HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Greatest Sens Opening Videos

Old
12-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
OT: Greatest Sens Opening Videos

This one is definately my favourite, the 2003 Sens-Devils opening. It's amazing, my all-time favourite. With lazers, coloured spotlights that rotated through the stands, fireworks, smoke, and the alarms with Sparty dropping out of the roof Mission Impossible style, this opening was what just about every other team in the NHL used the following season. You could barely hear the music it was so loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1k7GcBVhSM (watch it full screen)

My family went to every single one of the home games for the playoffs that year (now we can afford to go to 2 haha) and I still think this is the most memorable moment at the Corel Centre / Scotiabank Place. The atmosphere was insane, the entire city was full of Sens flags....Right before you pull onto Palladium, in one of the backyards two little boys were jumping up and down on a trampoline with "GO SENS GO" signs, it was so cute.

I remember after we forced a game seven, it was just insane in Ottawa. People were running all over Palladium drive, in the parking lots of the CC, it was just woah. People had actually climbed ontop of the parking booths going INSANE, people were RUNNING ONTO THE QUEENSWAY. (I wanted to run there too but my parents were like NO NO DYING FOR YOU!)

It's never been the same since that playoff series. Never. Definately the most memorable moment in Senators history, as far as I'm concerned, was the entire playoff series versus the Devils.

I remember the day after we lost, it was raining. For a week, it rained. It was like the entire city was in mourning. But people never took down their sens car flags, their window stickers, the paint off their cars.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post

I remember the day after we lost, it was raining. For a week, it rained. It was like the entire city was in mourning. But people never took down their sens car flags, their window stickers, the paint off their cars.
I remember that distinctly. It was just so appropriate because it completely reflected the mood of the city. It was so depressing. I went shopping with my friends on the Saturday and whenever I saw a newspaper cover with the Sens it took all my strength not to burst out crying.

Even though it was such a heartbreaking event for me, it was still my all time favourite time as a Sens fan. It was just something else. I think if we got to the ECF again we would get to experience something very similar. It just makes me wonder what an SCF would be like...I think it would be completely CRAZY!!!!

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:22 AM
brucegarrioch

It's amazing how many players we've lost since that series:

Hossa
White
Havlat
Bonk
Smolinski
Chara
Arvedson
Van Allen
Rachunek
Schastlivy
Varada
Hull
Hnidy
Leschyshyn
Pothier
Ray
Lalime
Prusek

Not to mention guys like Smyth, Langfeld, Martins, Dahlman, Bonvie, Tetarenko, Kwiatkowski who all played a few games in the NHL that season for us.

(That's 24 players in total - 17 players that played on a regular basis.)

I always look back and think, "we used to have so much more character back in those years."

You're right, though, nothing has been the same since that series.

Anyone have any video clips from the NJ series they can post?

brucegarrioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Preeat

Send a message via MSN to Preeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post

Anyone have any video clips from the NJ series they can post?
I'll upload one right now on YouTube. It's a highlight package of game 7 against the Devils. The crowd was unbelievable in that match and you can see it in the video.

Preeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:29 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preeat View Post
I'll upload one right now on YouTube. It's a highlight package of game 7 against the Devils. The crowd was unbelievable in that match and you can see it in the video.
Cool, I was in the stands for that one. (well, for every home game that playoff but 2)

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Jennifer 19

Quote:
Awesome.

*grabs a box of kleenex*

Old
12-11-2006, 11:30 AM
brucegarrioch

Quote:
Thanks, man.

Anyway you could post a link in this thread?

brucegarrioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Preeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post
Thanks, man.

Anyway you could post a link in this thread?
Once its done uploading and up on YouTube I'll post the link in the thread.

Old
12-11-2006, 11:31 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I almost don't want to watch those videos. It would put me in too bad of a mood. That game was just incredibly depressing.

I will forever hate John Madden for tackling Marian Hossa when he had an empty net.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Preeat

Alright guys, it's finished uploading but still needs to be processed by YouTube. Could take about 20 mins or so. In the meantime I'm gonna go shower but it should be up and ready for you guys to watch once I get back. Hang tight!

Old
12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Preeat

Here's the video guys. Enjoy it if you can.....you might want to stop it a bit short if you wanna avoid seeing that Friesen goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTA1qbXq60

Old
12-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Jennifer 19

Quote:
Here's the video guys. Enjoy it if you can.....you might want to stop it a bit short if you wanna avoid seeing that Friesen goal.

Thanks.

It shakes me up seeing that.

Old
12-11-2006, 12:16 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

What strikes me is the volume in that place.

People who think Ottawa is dead need to watch this. We just haven't had anything to get excited about in awhile since our "Cup or Bust" mentality has taken hold.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Preeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
What strikes me is the volume in that place.

People who think Ottawa is dead need to watch this. We just haven't had anything to get excited about in awhile since our "Cup or Bust" mentality has taken hold.
That year was pretty amazing overall though. The club was bankrupt. Players had to buy their own sticks and didn't get a paycheque sometimes and yet they finished #1 in the conference with all that turmoil surrounding the ownership. It pretty much gave us, the fans, even more reason to cheer for the Sens. I remember hearing rumours that the Sens were going to be moved but thank God that never happened.

Old
12-11-2006, 12:28 PM
SoulPatch

Thanks for the video...truly brought back some great memories. I don't think I'll ever forget this series, and I hope one day Ottawa can get back to that elite level. Watching this is actually semi-depressing, we've lost so much talent, and I'm not sure we can ever get that back in a capped league.

SoulPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 01:49 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

I was never more proud of the boys then that series.

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:

Everytime I see that goal I wish I could go back in time and scream at Redden. "It's not a 2 on 1! Just switch to the guy on the right and let Rachunek take the guy on the left!!! Frack!"

It's a high-speed play and split second judgement. Before that mistake there was Rachunek's pinch, and then Havlat easing up when the 2 guys were momentarily covered before the D-man brain-farted.

It was a great series though.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:30 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Ah good times and brings back my best memories as a Sens fan. Nothing has come close to matching the emotion , excitement and energy this city had and the passion people showed for the Sens .....and there is a reason for that......the Sens have not been that far since than and until they get back the East Final things won't change.

I remember that Game 7 like it was yesterday , it was one of the most amazing experience of my life and the noise on that first goal was unparalleled. Everyone was so confident the Sens were going to win that game , those 3 straight games were easily the best hockey the Sens have ever played. There was something so special about that team ....from Hossa and Alfie to Redden and Phillips to White and Lalime I was so proud of the team and so proud to be a Sens fan , it was really somthing to see the team take over the city the way it did... the thousands upon thousands of car flags was a sight in intself. I was depressed for a week after that game and watched maybe 5 minutes of the Stanley Cup Final cause I was sooo jealous and thought it should have been the Sens there. I had money put away and saved up ready to dish out on Stanley Cup Final tickets. After the loss I was pissed off and even remember being bitter towards other people.
Still chokes me up and gives me a weird feeling seeing what the atmosphere was like and how the whole city litteraly had Sens fever

It's so hard to beleive and accept that things have not been able able to reutrn to the way they were that amazing spring on 03. That really was the peak of this franchise and unfortunaltey it has been down hill ever since. Everyone wants that excitement around the team again but people are hesitant cause they don't wanna get their hopes up. I think almost everyone felt last year was OUR YEAR.....that excitement about the team was slowly retuning but you could tell people were losing faith as the BUF series went on.

Now this season....well I think alot of people are unsure about this team and really don't know what to expect. Personally I like the attidtude and direction the team has taken on this season. They are still a very good team but their record indicates nothing more than average. That's exactly what this team needs....fight and claw their way into the playoffs as a bottom seed and realize what it takes to make the playoffs. They will develop drive , work ethic , effort and determination that the team has lacked in the past few seasons. Let them be the underdog for once and have the pressure on the other team......less pressure and lower expectations will yield better results for the Sens cause everyone knows they crack under pressure.
A solid move at the deadline for once and I really think the Sens will surprise alot of people in the playoffs. Instead of dominating the regular season and choking in the playoffs...lets have it reversed this season and see what happens.

Hopefully come April the Sens will be in the playoffs again but the difference will be the results and then the playoff fever will return to the city. Until than many people will just take that cautious wait and see approach.

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Hell on Heels

I was told by someone in Atlanta, that Marian said if he had a choice he would re-sign here.

Maybe, maybe..

Old
12-11-2006, 03:50 PM
ISensFanI

Quote:
I was told by someone in Atlanta, that Marian said if he had a choice he would re-sign here.

Maybe, maybe..
we can only hope, when does his contract end?

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:50 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:

Maybe, maybe..

Really?? Wow that sure is interesting...and just leave Atlanta just like that, does he not like it there?

I doubt we would have the space to bring him back unless we made the room ....we'll see when the time comes.

But this thread sure makes me miss Hossa even more as that was his best season with us.

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Preeat

There will be a huge bidding war for Hossa if he ever makes it to the UFA market. Let's hope that we are in the running at that time.

Old
12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
ISensFanI

Quote:
There will be a huge bidding war for Hossa if he ever makes it to the UFA market. Let's hope that we are in the running at that time.
Or that he wants to come back here more than he wants money.

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
Really?? Wow that sure is interesting...and just leave Atlanta just like that, does he not like it there?

I doubt we would have the space to bring him back unless we made the room ....we'll see when the time comes.

But this thread sure makes me miss Hossa even more as that was his best season with us.
I know that Chara wants to open a travel agency here when he retires.

Not to piss off my Atlanta fan friends, I love my Thrashers, but you can't compare Atlanta to Ottawa fan-wise. No matter where you go in Ottawa someone recognizes you if you are a player.

Old
12-11-2006, 04:06 PM
freakin

it's offtopic to talk about the Sens all of a sudden?

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote