HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues being scouted

Old
12-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Bonsai

vCash: 500
Blues being scouted

I was watching the Blue Jackets @ the Blues Center Ice Ohio feed and the tv guys said that there were a bunch of scouts in the arena, and even Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe.

What sort of moves should the Blues make? They are probably the worst team in the NHL again this season. It breaks my heart because I grew up in STL loving the Blues.

I would maybe dump a few veterans and try and get some picks or NHL ready prospects.

Bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Cerebral

I'm not surprised Lowe is there, Brewer to Edmonton for picks/prospects makes a lot of sense.

12-09-2006, 09:23 PM
The Viking Fury

What are the salaries for your defensemen? Who is available? We (the caps) have a practically NHL ready left winger, and maybe a young grinder or two, plus any draft pick except our first, for now. We have no third rounder this year, and i think we have two fourth rounders. The second and firts round picks will probably be available for a more quality return.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 09:25 PM
boredmale

Blues would be smart waiting till the trade deadline, all the players they are going to unload will have more value then(when the cap hit is less).

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Blues would be smart waiting till the trade deadline, all the players they are going to unload will have more value then(when the cap hit is less).
That's true, but it doesn't seem like the Blues are rolling in dough right now either.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
That's most likely true, but if the team starts auctioning off a player or two right now, I'm sure that the interest will still be high. None of the players that the Blues will be selling have huge salaries. And with what's happening in St. Louis right now (the mood is as essentially low as it can get), I get the sense that something has to happen much sooner. Most fans would like to see Mike Kitchen be the first casualty, but Brewer ($2 mill) seems like the most logical choice to be the first.

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 11:58 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Every blue over the age of 25 is available

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 12:02 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thats what the guys on HNIC were saying during the sattlelite hotstove. They basically said last year sellers were getting a premiun during the trade deadline because there were a lack of players available. Players that could be on hte block (all UFA after this season) Brewer, Dvorak, Guerin, and Tkachuk.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:53 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Canucks would love to get their hands on Guerin.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 05:50 AM
MTechnik
Clutch

vCash: 105
Cooke and a 3rd for Guerin.

MTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend View Post
That's most likely true, but if the team starts auctioning off a player or two right now, I'm sure that the interest will still be high. None of the players that the Blues will be selling have huge salaries. And with what's happening in St. Louis right now (the mood is as essentially low as it can get), I get the sense that something has to happen much sooner. Most fans would like to see Mike Kitchen be the first casualty, but Brewer ($2 mill) seems like the most logical choice to be the first.
First off, HAHA I was laughing very hard when I saw your avatar. Good work.

Secondly, I think it makes to trade Brewer to Edmonton, because the Oilers are IMO lacking a solid Dman and the Blues are in need of offensive talent (prospects.) Edmonton has stockpiled plenty of forward talent and this deal could benefit both teams. Eric Brewer was in Edmonton before, so the Oilers know what of player they are getting.

Viatcheslav Trukhno for Eric Brewer?

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 07:17 AM
kimzey59

Something to keep in kind: The Blues are NOT in "Sell" mode yet. We are looking for a "shakeup" of the current roster to see if the players are the problem or if Kitchen is the problem. While selling off our vet's for prospect's/picks might be better for the team in the long term, we are looking for more of a short term trade right now. Think something along the lines of Brewer, Dvorak and Cajanek for a top 2 line center and a mid-line winger(Using Vancouver as an example: Brewer, Dvorak and Cajanek for Morrison and Bulis).

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Dawit49

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
What are the salaries for your defensemen? Who is available? We (the caps) have a practically NHL ready left winger, and maybe a young grinder or two, plus any draft pick except our first, for now. We have no third rounder this year, and i think we have two fourth rounders. The second and firts round picks will probably be available for a more quality return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Since the Blues figure to be a HUGE seller at this years TD let's start the bidding for our PO rentals.

Up for Sale:
Keith Tkachuk: 5.7 mil Cap hit(3.8 mil actual salary) (PPG pace thus far; best of the lot assuming he'll waive the NTC(for purposes of this thread assume he will)
initial asking price: 1st round pick and upper tier prospect

Billy Guerin: 2 mil Cap hit(on pace for 35 goals and 60 points)
Initial asking price: 1st round pick OR upper teir prospect

Eric Brewer: 2.1 mil Cap hit(rough start but starting to come around)
Initial asking price: 1st round pick or Upper Teir prospect

Radek Dvorak: 1 mil cap hit (looks like he'll come close to netting 20 goals and 50 points)
Initial asking price: 2nd round pick or equivilent prospect

Peter Cajanek: 1.85 mil cap hit(1.7 mil salary)(2/3 line center who can complement a good finisher)
Initial asking price: 3rd round pick or equivilent prospect

Dallas Drake: 1.1 mil Cap hit(veteran grit)

Bryce Salvador: 1.4 mil Cap hit (pretty good #5/6 D man)

Manny Legace: 1.4 mil Cap hit(good Backup or mediocre starter)
Initial asking price: 3rd round pick or Mid-level prospect

Jamie Rivers: 525K cap hit(Um?)
Initial asking price: I know the draft is only 7 rounds now but can we get a 9th round DP? Anybody?

We'll listen to offers for Dougie Weight but would perfer to hold on to him(we have two very good center prospects(Soderberg and Berglund) that will need a mentor in the next year or 2).

Please stick to the list(translation: DO NOT ASK FOR OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS).
There you go

Dawit49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 09:53 AM
CaptPantalones

I would take Rivers for the Sabres

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 11:15 AM
brucegarrioch

I'd take Drake and Salvador for the Senators.

brucegarrioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Sharks could definitely part with a 3rd rounder to get a quality guy to play the 3rd pairing and kick Gorges, Murray, and Davison out. Want to take Doug Murray with that 3rd?

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 12:11 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Käptäin Kärppä View Post
First off, HAHA I was laughing very hard when I saw your avatar. Good work.

Secondly, I think it makes to trade Brewer to Edmonton, because the Oilers are IMO lacking a solid Dman and the Blues are in need of offensive talent (prospects.) Edmonton has stockpiled plenty of forward talent and this deal could benefit both teams. Eric Brewer was in Edmonton before, so the Oilers know what of player they are getting.

Viatcheslav Trukhno for Eric Brewer?:dunno:
This is a good staring point. I thnk the Blues are going to make a few changes before the trade deadline. Even if Brewer is dealt now or at the trade dealine. He is gone from this team. And with current depth, he is soaking up a spot that is reserved for Woywitka.

And it is never too early to start trying to deal for player(s). It just depends on how much of an important piece of the puzzle that you are adding to your team. Something called "Chemistry". So I would not be surprised at all if Blues starts the firesale, now versus later.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16 View Post
This is a good staring point. I thnk the Blues are going to make a few changes before the trade deadline. Even if Brewer is dealt now or at the trade dealine. He is gone from this team. And with current depth, he is soaking up a spot that is reserved for Woywitka.

And it is never too early to start trying to deal for player(s). It just depends on how much of an important piece of the puzzle that you are adding to your team. Something called "Chemistry". So I would not be surprised at all if Blues starts the firesale, now versus later.
They would start it now, but the cap hit for some of our players makes it a little difficult to move them at this point. I believe the deadline this season is the 23 of February. (There should be about 21 games remaining so about 25% of the cap hit will be taken).

I have designed and attached a quick tool that you can use to figure cap hits based on the number of games left. It is fairly easy to use.

Player---- Cap Hit---- Games left---- Cap hit Taken
Keith Tkachuk----$5,700,000.00---- 21---- $1,459,756.10
Bill Guerin ----$2,000,000.00---- 21---- $512,195.12
Eric Brewer----$2,100,000.00---- 21---- $537,804.88
Radek Dvorak----$1,000,000.00---- 21---- $256,097.56
Peter Cajanek-----$1,850,000.00---- 21---- $473,780.49
Dallas Drake-----$1,000,000.00---- 21---- $256,097.56
Bryce Salvador-----$1,400,000.00---- 21---- $358,536.59

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Nick Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTD View Post

Not a chance. Bill Geurin is back. Here we have a cheap, solid scoring power forward with speed. He is going to bring back a 1st round pick and a solid prospect.

Nick Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue View Post
He is going to bring back a 1st round pick and a solid prospect.

It seems as though every single soon-to-be UFA is going to bring back a solid prospect and first rounder in a trade based on what I've seen on this board. I have no clue what the Blues will get for Guerin but I'm guessing it will be a lot closer to a 2nd rounder.

Cerebral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue View Post
Not a chance. Bill Geurin is back. Here we have a cheap, solid scoring power forward with speed. He is going to bring back a 1st round pick and a solid prospect.
Now, it's getting ridiculous...

Could you please tell me who would give that for Guerin?

You can't be serious. I think that will be Guerin for a 1st OR a solid prospect. Again, there would not be a lot of teams ready to part with that much for a guy like Guerin even if he's having a great season this year.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTD View Post
You could get Sergei Samsonov for Matt Cooke and a 3rd...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Nick Blue

Look kiddies, no matter what you think, Bill Guerin is one of the most respected players in the NHL. He reported to Blues camp in the best shape of his life. He's on pace for 35 goals. He's a true power forward- he can shoot, skate, and fight. He's the type of player that will push your team over the top in the playoffs.

You're not gonna get that kind of player for a bunch of crap at the deadline.

Old
12-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
I doubt that they'll get even a 1st or a solid prospect in return for Guerin. A lot of people overspent last season at the deadline and I don't think many will do it this year. Guerin's in his first decent season since before the lockout. Not to mention that if someone needs a winger, there are better options like Keith Tkachuk or Shane Doan or potentially Darcy Tucker that are available. With the amount of forwards potentially available at the deadline, and we'll know better as it approaches, that'll drive prices down.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Nick Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I doubt that they'll get even a 1st or a solid prospect in return for Guerin. A lot of people overspent last season at the deadline and I don't think many will do it this year. Guerin's in his first decent season since before the lockout. Not to mention that if someone needs a winger, there are better options like Keith Tkachuk or Shane Doan or potentially Darcy Tucker that are available. With the amount of forwards potentially available at the deadline, and we'll know better as it approaches, that'll drive prices down.

Im not sure if I could disagree any more with the gist of your post. First of all Tkachuk has a no-trade clause. That means he CANNOT be traded. Unlike Doug Weight he does not WANT to be traded. Second of all, why would the Leafs trade Tucker, the HEART of their team, away at the deadline? There would a lynch mob in Canada if Ferguson did that. Unless the Leafs completely tank from now until the trade deadline and are nowhere near a sniff of eighth place, there is NO WAY Toronto trades Tucker. Doan may more may not be available but he's not exactly been lighting it up this year, barely on pace for 20 goals.

So basically, I disagree with everything you said.