As I mentinoed it doesn't get better than that.
And how bad was this team slumping to start the season?

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
sensens

Quote:
Honestly , no I don't. I mean, do we not recall how so many wanted Alfie on that line, and look, the result didn't improve. Can't get much better than that.
I'm feeling anti spezza and heatley since this past week. It's an emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes I love the way they play and the next game, I get frustrated watching.
I'm surprised that you would get frustrated watching Spezza and Heatley, and yet don't seem to have any frustration for watching Kelly not even be able to receive passes in the clear. Are you honestly suggesting that there's no point in trying to play someone with more skill with Spezza and Heatley because of some early season struggles? Spezza and Heatley are still both in the top-10 in league scoring in spite of their struggles, and there are quality scoring chances being overtly squandered by their current linemate. How big would converting on even one of those opportunities have been to the outcome of the game? Murray can't continue to essentially sabotage the top line - it didn't work in last year's playoffs, and it's not working now. For my money, it's high time that Eaves was returned to the top line, and left there.

sensens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Brandi

Guys, I never said Kelly was a good finisher. I never said that at all.

My point is this. Regardless of how bad the team was doing, when Alfie was on, they still had every opportunity to explode as the offensive line that they can be.

My opinion still stands. I'm tired of reshuffling for those two guys. Mcammond may be the answer, but he's also an asset were he is.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry View Post
I assume you ignored that I addressed that the first time around, so let's try it again:

And by the way, Vermette hasn't been on that line; it was Alfie for a couple of games early on, but it was mostly Eaves, and now it's Kelly. Three whole wingers! I can't believe the team didn't fall apart with all that imaginary shuffling.
Firstly, the comment wasn't for you, it was replying to someone else.

Secondly, Vermette \ Eaves.. either or. My point was simply about the reshuffling

Wana be a smartass ? Sure , lets go then.

I have no problem answering questions to why I like this or that. But start using the sarcasim, and we're both going to getting an email from Nyquil

Old
12-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensens View Post
I'm surprised that you would get frustrated watching Spezza and Heatley, and yet don't seem to have any frustration for watching Kelly not even be able to receive passes in the clear. Are you honestly suggesting that there's no point in trying to play someone with more skill with Spezza and Heatley because of some early season struggles? Spezza and Heatley are still both in the top-10 in league scoring in spite of their struggles, and there are quality scoring chances being overtly squandered by their current linemate. How big would converting on even one of those opportunities have been to the outcome of the game? Murray can't continue to essentially sabotage the top line - it didn't work in last year's playoffs, and it's not working now. For my money, it's high time that Eaves was returned to the top line, and left there.
Yes you are understanding me correctly.

Eaves is great on the first line. Let's reshuffle, wait a few games when Spezza and Heatley can't get it together... then they'll be a reshuffle again.

Goes in circles

Old
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Guys, I never said Kelly was a good finisher. I never said that at all.

My point is this. Regardless of how bad the team was doing, when Alfie was on, they still had every opportunity to explode as the offensive line that they can be.

My opinion still stands. I'm tired of reshuffling for those two guys. Mcammond may be the answer, but he's also an asset were he is.
I disagree Look at McAmmonds ice time over the last 11 games.

Dec 9, 2006 vs. NYR 7:08
Dec 6, 2006 vs. WSH 12:59
Dec 5, 2006 vs. NYI 9:40
Dec 2, 2006 vs. TBL 6:15
Nov 30, 2006 vs. FLA 9:03
Nov 28, 2006 vs. CAR 8:38
Nov 26, 2006 vs. TBL 9:21
Nov 24, 2006 vs. FLA 4:21
Nov 22, 2006 vs. PHI 6:31
Nov 20, 2006 vs. MIN 10:08
Nov 18, 2006 vs. BUF 6:53

He had 15 goals for the Blues last season. In his best season with Iginla and Conroy he had 21 goals and 51 points. Surely he can bring the defensive game Kelly has and he has shown in the past that he does have hands.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Brandi

Fair enough, he's crap were he is then.

Just to clarify , no stat can reverse my opinion on this.

Old
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Firstly, the comment wasn't for you, it was replying to someone else.
I know it wasn't, but you made an argument about Alfie earlier, and I addressed it, and then you brought it up again without addressing my point at all. Which you still haven't done, but that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
Secondly, Vermette \ Eaves.. either or. My point was simply about the reshuffling
Right, and my point was that there has barely been any reshuffling. I mean, compare it to the number of second line configurations we went through before Schaefer-Vermette-Alfie, and it isn't even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
Wana be a smartass ? Sure , lets go then.

I have no problem answering questions to why I like this or that. But start using the sarcasim, and we're both going to getting an email from Nyquil
I don't think fact in the form of sarcasm is necessarily being a smartass, but either way, this is the end of my part in this disagreement.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote