Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comments on N J game..

Old
12-15-2006, 02:43 PM
OLD51JOHN

vCash: 500
Comments on N J game..

Was not that little boy trumpeter great??????Was not the refs lousey?????When the players are bad they go to the box .....Why not a game suspention for poor judgement????? Since I have been watching the N H L for over 60 years I say to all that will listen ... Its not as good as it was once....We good really use a hockey guy at the helm .... Put Bettman in charge of merchandising..... Put an ex player in charge of the game on ice... AND go back to ONE ref I swear that the extra ref want s to earn his money buy making his presense known by some of his calls......

OLD51JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Glad to see you back posting, OMJ.

I was thinking about you the other day, so it's nice to see you weighing in with your thoughts.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:04 PM
samsdad

Is it just me or are the refs very quick with the whistles? Not just on the goal that wasn't, but it seems like every time there is a delayed penalty or an icing, once the puck is within 3 feet of a player, the whistle is blown....long before the player even touches it...and I dont mean just last nites game, it seems to be a season long trend

samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:49 PM
ap3lovr

well, I counted 2 bad calls that led to problems for the B's. A penalty call for Interference on Chara that looked clean, led to a goal. And an early whistle on a delayed penalty that led to a no goal.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:32 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Either way it was the best outing by the club since the infamous first of the Toronto series of games.

And not because there was fight.

But because they were all physical and putting everything they had into the game.

Notice how much better Bergy skates when he's being physical. It's not that he's faster, he's "quicker". Quicker to react, quicker to take action. With his speed, knowledge of the motion of the game (great for his age), when combined with a physical determination to play the body, it becomes a deadly combination.

They came back from what appears to be a horendous call by the refs on Chara for finishing a check (interference ). Not only did they come back on the score board, but they didn't slack off in the hitting department all that much. That one call could have made them all gun shy. It did, but only for a few shifts, till some one tested the waters and a call wasn't made.

It is possible in this league to play physical within the boundries of the rules, and even though the Bruins aren't particularly built with this in mind, I believe it elevates even their game.

I can excuse a poor record, I can excuse a lot if they only played this way every night.

I saw a lot more hussle for lose pucks.

I saw a lot more bumping and general all around nastiness around our crease (by this season's standards).

I actually saw...... NHL Hockey last night.

Not the never ending keep away only to result in a broken play followed by another round of keep away.

I actually saw something that resembled what I remember as hockey.

Everyone's game was elevated due to the fact that the team play much more physical.

They need to have a big first shift in the next game(as I've said before) . Purposely nasty, hitting, bru ha-haing, in your face first shift, to bring the blood to a boil. Let it serve to remind them that this is how they were successful against a team that once put them to sleep for a 5-1 loss.

I'd rather see them lose playing the way they played last night, then win in some bizarre *** for tat, I've got the puck now I don't, stick checking in the corner game. Batting it around endlessly till some one jumps on a broken play or missed assingment or worse an innocuous call.

The Toronto game that lit the fire for the win streak had the same elments but it slowly faded till we had 2 loses. Now it's back, and keeping it at that "next level" is the key.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 09:50 PM
whatsbruin

I'm going to put down some observations, not from watching the games, but from reading the GDT.

A lot, and I mean a lot of posters indicate how poorly the refs are this year, and how badly the B's seem to be getting hosed by the Refs. If this is true, then the B's should be sending tape to the league. I haven't heard of the B's doing that. If it isn't true, the Lewis really needs to correct this problem. Either way its a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

Another Too many men on the ice penalty, and this board could explode. There really is no excuse for this, and the B's should start fining people for this. Again all indications would point to the coach.

Keep reading hearing how Lewis is concentrating on D first in practices. Where the heck is the D in the game? All I read about is Missed assignments and costly turn overs in their own end. What are they practicing on. This needs to be fixed.

Poor PK, in a non-aggressive fashion.

I must say I'm not a big fan of Lewis, but he has done things right.
I'd still rather him play the younger guys, with more potential, more and have the vets who don't provide a whole bunch sit.

Two things that would greatly contribute to more wins: Reduce the number of penalties, and improve the PK.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote