Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Harrison Ford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
2 games, did absolutely nothing.....averaging 11 minutes of ice a game
Does it look like his ice time will improve?

From what you have told me it seems like hes on the fourth line.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Does it look like his ice time will improve?
No. He hasn't been iced in the last games

10-12-2008, 05:21 AM
RussianProspects

Gaiduchenko - actually I think his position is pretty poor right now with Loko. He's the third string goalie nad is again stuck behind two proven guys. Gelashvilli was solid for Traktor and the only reason he was benched last year was because he refused to re-sign with the club, so the management punished him. As far as Zvyagin, he is a proven veteran who's been a marginal starter/solid back up for a few years, including HC Dynamo. So Gaiduchenko will need to look really hard to find a space for himself barring any injury. The 2nd squad is just no good for him, so either a loan or a trade would be great, or possibly a re-assignment to a High League club where he could still play against professionals, if only on the second Russian level.

Zubarev - good move for him - he was becoming a bit stale in Kazan. Him and Vyacheslav Buravchikov received little ice time last season and it was time for him to move on. He took a step back in his development there and hopefully Atlant will change things. So far he hasn't exactly blown the team away though - skating either on the third pairing or being the seventh guy in. Hopefully this will change. For Kosmachev it is also a shake up but for the better - since he's been consistently in the mix for Kazan and playing better. Hopefully this was also a result of his visit to Columbus - where I think he still has a chance of ending up. He now plays more agresively than before and it's really time for him to take the next step.

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 03:36 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
For anyone interested in the Bashkirovs, Ruslan now plays in Lada Togliatti's second team, maybe he will make the main lineup...

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Ruslan scored today

Old
10-26-2008, 11:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Konstantin Glazachev

The guy has been playing really well judging by his numbers. Do his numbers reflect his on-ice performance? Any chance he wants to consider coming to North America or are the odds pretty slim?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Alexei Volkov

I remember him from his junior days, here in Halifax. He was one of the best goalies that I've ever seen in the 10 years that I've been watching the Q; I'd put him in the same league as Luongo. But since he left, I haven't hear anything. I thought that he would have had a career in the NHL, but he just disappeared. Now I hear that he's playing in the KHL with Vityaz. How is he doing? How does he compare to the other KHL goalies like Emery? I'd love some updates/information on him. Thanks.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 05:20 AM
RussianProspects

Alexei Volkov has had his ups and downs in the Russian Super League, but he has always stayed in it and appears to have become a go-to starter for HC Vityaz...a club he's been with over the past 3+ seasons. While the club has basically sucked it up - which doesn't bode well for Alexei Zhamnov's management skills (he's the GM/President of the club I believe), Volkov has not really been faulted as he's been pretty solid for them in net. Prior to landing with Vityaz he bounced around Russia for a while, largely playing back up. I believe he left US after not being able to get a chance in the AHL and doing a sub-par job in the ECHL (not sure if it's due to his play or his team's). LA didn't really appear to have him in their plans - they invited him to camp but never offered him much of a contract - so he went home. Hope this helps!

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Gaiduchenko will need to look really hard to find a space for himself barring any injury. The 2nd squad is just no good for him, so either a loan or a trade would be great, or possibly a re-assignment to a High League club where he could still play against professionals, if only on the second Russian level.
How does re-assignment to the Vysshaya work? I'm sure Sokil would want him badly....

speaking of Yaroslavl players, can anyone tell me anything about Danyl Sobchenko?

Old
12-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Alexei Volkov has had his ups and downs in the Russian Super League, but he has always stayed in it and appears to have become a go-to starter for HC Vityaz...a club he's been with over the past 3+ seasons. While the club has basically sucked it up - which doesn't bode well for Alexei Zhamnov's management skills (he's the GM/President of the club I believe), Volkov has not really been faulted as he's been pretty solid for them in net. Prior to landing with Vityaz he bounced around Russia for a while, largely playing back up. I believe he left US after not being able to get a chance in the AHL and doing a sub-par job in the ECHL (not sure if it's due to his play or his team's). LA didn't really appear to have him in their plans - they invited him to camp but never offered him much of a contract - so he went home. Hope this helps!
Yes, thank you very much. Good to hear that he's doing well.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Just wondering about a old Blues prospect

Timofei Shishkanov, how does has he been playing?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
FissionFire

An old Wings draft-and-follow prospect looks to be having a good season on paper with Astana Barys, but I'm wondering if Gennady Stolyarov's play on the ice is reflective of his numbers. How has the 22 year old budding "power forward" looking on the ice? Does he he play a physical game? Is he defensively sound? Is his skating solid? Is he a KHL lifer or would he consider coming across the pond to test out North America in Detroit at some time?

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:08 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
An old Wings draft-and-follow prospect looks to be having a good season on paper with Astana Barys, but I'm wondering if Gennady Stolyarov's play on the ice is reflective of his numbers. How has the 22 year old budding "power forward" looking on the ice? Does he he play a physical game? Is he defensively sound? Is his skating solid? Is he a KHL lifer or would he consider coming across the pond to test out North America in Detroit at some time?
don't know much about him, he was on second Dynamo (moscow) team and started playing pretty well for Barys from the start. Barys has many reclamation projects: Stumpel, Glazachev, Dalman, Spiridonov and they all seem to be playing well. May be it's the coach, may be it's PT - I dunno. I doubt he is good enough to make the jump to NA though.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:42 AM
René

Levandovskiy (Spartak) request

Hi guys!

I need some information about Eduard Levandovskiy ( http://www.khl.ru/players/?idplayer=15223&lang=en ). A german newspaper wrote that he wants to return to the german DEL because he want his daughter to enter school at Germany. As far as I know he´s on a two year contract with Spartak. I just wonder if he extended this contract or if the two year deal is still the existing one.

Thanks!

René is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
Hi guys!

I need some information about Eduard Levandovskiy ( http://www.khl.ru/players/?idplayer=15223&lang=en ). A german newspaper wrote that he wants to return to the german DEL because he want his daughter to enter school at Germany. As far as I know he´s on a two year contract with Spartak. I just wonder if he extended this contract or if the two year deal is still the existing one.

Thanks!
He signed a two-year deal this summer.

Old
12-14-2008, 04:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

What's Konstantin Glazachev's contract status with Barys Astana?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Metallian*

Again, if anyone reads this, can I get some info on Danyl Sobchenko?

thanks in advance

Old
12-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Anisimovs AK

How is Sergei Mozyakin doing?

thanks in advance

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:43 AM
MaxV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyRules View Post
How is Sergei Mozyakin doing?

thanks in advance
He's 3rd in KHL in points with 46 (17+29) in 37 games. He finished 2nd in RSL in points last year.

He's a skilled player, but much better suited for the large rinks then for NA game.

He didn't play well in last year's WC.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
eph1413*

Yuri Alexandrov

Anybody know what the deal is with Yuri Alexandrov (Bruins draft pick, 2006)?

It seems he had a good start to the season with Cherepovets, and now he isn't playing? Injuries or something?

Thanks for any information

eph1413* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 02:23 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Was wondering how Buffalo's draft pick from 2005, defenseman Buravchikov looking? Has there been any discussion of him ever coming to North America? Having read about him before he seemed highly regarded in the RSL and the World Junior Championships.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
galiano

Kiril Koltsov / Artem Chubarov

Being a Canuck fan I'm interested in how Koltsov and Chubarov are playing. I see neither of them made the allstar team and I thought Koltsov might have.

So how are these two guys playing ?

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
galiano

My mistake about Koltsov and the allstar game. I just found a different roster and it shows him as one of the D men. Has his defensive game improved at all ?

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote