HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just my luck

Old
12-11-2006, 06:46 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Just my luck

So i just so happened to go to the Flyers game against the Capitals with seats in section 217 row 8. Two of my good friends were also at the game, one was sitting section 111 row 9 and the other 119 row 4. I called my one friend sitting in section 111 and he said there were seats open so i could sit there. After the first period I wanted a change of view and called my other friend sitting 4 rows from the ice behind the net. He was positive that 4 seats in front of him were vacant. The next period I sat 3 rows behind Johnson and it just so happened that they scored all their goals that period. I thought to myself," WOW, it must be good luck." I sat there for the rest of the game. When the Caps scored their 5th goal with 2 minutes to go, I left the game. I soon got a call from my friend who was sitting in section 111. He told me that he was 3 feet away from getting Ovechkin's hockey stick. He told me there was a dad with 3 kids who sat where I was sitting the first period. When the Caps scored the 5th goal, everyone left so they moved up to the first row with my friend. After the game was over, Ovechkin went over to the glass where my friend was and gave the kids that were sitting in my seat, his stick.
I cursed myself all the way home.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Ri hards

Don't feel too bad. . .he probably wouldn't have given his stick to you over the kids, even if you would have been closer.

Besides. . .they're always next time

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Don't feel too bad. . .he probably wouldn't have given his stick to you over the kids, even if you would have been closer.

Besides. . .they're always next time
I think I couldve persuaded him because I know Russian.
Just a thought

Old
12-11-2006, 07:04 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21 View Post
I think I couldve persuaded him because I know Russian.
Just a thought
my initial reaction was also that he wouldn't have given to you in favor of the kids...but, yeah, if you said something to him in his native language he might have....tough break dude, that really sucks

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
PhillyFlyers1796

If you feel bad for him...imagine how i feel...i was the friend in section 111 row 9 that was 3 feet away from getting it. I got so excited when he pointed in my direction...to think if i was 12 years younger id probably have that stick.

The funny thing is, the dad had the same idea as me...he knew ovechkin does that...but the little kid factort always wins...

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Yeah I saw that on TV

easton122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers1796 View Post
If you feel bad for him...imagine how i feel...i was the friend in section 111 row 9 that was 3 feet away from getting it. I got so excited when he pointed in my direction...to think if i was 12 years younger id probably have that stick.

The funny thing is, the dad had the same idea as me...he knew ovechkin does that...but the little kid factort always wins...
They probably werent even his real kids. He paid two kids $10 each (we know how much that is to kids) and had them stand there with him so he would get the stick. Tomorrow we will see it on ebay for $500

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
flyersfan97

Foppa, I gotta go with my gut instinct in that he was going to give it to a kid. The fact that you have the ability to speak his native tongue is a plus, but it was still going to a kid. It's actually pretty darn cool that he gaveaway his stick at an away game.

I was furious last year when, after warm-ups at CAA, Brashear gave a puck to a kid wearing a Devils jersey instead of my absolutely beautiful daughter who was decked out in head-to-toe Flyers gear.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

You guys seem to miss the point. Had I not moved that kid wouldnt have been there. I wouldve been the one to get that stick.

Old
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
PhillyFlyers1796

Quote:
You guys seem to miss the point. Had I not moved that kid wouldnt have been there. I wouldve been the one to get that stick.
Like hell you would have...that wouldve been mine!

Ovechkins a really cool guy for doing that though....im liking him as a player more and more. That is also another thing he has over crosby...

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers1796 View Post
Like hell you would have...that wouldve been mine!

Ovechkins a really cool guy for doing that though....im liking him as a player more and more. That is also another thing he has over crosby...
I agree, he knows he's a super star, and it's not getting to his head it looks like.

Crosby might be amazing, but his ego... He gets on my nerves.

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
He'd have given it to another kid.

I have watched a ton of Caps games since Ovy started playing and I have never seen him give it so someone who wasn't a kid.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 04:55 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
He'd have given it to another kid.

I have watched a ton of Caps games since Ovy started playing and I have never seen him give it so someone who wasn't a kid.
Next time, rent a kid for the game.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote