HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather have?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have
Redden @ 6.5 mill per season 20 38.46%
Havlat @ 6 mill per season 32 61.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Jennifer 19

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post

Agreed. I think Havlat would have signed with Ottawa for 3 years at $4.5mil, but only with a commitment not to trade him. I strongly believe he did not want to go.
I believe that too. His statements were indicative of a desire to stay. I'm not sure how these things work with NTC, but I could see him asking for that. And I don't blame him one bit.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 01:24 PM
RTWAP*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura_24 View Post
I believe that too. His statements were indicative of a desire to stay. I'm not sure how these things work with NTC, but I could see him asking for that. And I don't blame him one bit.
He wouldn't have been eligible for a NTC in the first year of the deal as they can only apply to years when the player could have been a UFA. But a public commitment from the team that they would not trade him would probably have been sufficient.

A similar thing happened with Roberto Luongo in Florida. He said he wouldn't sign for more than one year, but he was negotiating a longer term deal with Florida that included them publicly stating that he would not be traded.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote