HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simon Sends a Message

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2003, 06:10 AM
orland

vCash: 500
Simon Sends a Message

Chris Simon shows why he's here and Sandy is gone:

http://pages.infinit.net/nonorobo/SimonMcNeil.wmv

Old
11-27-2003, 06:33 AM
LeServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orland
Chris Simon shows why he's here and Sandy is gone:

http://pages.infinit.net/nonorobo/SimonMcNeil.wmv
Amen. That was most impressive.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:49 AM
Terryble

http://nypost.com/photos/sports11270360a.jpg

Edited to add image.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-27-2003 at 06:52 AM.
Old
11-27-2003, 07:26 AM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble
man thats an awesome picture. I saw the fight and was like ouch when Simon connected with that left!!!

Old
11-27-2003, 07:40 AM
orland

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
man thats an awesome picture. I saw the fight and was like ouch when Simon connected with that left!!!
Props to McNeil too, he's a tough kid (only 20!) and he actually dusted himself off and came back throwing some more. His eye did close later in the game from that punch. Simon has been a huge upgrade over Sandy, both as a player and as a fighter/enforcer. He needs to be a force though when we play the Islanders and Flyers next. Can't leave that role solely too Dale, if he's still around by then.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:50 AM
LeServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orland
Props to McNeil too, he's a tough kid (only 20!) and he actually dusted himself off and came back throwing some more. His eye did close later in the game from that punch. Simon has been a huge upgrade over Sandy, both as a player and as a fighter/enforcer. He needs to be a force though when we play the Islanders and Flyers next. Can't leave that role solely too Dale, if he's still around by then.
I think we're in fine shape with Simon and Scott.

As for McNeill, he was a legend in the WHL. I read an article a ways back about Rick Dudley interviewing a kid named Ryan Stone before the draft. Stone was saying how he'd had 18 fights and thought he won all but one. Dudley asked him if he'd fought Florida's guy McNeill and Stone gave him a look and replied: "Oh God no!" Now I see why.

I just don't think Sandy is capable of being as punishing as Simon these days. He didn't scare anyone. You got to know every enforcer in the league is watching that tape today and filing in the back of their mind to stay the hell out of Simon's way.

Old
11-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Slats432

I just gained a whole bunch of respect for Simon watching the clip. Anyone else notice after he landed the BOMB and McNeil starts going down, he pulled up on the next one and waited for him to get up before tossing another.

That is old time hockey. PROPS TO SIMON!!!!

Old
11-27-2003, 11:22 AM
sickboy35

i was.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25

in a bar with the ranger game on one end and the flyer game on the other! as soon as the fight broke out everyone from the flyer end came running down yelling fight!! everyone was going crazy watching it yelling and screaming "hit'em hit'em" then whennthey showed the replay everyone was still going nuts!! even the flyer fans were yelling! it was pretty funny! just goes to show you how popular the fighting is in the nhl!! great fight by simon!! thank god sandra is gone!!

Old
11-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
in a bar with the ranger game on one end and the flyer game on the other! as soon as the fight broke out everyone from the flyer end came running down yelling fight!! everyone was going crazy watching it yelling and screaming "hit'em hit'em" then whennthey showed the replay everyone was still going nuts!! even the flyer fans were yelling! it was pretty funny! just goes to show you how popular the fighting is in the nhl!! great fight by simon!! thank god sandra is gone!!
That's kind of the forgotten part, is that sandy let him get back up which is a sportsmanlike thing to do in a fight.

I mean McNeil didn't win this one but he certainly is gonna be around for a while.

Old
11-27-2003, 04:02 PM
orland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeServ
I think we're in fine shape with Simon and Scott.

As for McNeill, he was a legend in the WHL. I read an article a ways back about Rick Dudley interviewing a kid named Ryan Stone before the draft. Stone was saying how he'd had 18 fights and thought he won all but one. Dudley asked him if he'd fought Florida's guy McNeill and Stone gave him a look and replied: "Oh God no!" Now I see why.

I just don't think Sandy is capable of being as punishing as Simon these days. He didn't scare anyone. You got to know every enforcer in the league is watching that tape today and filing in the back of their mind to stay the hell out of Simon's way.
I don't see Scott staying for too long. When LaCouture is back I think Richard will sent down again. I think Scott is part of the effort to show Lundmark how he has to play if he wants to get ice time; especially until (if) he starts scoring. Scott is a good fighter but I don't think his overall game is as good as LaCouture's.

BTW - I think Dale made a mistake not agreeing to the 2 week conditioning stint. Sather was probably willing to get him some more ice time as a 4th line winger in addition to the 7th or 8th d-man on the squad.

As far as McNeill goes I understand he had a big rep in the minors and few wanted to tangle with him. Notwithstanding the punch and loss he showed a lot and will probably be one of those guys looking to fight a lot to make a name for himself. I think he is strictly a fighter though and is probably a better replacement for Worrell than Hordichuk.

Old
11-28-2003, 11:55 AM
LeServ

Hey Sickboy. I see you're in Trenton. Have you ever gone to a Titans game? Been thinking about making a trip down cause I love minor league/junior games in small buildings. And I haven't been back to Trenton since I moved 20 years ago. I used to like to hang out in the Burg.

Old
11-28-2003, 03:19 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeServ
Hey Sickboy. I see you're in Trenton. Have you ever gone to a Titans game? Been thinking about making a trip down cause I love minor league/junior games in small buildings. And I haven't been back to Trenton since I moved 20 years ago. I used to like to hang out in the Burg.
i haven't been to a game this year! i usally get to at least one or two! it is a lot of fun though, i think the building holds 6 or7000 people! always a good time though! the bar i was at is bille's olde tavern, you had to have been there before right? i also go to buffstones on olden! biker bar that plays metal!! let me when your coming down we'll toss a few down before a game!!

Old
11-29-2003, 09:07 PM
LeServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
i haven't been to a game this year! i usally get to at least one or two! it is a lot of fun though, i think the building holds 6 or7000 people! always a good time though! the bar i was at is bille's olde tavern, you had to have been there before right? i also go to buffstones on olden! biker bar that plays metal!! let me when your coming down we'll toss a few down before a game!!
I remember a place called Soho somewhere in the Burg. And Cent'Anni, which was this Italian restaurant that had pencil points. I used to wind up in the middle of the night at People's Bakery for those amazing heroes/hoagies, whatever they call them there. Also used to go to a place called Scrivens right downtown with a friend of mine. All conversation would stop when we walked in cause we didn't exactly fit in. But then it was cool. I lived in Morrisville for a while and we used to hang out at dive bars in Bristol, too.

Closed Thread