HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Injury Report

Old
12-16-2006, 04:41 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Any updates on Bryan Berard's status???

I took Berard in a keeper draft this summer, got him cheap, knew he wasn't 100 per cent healthy and seem to recall a target return date of January 1. Is that accurate?

What is Berard's current status? Is he back skating? Ahead of schedule for his return date? What is the team now targeting for a return date?

Thanks in advance...

Larry Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:20 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle View Post
I took Berard in a keeper draft this summer, got him cheap, knew he wasn't 100 per cent healthy and seem to recall a target return date of January 1. Is that accurate?

What is Berard's current status? Is he back skating? Ahead of schedule for his return date? What is the team now targeting for a return date?

Thanks in advance...
The front office is very tight lipped about this one. I have said all along that I dont think he will come back. That kind of injury wouldnt be easy to come back if you were a mail sorter...but a NHL player who is going to get beat on every night? REAL hard to come back. IMO of course.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 06:34 AM
X0ssbar

Westcott back tonight...

Quote:
After missing the past 19 games, Westcott is expected to be back in the lineup, taking the place of defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, who suffered a broken nose Thursday in a 5-4 shootout loss in Phoenix.

It will be Westcottís first game under coach Ken Hitchcock, who was hired Nov. 22.

"The teamís been playing great, so Iíve just been champing at the bit to get in there and be a part of it," Westcott said. "All of the D-men keep telling me Iím going to love this system (under Hitchcock) because youíve got a lot of options now, a lot of outlets to make passes out of the zone."

Westcott had a pin removed from his left index finger earlier this week. He has a little trouble gripping with the finger, but said it wonít limit his play.
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/blue...216-D4-02.html

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Casework

Awesome. I had a feeling all week long, and this is just what I said needed to happen last night, so OK doesn't put too much stress on our other defensemen if he keeps going down.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:05 AM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle View Post

Thanks in advance...
On the Satellite Hotstove on Hockey Night in Canada, it was reported Berard will be back mid Jan. Has anyone heard or read anything else that support this or confirms he's almost ready to go?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...-hotstove.html

Last edited by bossy22: 12-17-2006 at 01:18 AM.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
On the Satellite Hotstove on Hockey Night in Canada, it was reported Berard will be back soon. Has anyone heard or read anything to support that?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...-hotstove.html
Last I heard, he was way ahead of schedule. Most people on here seem to think he won't be back at all, but last I heard, he will be ready right after Christmas.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 09:00 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Pascal cannot return too soon! I guess I mean that in two ways: he has to stay out long enough to heal and that has to happen fast! Norrena has played great, for the most part, but it is unreasonable to expect him to keep up "Top Five in the League" stats. I have very little confidence in Conklin to be more than an emergency sub. We need LeClaire in order to keep momentum going for a playoff push.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote