HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Remaining December Games ~ What's your guess?

Old
12-11-2006, 05:05 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjshelly45 View Post
we will win 2/3 of the detriot games one of which will be a shutout and fedorov will get a hat trick in detroit
That's just too delicious to contemplate! If Feds did that, heads would explode all over Wings fandom!

Last edited by pete goegan: 12-11-2006 at 05:17 PM.
pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
futurcorerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
They're just perdictions broseph.
I can tell it's winter break based on the # of posts you've made in the thread

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurKOWrock View Post
I can tell it's winter break based on the # of posts you've made in the thread
hahahha. Good observation.

Work is boring. Can't help but bring my laptop.

12-11-2006, 11:42 PM
EspoWorld

We're going to win the rest of the games in December.

OK, I'm going insane. I'm starting to see things that aren't there. I can't help it, we just beat edmonton, colorado, st. louis and ottawa 18-3.

How can the CBJ be stopped?

Actually, the game in Dallas is huge. We snag that one, and then you would have to think we would be favored against Phoenix and Chicago at home.

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoWorld View Post

OK, I'm going insane. I'm starting to see things that aren't there. I can't help it, we just beat edmonton, colorado, st. louis and ottawa 18-3.

Actually, the game in Dallas is huge. We snag that one, and then you would have to think we would be favored against Phoenix and Chicago at home.
We could but I doubt it....the important thing is that when we do lose a game to bounch back and NOT go on losing streak.....that will now be the next test for our club.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoWorld View Post

We could but I doubt it....the important thing is that when we do lose a game is to bounce back and NOT go on losing streak.....that will now be the next test for our club.

Old
12-11-2006, 11:58 PM
DentonFreeman

All I'll predict at this point is that we'll be at or above .500 after this stretch of games. Predicting what games a team will win in the NHL is an exercise in futility. Would anyone have predicted back in '02 (I think that was the year) that the Wings would lose only 13 games and one of those would be a home loss to the Bluejackets? I'll predict an individual game in the GDT, but I won't predict a stretch, at least not seriously. That should leave us in good striking distance at the playoffs in the new year.

And about Doug possibly getting fired if they do well - good luck with that. These players that are starting to play well are here because of Doug, and if they continue to perform under Hitchcock Doug would be able to leverage that as to why he should continue to be our GM. Now that we have a good coach, Doug can focus solely on his duties as GM and President with no worries of getting the boot. Wishful thinking on anyone's part to think he'll be forced out of his position if the team keeps performing.

DentonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 04:13 AM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
bah, handyy.. where's your sense of adventure?!?!

i made my predictions based on my instincts(which are hit or miss lately), not my hopes(or i would have had them winning all). if they end up losing more than they win, well.. then that's what they do. my belief is that they couldn't possibly do any worse than they did earlier this season under gallant.. so its a tempered optimism. i, for one, am a fan and i'm not going anywhere no matter the result.
You know it's kinda like surviving from a James Bond adventure and thinking that would you survive the next? Lol, what a bad example but oh well...

I know you wouldn't go anywhere if the results would be bad. What I ment was those casual fans who jump in when the team starts to win. I estimated JYP is down in attendance at least 15% this season, because we are losing. Point is, we always are the losing team but this time they gave such a positive message from the organisation that we will be winning this year. Fans got their hopes up, but soon realised nothing has changed and voted with their wallets. Everybody loses... Tough situation.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets613 View Post
All I'll predict at this point is that we'll be at or above .500 after this stretch of games. Predicting what games a team will win in the NHL is an exercise in futility. Would anyone have predicted back in '02 (I think that was the year) that the Wings would lose only 13 games and one of those would be a home loss to the Bluejackets? I'll predict an individual game in the GDT, but I won't predict a stretch, at least not seriously. That should leave us in good striking distance at the playoffs in the new year.

And about Doug possibly getting fired if they do well - good luck with that. These players that are starting to play well are here because of Doug, and if they continue to perform under Hitchcock Doug would be able to leverage that as to why he should continue to be our GM. Now that we have a good coach, Doug can focus solely on his duties as GM and President with no worries of getting the boot. Wishful thinking on anyone's part to think he'll be forced out of his position if the team keeps performing.
The team will keep performing But, frankly, I don't know how much damage Doug did to his relationship with ownership. If the team keeps winning and the fans don't leave in droves ...Mr. Mac got the coach he wanted, and that might be enough for Doug to keep his job. We'll all know by February.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Xoggz22

Dec 12 - Dallas away - Lose 4-3 (SO)
Dec 14 - Phoenix away - Win 5-2
Dec 16 - Chicago - Win 4-3

Dec 18 - Detroit - Win 4-2
Dec 20 - Detroit away - Lose 5-2
Dec 22 - Vancouver - Win 3-2 (OT)
Dec 23 - Islanders away - Lose 4-3 (OT)

Dec 26 - Boston - Win 3-1
Dec 28 - Detroit - Lose 4-1
Dec 29 - Minnesota away - Lose 3-2 (OT)
Dec 31 - Chicago - Win 5-3

I'm going to guess 6-2-3 for 15 points. We gain another 5 points on the playoffs putting us within 4 points with 3 months to play. Something to play for finally! Tough schedule but I think any team is beatable and we could easily be on the back end of the dreamed up record as well. We'll still struggle with Detroit unfortunately.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
The Blackhawks are playing like gangbusters. Haven't lost in regulation in 7 games. Also, those games fall at bad dates. 7 in a row is a lot to ask of any team. The December 31st game comes after a pretty nasty stretch of games. And the Islanders game is the 2nd game of a back and back.

Having done a little bit of math, here are my ultra rough perdictions for how the teams will be in the WC Standings at the begining of the year

6.Detroit-51 Points
7.Edmonton-46
8.Calgary-45
9.Chicago-42
10.Columbus-39
11.Vancouver-38
12.Colorado-37
13.Los Angeles-35
14.Phoenix-32
15.St. Louis-23

For these point totals, I used the winning percentage of their last 10 games, and calculated that over the rest of the year (except with Columubs, I used the 8-2-1 clip)
Nice work.....I checked your Islander score first...and you are the only one who said what I would have said....a loss at the hands of Ted Nolan who wanted to coach here....

I also like your Detroit wish list....we must beat them to make the playoffs...and your Chicago input was right on as well....nice job Stash.

Old
12-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Grouchy

Send a message via Yahoo to Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Dec 12 - Dallas away; loss
Dec 14 - Phoenix away; win
Dec 16 - Chicago; win
Stellar start for me I must say...

I'll just hope my poor prediction skills continue to have an opposite effect as I picked...

Dec 18 - Detroit; OT loss
Dec 20 - Detroit away; loss

Grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote