HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumour: LA/Sens

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2006, 01:38 PM
  #1
McGrattRules*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Rumour: LA/Sens

team 1200 crew said before the injuries there was talk of a Redden/Afie for Frolov/Visnovsky......i think they are all on drugs but i like it from an ottawa perspective...you save what 6m....Kings cant take on that much salary...

McGrattRules* is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 01:41 PM
  #2
Egil
Registered User
 
Egil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrattRules View Post
team 1200 crew said before the injuries there was talk of a Redden/Afie for Frolov/Visnovsky......i think they are all on drugs but i like it from an ottawa perspective...you save what 6m....Kings cant take on that much salary...
Redden $6.5 mil
Alfie $4.8 mil

Vinovsky $1.9 mil
Frolov $2.9 mil

LA is at $42 mil, and this deal has them adding $6.5 mil in payroll. In short, this isn't so much a rumour as someone talking out their ***.

Egil is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 01:55 PM
  #3
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,529
vCash: 500
Um, no thanks.

And I know it's a rumor and not a proposal. I'm not interested though.

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 01:59 PM
  #4
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 41,416
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=311077

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=254157

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=227299

I'm betting this isn't true.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 03:06 PM
  #5
FuTMaR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Torrance
Country: United States
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
not a chance.

FuTMaR* is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 03:09 PM
  #6
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Waiting for Eklund to post it so I can shoot it down...

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
  #7
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Waiting for Eklund to post it so I can shoot it down...

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 06:40 PM
  #8
BuddehJuS
Registered User
 
BuddehJuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
No more youth movement for the Kings eh?

BuddehJuS is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 07:11 PM
  #9
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
OK I know this isn't going to happen but.....let's take a look at the value here.

Visnovsky @ $1.9 million with 7 Goals and 15 Assists in 30 Games

or

Redden @ $6.5 million with 2 Goals and 4 Assists in 18 Games?

Visnovsky by alot!


then

Frolov @ $2.9 million with 17 Goals and 12 Assists in 30 Games

or

Alfredsson @ $4.8 million with 7 goals and 17 assists in 28 games?


Frolov gets this decision.


So why would the Kings do this again????

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
  #10
fullmetalninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of either team, so I don't know the particulars. But think about it, for just a second.

Muckler-- who isn't exactly the most loved in Ottawa, literally *chose* Alfie over Havlat, and Redden over Chara.

There is no way he gives them up, it would be an admission that he made the wrong choice and sat the team back. In other words, unless he did this *while handing in his resignation* I wouldn't expect it.

-fullmetalninja

fullmetalninja is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 07:58 PM
  #11
DaveMatthew
Registered User
 
DaveMatthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 6,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
OK I know this isn't going to happen but.....let's take a look at the value here.

Visnovsky @ $1.9 million with 7 Goals and 15 Assists in 30 Games

or

Redden @ $6.5 million with 2 Goals and 4 Assists in 18 Games?

Visnovsky by alot!


then

Frolov @ $2.9 million with 17 Goals and 12 Assists in 30 Games

or

Alfredsson @ $4.8 million with 7 goals and 17 assists in 28 games?


Frolov gets this decision.


So why would the Kings do this again????
Yeah, ummm, this isn't gonna happen because of salaries, but no offense, Redden IS better than Visnovski and Alfredsson IS better than Frolov. Sorry.

You can talk about salaries, potential, etc, but right now for this season, Ottawa gives up the two better players.

DaveMatthew is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
  #12
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Ottawa would never make that trade.

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 08:17 PM
  #13
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
So, when is that Conroy deal coming?

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 08:18 PM
  #14
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 7,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Yeah, ummm, this isn't gonna happen because of salaries, but no offense, Redden IS better than Visnovski and Alfredsson IS better than Frolov. Sorry.

You can talk about salaries, potential, etc, but right now for this season, Ottawa gives up the two better players.
Frolov is entering his prime, Alfredsson is leaving his. Why would the Kings trade one of their best up and coming young players for an aging player who is basically getting ridden out of town on a rail? Not to mention Frolov has a fantastic contract.

Redden at the top of his game is better than Visnovsky at the top of his defensively, but Visnovsky wins offensively. Visnovsky had 17 more points than Redden last year on a crappy Kings team while Redden was playing on the best team in the east. You also can't discount the fact that Redden has been hurt all year, and make 3 times what Lubo makes.

This trade makes NO sense for L.A.

Bandit is offline  
Old
12-09-2006, 08:48 PM
  #15
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Frolov is entering his prime, Alfredsson is leaving his. Why would the Kings trade one of their best up and coming young players for an aging player who is basically getting ridden out of town on a rail? Not to mention Frolov has a fantastic contract.

Redden at the top of his game is better than Visnovsky at the top of his defensively, but Visnovsky wins offensively. Visnovsky had 17 more points than Redden last year on a crappy Kings team while Redden was playing on the best team in the east. You also can't discount the fact that Redden has been hurt all year, and make 3 times what Lubo makes.

This trade makes NO sense for L.A.
Agreed, it makes no sense from an LA point of view. Frolov is coming into his prime and makes much less then he deserves. Sorry, but minus leadership skill he is much more valuable then alfredsson who is at the tail end of his career.

Redden is better as a defensive defenseman, but visnovsky is better as a PP QB and overall much more offensively gifted while still being LA's best defenseman.

dabeechman is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 01:05 AM
  #16
Mr_Jones*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
...Redden IS better than Visnovski and Alfredsson IS better than Frolov. Sorry.

...Ottawa gives up the two better players.
Did you even look at what you quoted?

Mr_Jones* is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 01:07 AM
  #17
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
And LA is in a rebuilding mode...

wpgyotes is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 01:21 AM
  #18
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
I'm pretty sure I'd make the drive up to Ottawa just to punch Muckler in the face for even considering such a deal. I realize the original poster is nothing but a fake but I can't believe people think LA is getting the bad end of this.

Sting is online now  
Old
12-10-2006, 03:02 AM
  #19
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 41,416
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalninja View Post
literally *chose* Alfie over Havlat
That's not a stupid decision, that's smart. Alfie at 4.5 is much better than Havlat at 6.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 07:33 AM
  #20
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,570
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Yeah, ummm, this isn't gonna happen because of salaries, but no offense, Redden IS better than Visnovski and Alfredsson IS better than Frolov. Sorry.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

what do u mean with Alfreson is better than Frolov ??????

Frolov is 24 and will developing, Alfie is i think 78 and
won`t be developing.............
Frolov scores very well and will putting up some numbers......
Alfie will chew up his Minutes and take some thoughts over his Account full of Dollars............

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 07:50 AM
  #21
flannelman
merde!
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,518
vCash: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
That's not a stupid decision, that's smart. Alfie at 4.5 is much better than Havlat at 6.
Didn't Havlat have 3 points in his return last night? I don't know. I think that Alfredson has had his run, I think he still has juice left in the tank, but for my own franschise I would take either Frolov or Havlat over Alfredson.

flannelman is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 07:57 AM
  #22
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

what do u mean with Alfreson is better than Frolov ??????

Frolov is 24 and will developing, Alfie is i think 78 and
won`t be developing.............
Frolov scores very well and will putting up some numbers......
Alfie will chew up his Minutes and take some thoughts over his Account full of Dollars............
Do you have any clue, what you are talking about here buddy? Are you accusing Alfredsson of being a money *****?

He signed below market value at the time.

Safir* is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 07:59 AM
  #23
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Didn't Havlat have 3 points in his return last night? I don't know. I think that Alfredson has had his run, I think he still has juice left in the tank, but for my own franschise I would take either Frolov or Havlat over Alfredson.
Have fun paying Havlat six million a year and seeing him on IR for a portion of the season.

EDIT: Why is this thread still open? Everybody can come up with a story that they heard a rumor on the radio.

Safir* is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 08:25 AM
  #24
flannelman
merde!
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,518
vCash: 195
When someone is on IR their salary doesn't count against the cap and also, he is back, so watch him score unlike your precious Alfredson who needs a second line center.

flannelman is offline  
Old
12-10-2006, 08:47 AM
  #25
Dawit49
Registered User
 
Dawit49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sealand
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Didn't Havlat have 3 points in his return last night? I don't know. I think that Alfredson has had his run, I think he still has juice left in the tank, but for my own franschise I would take either Frolov or Havlat over Alfredson.
when will people learn that points aint everything.

Dawit49 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.