HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Target Calgary Flames

Old
12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
jimotis

vCash: 500
Target Calgary Flames

discuss...

flames 31 pts
canucks 29
avs 28
kings 26
bhawks 25
jackets 22

jimotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimotis View Post
discuss...

flames 31 pts
canucks 29
avs 28
kings 26
bhawks 25
jackets 22
If we don't make the playoffs. I'm blaming you and this thread for jynxing us.

And I'm being very serious

12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
DJAnimosity
buy ticket;take ride

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
It's simple - go 34-20 the rest of the way, and we're in. It's getting easier by the game - we DID have to go 38-20 before this little streak. Things are looking up.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Jim ... if Calgary fans react to this thread like Edmonton fans ... I'm sending you my anger management therapy bill.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
WrightOn

It's a breeze. We will sail past the Flames with ease. Ask anyone in Calgary.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
The Oilers are sitting at 34 points.........................

That's the real target, guys.

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Kfarschman

Target = Dallas Stars on Tuesday

Hopefully Hitch's homecoming leaves many fans in Dallas a little teary eyed. Well it's either that or the hurting we are going to put on their team.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfarschman View Post
Target = Dallas Stars on Tuesday

Hopefully Hitch's homecoming leaves many fans in Dallas a little teary eyed. Well it's either that or the hurting we are going to put on their team.

There will be Jacket blood spilled in Dallas.....our guys are not dumb..... One can't count the Philly game...hell....Hitch didn't even know who Norrena was at that point.....

The other game I'm excited about is the Sabres....the non Philly Hitch beat them one time too....

Here's the scoop folks but keep it quiet...Hitch loves the western Conference and he regrets going East after Dallas. He is at home here in Columbus and wants to prove to the world he can win in the new NHL, and our guys want to prove they can simply skate....looks like a win-win if you ask me..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:19 PM
jacketracket*

7 points now, with the CBJ in Phoenix and the Flames in Vancouver Thursday ...

jacketracket* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Pluckfur

it's a bit of a conundrum ... if we take our team as it is today back and start at the Flyers game all over... I tell you, we'd be undefeated under Hitch. The change was INSTANTANEOUS - Hitch appeared - and although we lost Philly, Vancouver, and Calgary we'd already begun to find our team identity. It wasn't bad games that killed us, or games we were never in and had no idea how to go about winning- they were one goal lossess that could easily have gone the other way. We were rather miraculously and immediately a TEAM. The road swing we lost 4 pts on, but in the end... that road swing was the cement that set this team in it's winning ways and on it's present course. The win in Colorado was great - but the WHOLE road trip brought our team and our coach together in purpose, mindset, execution, and poise. The single greatest and most important road trip this franchise ever had, and may EVER have.

I like that the fans AND the team have a goal in mind (playing hockey that gets them into the playoffs) and ordinarily I'd have to say "whoa, let's not forget about phoenix and the hawks and..." but yanno what?!?! *I* don't have to! Hitch does all the heavy lifting now and will NOT let his team get ahead of itself... so I'm free to say: TARGET CALGARY/EDMONTON/VANCOUVER ... let's make those Canadian teams regret their Canadian ways.

hmff! take off ya, ya.... HOSERS!

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Byrral

Spoken like a true prophet Pluck. But the target right now is LA.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Spoken like a true prophet Pluck. But the target right now is LA.
:makes note: okie, Byrral, thankee

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
they were one goal lossess that could easily have gone the other way.
Tickled pink

I really hope Jackets can go long with this momentum, as besides getting wins, looking the media even here in Finland, Norrena and Jackets are now well known for the hockey fans. One of the biggest problems for Jackets might be the lack of interest outside Ohio, but hopefully it will get fixed with this streak.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:50 PM
DGMBJfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Tickled pink

I really hope Jackets can go long with this momentum, as besides getting wins, looking the media even here in Finland, Norrena and Jackets are now well known for the hockey fans. One of the biggest problems for Jackets might be the lack of interest outside Ohio, but hopefully it will get fixed with this streak.
Heck, one of the biggest problems for the Jackets is the lack of interest INSIDE Ohio! The OSU monomaniacs around here make it tough to be a hockey fan. Maybe after Jan 8 there will be some more attention given to the only big-four major league sport team in the city.

DGMBJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:56 PM
DGMBJfan

The team to catch now is Minnesota. We're down 10 points with a game in hand, so a win tonight puts us at -8. Calgary has two games in hand and could jump past Minn with just one win. Slow and steady and we'll catch 'em all. Maybe even the Dead Things.

Old
12-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurKOWrock View Post
The Oilers are sitting at 34 points.........................

That's the real target, guys.
thank you for noticing~

Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMBJfan View Post
Heck, one of the biggest problems for the Jackets is the lack of interest INSIDE Ohio!
That's actually pretty weird, given how enthusiastic about hockey people were in Columbus while I was there. It was waaay more than I even expected and I knew some of the guys already from this board. Maybe there is a very strong core of Jackets fans, but outside that it competes with the football and it wins because it's the biggest sport in USA.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
DGMBJfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
That's actually pretty weird, given how enthusiastic about hockey people were in Columbus while I was there. It was waaay more than I even expected and I knew some of the guys already from this board. Maybe there is a very strong core of Jackets fans, but outside that it competes with the football and it wins because it's the biggest sport in USA.
Exactly right (IMHO).

Old
12-14-2006, 04:07 PM
DGMBJfan

Quote:
The team to catch now is Minnesota. We're down 10 points with a game in hand, so a win tonight puts us at -8. Calgary has two games in hand and could jump past Minn with just one win. Slow and steady and we'll catch 'em all. Maybe even the Dead Things.
I stand corrected. It's even better than that. EDM and MIN play tonight. Unless it goes to OT, one of them will remain at 34 points, and we'll still have a game in hand. If we can win tonight and Sat, then we'll be 6 (count 'em, 6) points back of 8th place.

I have WAY too much time on my hands!

Old
12-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Kfarschman

Quote:
Heck, one of the biggest problems for the Jackets is the lack of interest INSIDE Ohio! The OSU monomaniacs around here make it tough to be a hockey fan. Maybe after Jan 8 there will be some more attention given to the only big-four major league sport team in the city.
I know it's been said time and time again. I was just listening to 1460 and the people don't know anything about hockey and they act likes it's funny that they don't.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:14 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
The target right now should be Chicago. We play them at home on Saturday and they are really hot right now too. It's gonna be an old fashioned 4-point swing game and we have to win it. Plus, now that they are all healthy I think they are going to take a run at Klesla so the whole team needs to get involved for us to win.

Remember what Hitch said when he first got here, Baby Steps. Getting into the 3rd spot in our divison comes first.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Matt

The target should be Phoenix. After this game look to the next one. Don't look ahead any farther than the next game.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:59 PM
DentonFreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The target should be Phoenix. After this game look to the next one. Don't look ahead any farther than the next game.
See, I hate when people say stuff like this. As fans, what does focusing on a particular game do for us? Does the team become less focused as the fans look farther down the line? If I focus solely on the Phoenix game and learn everything I possibly can about Phoenix and how they play hockey, will that keep us from losing? I understand your point - if you're talking from a coaches perspective to your players. Otherwise, this is one of the most annoying things someone can say to a bunch of fans. Looking ahead, as fans, does not change the outcome of the games one iota, yet you seem to imply that by us focusing solely on our next game that somehow that will make a difference? Sorry, I can't stand this cliche unless it's the team actually applying it.

DentonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Matt

I am looking at it from a Coach/Manager viewpoint. I do that because I used coach/manage Bantam and Midget travel teams

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
DentonFreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I am looking at it from a Coach/Manager viewpoint. I do that because I used coach/manage Bantam and Midget travel teams
Ok then, I said I understand the point, but what good does it do fans to focus on one game in particular? The entire saying is ridiculous if you're referring to us because as fans, we really have no impact on how the team performs. So I'll ask again, what good does focusing on one game do for fans, and why should we approach the NHL like that?

DentonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote