vCash: 500
He looked good at wjr's especially against the swedes

Prolific18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 10:05 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
well the hockey news future watch which rarely ranks russians high had him ranked as the 75 best prospect, which was higher than any other russian prospect other than varlamov....so he's better than kulemin

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 10:50 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Gennady Stolyarov

A Red Wings prospect playing for Dynamo, I believe.

Please tell me what you think of him.

I know he's big. How is his skating? Is he physical? Skilled? Hard worker?

Thanks.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 07:55 AM
atreides

Infos about Vasyunov

Can someone gives me informations about Vasyunov ?

What is happen to him ? Is there already a bust ?

Thanks

Last edited by atreides: 04-02-2007 at 08:03 AM.
atreides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Muscle Bob

"Kulemin style" goals in semifinal:
http://tv18omsk.narod.ru/video/sport...ao-mmg-1-3.mpg
http://tv18omsk.narod.ru/video/sport...ao-mmg-2-3.mpg

He has scored one more similar goal in 1/4, but there is no video.

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreides View Post
Can someone gives me informations about Vasyunov ?

What is happen to him ? Is there already a bust ?

Thanks
I will just go by what I saw at the WJC. Very raw, has speed, skill, intensity and a nice shot. Will need some seasoning in Lowell when he turns 20. With some bulk/strength I could see him becoming a bull on the ice.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Player info

Can anyone tell me anything about Dmitry Krasotkin from Yaroslavl?

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
Wondering if anybody can tell me how Igor Khomutov has been doing as of lately
Anybody?

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Rochester22

V Zharkov (Drafted by Devils)

Would like some info on him if anyone has seen him play, what type of game does he play?

Thank You

Rochester22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 05:01 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Dimitri Vorobiev..

Assets:?
Flaws:?
Future NHL Potential:?

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 12:17 AM
RussianProspects

Ok guys, so here is my update on these guys. Anyone else? I have been extremely busy for the past couple of months so hence the absence.

Grebeshkov – Doing well, probably will make the national team and should be back in NA with Edmonton next season. Was happy he got traded – wants to come back to the NHL.

Andrei Popov – hard to say if he comes over to North America. Philly is a tough place for a young Russian to get a start and he will not likely be offered a big contract considering his drafting position. He deserved better than 7th round. Still, he may come over. In Russia he did fairly well, consistently skating in the Super League – solid Super League debut. I think he definitely needs another strong season in Russia before coming over to North America. I mean this season has to be strong for that to happen, though he may have to come over anyways for the Flyers to keep him as their property.

Nikulin – Coming over to Ottawa’s training camp. Too bad his linemates resigned with the Russian club, but hey, they do need a season or two more before Vancouver and Colorado will show interest.

Denis Bodrov – Not sure how good of a season he has been having. Has been quite average when I watched him. I was surprised at how high he was drafted. I mean he does work hard, and is a pretty good skater…but there are better guys in Russia.

Ivan Khomutov – probably meant Ivan not Igor right? I am not sure what happened to him. Leaving US was stupid in my opinion. He had a good thing going and in Russia he has not played in the Super League this season. It was him and Tunik – I just don’t understand them leaving.

Semen Varlamov – nothing to really update – great goalie with an all start caliber season. Will be on the national team at the World Championships, but likely as a back up.

Zharkov – did not have a great season. Fast and aggressive, but just hasn’t taken that next step yet. I hope he does soon, as he does have the tools, but might fade away like a few other fast risers – like Naurov, etc.

Kolesnik – solid, if unspectacular season. Needs to play better next year to have a starting job in the Super League. I mean he did allright, but was overshadowed by a number of other goalies who I consider lesser talent than him. But don’t judge his NHL talent on this, since a lot of guys don’t play super in Russia and do well in NHL. Mindset has a lot to do with it.

Kosmachev – I believe he will likely change teams this summer. I saw him play for Khimik and he was his classic defensive defenseman self, but hardly got any ice time and did not really stand out. He needs to get back on track to have any NHL potential, though he is still young.

Anisimov – What a playoff huh? This young kid scores two goals all year and then pots three more in the playoffs! He has been consistently getting ice time this year and is seen as one of the future star centers for Lokomotiv. I think he has NHL potentials, but needs to continue his development and finally start producing in the Super League. He has looked a lot more comfortable this year – which is great! I think he will make it.

Stolyarov – What a surprising young forward this has been! When he was drafted, it was a somewhat of a “favor” pick where a coach personally recommeneded the player to the Red Wings staff for his character and potential. He was very raw. Now the late pick is paying dividends. Stolyarov has been one of the better forwards on the Dynamo squad and has really shown up at all parts of the ice. I think he will be one of the team’s leaders next year as well. A very hard worker, he also improved his skating, though his puckhandling is still suspect. I like this kid.

Vasyunov – A disappointment in my opinion. He may be another Suglobov or But – running all over the ice and a skilled forward who produces in the Super League, but is not able to fulfill his potential. He does have a lot of it though and time is still on his side, but this young kid needs to get motivated and fast. He hasn’t shown anything in the Super League this year, and yeah it could be a sophomore slump, but I expected more.

Vorobiev- A talented defenseman who should be getting a call from the NHL some time soon. He has been consistent and solid in the Super League, but players like him need to be plucked from Russia early, since he has been consistent for 3 seasons now, it is time to bring him over and not wait till he turns into a Malenkykh or Seluyanov and just doesn’t want to come over…one thing I love about this player is that he loves to hit and loves to play offense. Interesting combination of qualities, but could make him quite an asset on the Leafs blue line.

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Ivan Khomutov – probably meant Ivan not Igor right? I am not sure what happened to him. Leaving US was stupid in my opinion. He had a good thing going and in Russia he has not played in the Super League this season. It was him and Tunik – I just don’t understand them leaving.
woupsy... Ivan Indeed

Thank You for the update

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 02:21 PM
jbb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Ok guys, so here is my update on these guys. Anyone else?
Thanks for that great update. I had a couple of questions. Do you think Varlamov will be coming to the U.S. next year. I've read that the Caps are trying to sign him.

Do you think Nepriayev will come over. I read that he didn't like the Cap's contract offer. Do you think he could be traded?

Thanks.

jbb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Beast View Post
Thanks for that great update. I had a couple of questions. Do you think Varlamov will be coming to the U.S. next year. I've read that the Caps are trying to sign him.

Do you think Nepriayev will come over. I read that he didn't like the Cap's contract offer. Do you think he could be traded?

Thanks.

Varlamov has reached an agreement with Lokomotiv to stay in the RSL for at least another year. Nepriayev has considered trying his luck in the NHL, but holding him back is the fact that he would not get a very good salary as he is not a high draft pick. I do not think he has a lot of trade value at this point.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
jbb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
Varlamov has reached an agreement with Lokomotiv to stay in the RSL for at least another year. Nepriayev has considered trying his luck in the NHL, but holding him back is the fact that he would not get a very good salary as he is not a high draft pick. I do not think he has a lot of trade value at this point.

Ok thanks. I hadn't heard that about Varlamov.

jbb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
RussianProspects

Nepriayev is a talented young forward, but really only a third line NHL type forward. I think he does have a lot of value still, but the thing is he is unwilling to come to NA for fifth round money. He needs to be offered a respectible salary comprable to his level of play and then he'll come over, but DC is not really known for being fair with their offers - it's an inconsistent record of cheapining on some and paying too much for others. I think they should sign him and see what he is worth...

Varlamov - even if he can come over this year, they shouldn't bring him over. He should stay in Russia and continue to mature. He will be a starter with Lokomotiv next year and then also possibly the national team. But that's all not very relevant, since he already signed a deal with Loko for the coming season.

Old
04-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Buckleys

Great news about Nikulin for the senators. Zubov, Mirnov, Anikeyenko, and Lyamin... could you give me updates and there intentions?

Thanks in advance.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
RussianProspects

Thanks for following up with me Buckleys over PM.

Here is my take on the guys you mentioned:

Zubov - did not have a very good year. Got hurt that Spartak failed, so was taken from being one of the top players on a team to being a supporting cast. Not as good for his development. Then he was traded midway through the season and that wasn't that great for him, though he got some play time. I think he needs a year in Russia to solidify and develop further. Still a bit away.

Mirnov - Had a great year. Not quite on the national team yet (spot duty) but really solid in the Super League. I think the Sens should try to sign him, but they can't really lowball him since he gets paid in Russia. An extension he signed doesn't really mean much if he chooses to come over.

Anikeyenko - Had a better than expected year for Loko. I expected less from him and he surprised. He always had the tools but not really the motivation. That appears to have changed somewhat. I think he is on his way, but it's tough to say if he'll come over. I actually think he'll stay this year, because if he comes over to training camp without a contract, he'll miss the training camp in Russia, which will cost him ice time later on and may derail his progress. No - he'll spend a year in Russia hopefully developing and getting stronger, and then we can talk about him next summer.

Lyamin - a dissapointment until this year in my opinion, but has returned to form this year and I think has potential to become an NHLer. Not this year though. He just came back into the graces of Bykov and CSKA. It would be a waste to come to camp since I don't think he can make the team and at this point, Super League is a better option for him than AHL.

Megalinsky - well he got stuck in the High League this year, but that could be partially due to switching to Khimik - which was a deep team and didn't have space for him, but also for a number of other experienced defensemen. No youngsters really got ice time there. I think there is still hope for him, but he better find success in the Super League fast!

Gimayev - yeah...well, I think he was always marginal and Shinin would have been a better selection in my opinion...plus Shinin actually came to the draft to watch his name not being called

Hope this helps.....

Old
04-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
RP...do you know who the hell are Ilya Antonovski and Maksim Vorobiev? And where they play? Vastom?

04-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
I sorted the thing myself... http://www.icehockeymoscow.ru/stat_table/

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Buckleys

RP, thank you very much. It was very helpful.

Last edited by Buckleys: 04-26-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Any idea if Mozyakin will ever cross the pond or is he content on staying in Russia? How about Plekhanov and Tkachenko?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

I think Mozyakin will play in Russia for his entire career...same with Tkachenko and Plekhanov too

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Free Kassian

Can anyone tell me anything about Konstantin Glazachev? I know he was supposed to be a first rounder a few years but slipped to the second and Nashville picked him up. How is he doing now?

Free Kassian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 11:28 PM
RussianProspects

I think Tkachenko playing in Russia is pretty much a given, unless he gets a decent deal from Columbus, which I doubt considering his upside. He is just too compfortable in Russia and when the comfort ends - which for a player of his stature it will eventually, it will be too late to try out the NHL. That's the sad part - in Russia he will play marginally well, and while he does he'll be happy, not realizing that he had a chance to come over. But at some point, after his fortune with loko runs out, he'll end up bouncing across teams like so many other players - moving city to city on 1 year deals. I know NHL can be the same way, but in Russia it tends to be a lot more common.

Mozyakin - I agree that he may not come over, but I am holding out on that. He is just so talented and consistent and I think Columbus management has been pretty high on him, at least a couple of years back. I think he really should and try himself. He could come over and adapt like Datsyuk has a few years back. He has the talent for it. I am not saying he is Datsyuk caliber, but he is immensly talented.

Plekhanov - well, he had a chance to stick in the juniors, but chose not to. I am not sure what his fate is going to be, but unless he is willing to come over and play in the AHL for a year or two, he won't be in NA.