HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will you buy the Dec 12 game against Detroit?

View Poll Results: Will you buy the game?
Yes, I'll order it at home 5 8.33%
No, but, I'll watch it at a sports bar/movie theatre that is playing it 8 13.33%
No, but not due to any underlying principle, I'm just not available to watch the game 4 6.67%
No, but, I have a method of watching the game without paying for it 8 13.33%
No, I refuse to support the PPV system, and will not watch the game on principle 35 58.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-11-2006, 01:53 PM
PlayItAgain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
BTW, does anyone know if the game will be in HD? If it is, it'll give even more motivation for those with the home theatre systems to give it a try.
I phoned Rogers and they told me no HD for this. I mentioned that the Detroit feed is going to be HD, why can't a PPV? The csr had no clue what to say.

I don't mind paying to watch the Sens. I already pay for Center Ice just to catch a few (5?) extra Sens games a year. I guess another 50 bucks is not the end of the world.

The Sens should just come with a season PPV package where you are guaranteed every Sens game on TV. But somehow I don't think that would be too popular around here.

PlayItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
RTWAP*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post
The Sens should just come with a season PPV package where you are guaranteed every Sens game on TV. But somehow I don't think that would be too popular around here.
I would subscribe to a Sens Channel that showed all the games before I would pay for Centre Ice. I don't watch any other teams. It's not that I'm not interested but with a growing family and heavy work demands I just don't have time.

I won't support the PPV because I don't want to see a situation develop where there are 30 games on PPV at $12 each. I would rather pay $100 for a Sens Channel.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Gr8full

They can stuff it where the sun don't shine. I already subscribe to Center Ice and this to me is a total ripoff.

Gr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Sens are like Whoa

I won't pay for that.

I'll get wasted at a bar.

And watch it for free.

Sens are like Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:02 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to GOAT Send a message via Skype™ to GOAT
Obviously, this PPV crap is a bigtime moneygrab. Once they have a solid hold of your cash, they're gonna keep pulling and pulling. As many of you have said, next year you'll see 10 games on PPV, then 15, and eventually it'll be 25-30. That exact situation has developed in Edmonton and Vancouver as I understand it. I don't know why they put up with it.

I am addicted to watching to Sens play, as many of you are, even when I spend the time yelling at them (like far too many games this season). But we can't let them take advantage of our passion any more than they've already done. Boycott this endeavour, and pass the word to everyone you know to do the same.

GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

This PPV crap is ridiculious and nothing more than a money grab and a low blow to Sens fans. Sure there are still gonna be people who will dish out the money cause it will be a good game ....but people there is a place called Marshy's , Local Heroes , Buffalo Charlies.

I usually head down to Marshy's for a couple games a month with friends anyway and order up some nachos with some beer , so that's definitly where I will be headed tommorow night. It will be a very good game and I always love watching the Wings and am really looking forward to facing Hasek.

Besdies even if I don't end up going to Marshy's I got no problem watching it at Center Ice (but I do like Marshy's) And for all those who don't have Center Ice and can't make out to a bar than forget it guys, it's just one game and not worth the cost. Whoever doesn't end up watching the game , turn up the Team and just wait 2 days for your Sens fix on A-Channel vs the Preds.

Also it SHOULD be a good game , but only if the real Sens show up and not the ones that got blown out by the third worst team in the league.

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
freakin

no, because it'll be on Center Ice which I'm already paying for. Though one time I ordered a french channel while on vacation to watch one Sens game. I don't really care about the cost if it's something I'll enjoy.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Gr8full

Quote:
Besdies even if I don't end up going to Marshy's I got no problem watching it on Center Ice
You'll have a little problem watching it on Center Ice. It may be on Center Ice in the states but it's not on in Ottawa (at least through Rogers),I checked the schedule already.

Old
12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8full View Post
You'll have a little problem watching it on Center Ice. It may be on Center Ice in the states but it's not on here in Ottawa,I checked the schedule already.
Really!??! So Center Ice owners get screwed out a Sens game just cause it's on PPV. I'm sure the Sens media department made sure that game got blocked in Ottawa cause of the PPV....what that is soooo low.

Alright I guess it is Marshy's!

Old
12-11-2006, 03:55 PM
freakin

Quote:
You'll have a little problem watching it on Center Ice. It may be on Center Ice in the states but it's not on in Ottawa (at least through Rogers),I checked the schedule already.
it's on on Center Ice everywhere but Ottawa. I live in Toronto so I'll be able to see it.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:58 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
it's on on Center Ice everywhere but Ottawa. I live in Toronto so I'll be able to see it.
Yah well lucky you!

Old
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
senskickass12

I think it is ridiculous that people in Ottawa will have their CI feed blacked out. They're already paying enough money to watch games they shouldn't have to pay more because of PPV. I love watching the Sens but cable and seeing tickets are already expensive enough we shouldn't have to pay more to catch a game.

senskickass12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
pt_mck

$11 is too much. I'm not against it in principle. If it were $5 probably.

Or 4 games for $20 maybe. but 4 games $45 no way.

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Schenn02

Is it on PPV or something? Thats BS...I think as hockey fans in general, we all should boycott paying for games. One of the reasons why I will never buy LeafsTV. Last year they put both Calgary and Vancouver on LeafsTV and I could have screamed.

You Sens fans should do the same, don't get SensTV (if they ever have it) or PPV. And I'll shed a tear with you guys for TVU as well.

Schenn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
ISensFanI

radio for me, im not payin $11 to watch one game on TV, maybe if that was the price for 3 games, then I'd probably buy them, buy $11 is WAY too much for just one game.

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Bileur

Blacking out the CI feed enrages me. *** is that?

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Gr8full

And the worst of it is that in March when we're most likely going to be making a run for the playoffs there'll be 3 games we'll miss.

Toronto on the 8th

Rangers on the 13th

Penguins on the 18th

Damn this makes me

Old
12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Sens are like Whoa

Man, no one even noticed I wrote in Haiku form.

Sometimes you guys disappoint me.

Sens are like Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Gr8full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens are like Whoa View Post
Man, no one even noticed I wrote in Haiku form.

Sometimes you guys disappoint me.
That was so earlier today.......

Old
12-11-2006, 09:09 PM
jasonjim

Quote:
And the worst of it is that in March when we're most likely going to be making a run for the playoffs there'll be 3 games we'll miss.

Toronto on the 8th

Rangers on the 13th

Penguins on the 18th

Damn this makes me
I am against paying anything for a hockey game on TV or anywhere else, big screen or not. I have never paid to see very popular heavyweight fights in the past, so I sure am not going to change that policy for a hockey game. Once you start paying for a thing like this the powers that be start soaking you once it becomes popular and trendy, with peer pressure to boot to make it harder to resist.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote