HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

LMAO - What a Dive!

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 03:00 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 500
LMAO - What a Dive!

If you just saw Coach's Corner on HNIC, that was possibly the worst dive ever. WTF was that!?!? Sorry, I don't have the name of the guy (I just turned on the TV and caught the video), but it was well executed - Throws glove in air, leaps in air....but I give it a 2 on the landing. A little too hard...

Old
11-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Yeah the guy put on quite a show and the ref was dumb enough to believe it.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:02 PM
evman150*

Konstantin Romanov I believe it was.

Worst dive I've ever seen.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
The whole tournament they were diving like that ..for all the good it did them .It cost the CHL 200,000 to cover expenses for the Russians and they dont have the decency to even send a decent team .1 player MAY make the world junior team the Russian coach said ..what a joke .Why do we even bother with these countries when all it is a paid holiday for them ..pitifull.Talk about a cash grab and no doubt they are going home with all new gear ..compliments of canadian tax dollars .

Old
11-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
The whole tournament they were diving like that ..for all the good it did them .It cost the CHL 200,000 to cover expenses for the Russians and they dont have the decency to even send a decent team .1 player MAY make the world junior team the Russian coach said ..what a joke .Why do we even bother with these countries when all it is a paid holiday for them ..pitifull.Talk about a cash grab and no doubt they are going home with all new gear ..compliments of canadian tax dollars .
That's a harsh comment.

Old
11-29-2003, 04:38 PM
LaVal

it was a dive that would make Hasek jealous

Old
11-29-2003, 08:16 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
Wow it must have been bad then, because Hasek acts like he is shot even if his own players touch him.

Old
11-29-2003, 09:06 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
That's a harsh comment.
He's right. The least the Russian Federation owed the CHL was to send a competitive team. They didn't. It is as simple as that.

Old
11-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I got the Don Cherry 15 DVD a while ago, and he had "dive of the year" on it. Dainus Zubrus...just WOW. He wasn't even touched and all of a sudden he did a triple axel with a lutz.

~Canucklehead~

11-30-2003, 05:37 AM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
If that is their attitude, then the CHL doesn't owe them a thing and needn't invite them. However, were the CHL not to invite them, then there would be an uproar that they are shunning the Russian players.

Fact is, if you're going to represent your country, it is up to the Russian organizers to field the best team possible and its up to the players to play their butt off if they want to make a positive impression.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:53 AM
kov

So I guess the NHL is disgusting cause we don't send our best playoff players to the World Championships?
[EDIT: oh, nevermind, DieHard beat me to it.]

Old
11-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
Huh?? Not organising some meaningless tournament in the middle of hockey season = shunnin the russian players??? Yeah right.

Kinda like north-american professional hockey players when they are asked to represent their countries in World Championships?
Don't you mean Americans?

because most of the Canadians are usually well deep/or still into the playoffs when the World Championships are played.

Old
11-30-2003, 07:46 AM
KariyaIsGod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
I'm willing to bet that %-wise there are just as many canadians in the play-offs as in the NHL in general. So if 50% of NHL-players are canadian, most likely around 50% of players in play-offs are canadian too.

But you're right, Americans are the ones with huge attitude problems towards the world championships.
You do realize that most of these NHL players are either in the playoffs, that or their pro teams don't want them to play. Seeing as they have contracts and such, what can they do...

Old
11-30-2003, 08:08 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
Hasek doesn't dive, he flops.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:49 AM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariyaIsGod
You do realize that most of these NHL players are either in the playoffs, that or their pro teams don't want them to play. Seeing as they have contracts and such, what can they do...
Take your statement, substitute RSL for NHL and there you basically have why the Russians sent a B squad for the games. The CHL had the luxury of stopping games for this, the Russians probably couldn't get the kids released from their teams where I'm sure some of them play important roles.

Old
11-30-2003, 09:33 AM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Hasek doesn't dive, he flops.
Hasek doesn't flop... he jumps up in the air, throws all his equipment off as he does a backflip landing on his head before spinning around and then pretending to be unconcious.

and like i said... this dive would make him jealous.

Old
11-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
But you're right, Americans are the ones with huge attitude problems towards the world championships.
Oh yeah. Their best players were like Craig Johnson and Marty Reasoner, instead of players like Brett Hull and Todd Marchant-the players they could've had. It almost cost them playing in the Olympics, but they had a tie, so it didn't.

Canadians aren't much better. You have your classy guys like Smitty(Smyth) who'll go, but then you have the rest, who are veterans and don't want to play. Hats off to Smitty for being always ready to go, but other players just refuse. But, even though they don't have the best roster possible, it may be a good thing as it gives the other guys who wouldn't make the cut some international experience (Cross, Reinpreicht, Rivet, Heward, etc, etc.)

The American part of it though is just pathetic, as they barely have 5-10 NHL players on the roster.

Old
11-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Disco Volante

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
If you just saw Coach's Corner on HNIC, that was possibly the worst dive ever. WTF was that!?!? Sorry, I don't have the name of the guy (I just turned on the TV and caught the video), but it was well executed - Throws glove in air, leaps in air....but I give it a 2 on the landing. A little too hard...

I don't watch Cherry's garbage so I don't know which dive you are referring to exactly. But yeah, the russian team dived a lot - against the Western team. I haven't seen any of this against the OHL and the Q, but against the West, it was the only ****ing way they could get a penalty. The "normal" calls against the Canadians weren't made, and they were interfering quite a lot, especially in the first game.

And as for the comments on the Russian team, well they did give some problems to the Q and the Western Team (ok, it was Barulin doint all the job) in their first games. They weren't at the level of the Canadians, but I think the Russians are the ones that won this tourney :

- They got invaluable experience to some players that wouldn't got to play against such competition normally.

- They got their WJC goalie to take a look at Canada's best snipers and playmakers.

- They got their WJC coach to see what Canada would look like this year.

- All this without displaying their forces and strategies, and without losing players important to their teams in Russia.

Closed Thread