HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We got Hitch just in time

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
blah blah blah. which is how i feel when i try to read posts from non-native english speakers. you are both vastly superior to me in your 2nd language skills...still doesn't mean i have the desire to hash through every sentence construction and curious phrasing. you're both very smart guys...but i have better things to do than ... mmm blah blah blah.
Go girl.....

Old
12-13-2006, 06:30 AM
gonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
My point? You said Hitch and 7 yrs. I told "he might get tuned out quickly. But, at this point it obviously doesn't matter." You said those are just rumours. I pasted an article saying it was not a rumour. Nothing more.
The team is playing its best Hockey all season. Players are quoted as saying they're buying into the system. The Jackets are trying to climb out of the hole and get a playoff spot. This is the most exciting time to be a Blue Jackets fan.

With all that said, why are some folks griping over something that may or may not happen? Things are finite. That's the nature of entropy, it breaks down. But for now, we've got ourselves a kickass team to root for. Enjoy it.

Old
12-13-2006, 07:49 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
blah blah blah. which is how i feel when i try to read posts from non-native english speakers. you are both vastly superior to me in your 2nd language skills...still doesn't mean i have the desire to hash through every sentence construction and curious phrasing. you're both very smart guys...but i have better things to do than ... mmm blah blah blah.

This comes from a woman who enjoys throwing esoteric literary and astrological references around! Blah, blah, blah, indeed!

Old
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoid View Post
With all that said, why are some folks griping over something that may or may not happen? Things are finite. That's the nature of entropy, it breaks down. But for now, we've got ourselves a kickass team to root for. Enjoy it.
I am enjoying it, fully. Maybe it's just the 15 years of losing hockey I've seen (and played) which makes me question things before it might be reality. I don't see that it takes anything out of the winning moments, it's only a discussion "what if". I want to keep myself on my toes looking both sides of the story. I can then enjoy hockey more than if I would only just praise everything. That's why the griping over something

Old
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
I am enjoying it, fully. Maybe it's just the 15 years of losing hockey I've seen (and played) which makes me question things before it might be reality. I don't see that it takes anything out of the winning moments, it's only a discussion "what if". I want to keep myself on my toes looking both sides of the story. I can then enjoy hockey more than if I would only just praise everything. That's why the griping over something
I'd drop that team and stop playing then......15 years is way to long...we are NOW all about winning round here.....

Old
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
This comes from a woman who enjoys throwing esoteric literary and astrological references around! Blah, blah, blah, indeed!
Astrological? ha. That certainly was NOT the word you were looking for petie. Maybe pull out your esoteric literary Cliff notes and try again?

No one should be offended by anything I said. If I have trouble understanding people and am unable to make myself clear...well, tough *******. There are times when i find it best to just cut sail and travel on. You want to take offense, pete? that's your business - but it's not *my* deal.

Handyy and I clearly disagree on the timeliness or need for hiring Hitchcock ... and though I tried, and Handyy tried, to make our positions understood...it just WASN'T working out. I tried to signal several times that I wanted the conversation to end (it's obviously a moot point now) Handyy didn't want to drop it.

I think Handyy is on the wrong side of Hitch History on this deal, and I think trying to defend Doug's coaching position/decisions at this point is misguided and plainly indefensible.

So, that's that. Pack it up and move along. We have good hockey to discuss.

Old
12-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Nice post Pluck.....you do have a way with words I can only dream of. If I tried to use your flare I'd have 40-50 people drumming me into the ground within 15 minutes.....

Old
12-13-2006, 06:24 PM
gonz

Quote:
Let's put it this way...

...I'm a Bengals fan. I know what it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I'd feel that same thing with the Blue Jackets. Before, with a good streak, I was just waiting for the one bad game that would trigger the 8-game skid. But with Hitch, I don't feel that way anymore. Maybe I've bought into the scheme, too, and am just blinded by the glittery scoreboard and all. However, I think the Jackets have the two important components for success: a talent-laden team on the ice and a veteran coach.

Sit back. Enjoy. Go Jackets.

Old
12-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Let's put it this way...

...I'm a Bengals fan. I know what it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I'd feel that same thing with the Blue Jackets. Before, with a good streak, I was just waiting for the one bad game that would trigger the 8-game skid. But with Hitch, I don't feel that way anymore. Maybe I've bought into the scheme, too, and am just blinded by the glittery scoreboard and all. However, I think the Jackets have the two important components for success: a talent-laden team on the ice and a veteran coach.

They say.....many hockey professionals......you need two things to win in the NHL:

A head coach and a goalie!

We now have both..............

Old
12-13-2006, 07:08 PM
falcor

Quote:
um.. the astrological references are from me, not pluck. just cuz we are both 'chicks' doesn't make us the same. and i'm gonna keep on being me whether you agree with the 'stars' or not. :p

Old
12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Let's put it this way...

I'm a Bengals fan, an Ohio Bobcats fan and a Columbus Crew fan. So I'm right there with you and Handdy in not letting myself get fooled again. But like you, the thing I like about Hitch is he's taught the club to be more even-keeled, throughout the game and from game-to-game. So I'd be surprised if ANY losing streak were more than two or three games going forward.

Old
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
um.. the astrological references are from me, not pluck. just cuz we are both 'chicks' doesn't make us the same. and i'm gonna keep on being me whether you agree with the 'stars' or not. :p

You are correct, Falcor, that was my mistake. I did think you both were into signs, though not because of your gender. I'm sorry for that confusion. And I have no interest in changing your beliefs, no matter what they are. That's your business. I thought Pluckfur took a cheap shot at Handyy and I commented on it. Perhaps I should have been clearer. In any case, all have moved on and there appear to be no permanent injuries. I enjoy the contributions all three of you (meaning you, Pluckfur and Handyy) make to this board. We need not agree on everything.

Old
12-13-2006, 08:13 PM
falcor

Quote:
You are correct, Falcor, that was my mistake. I did think you both were into signs, though not because of your gender. I'm sorry for that confusion. And I have no interest in changing your beliefs, no matter what they are. That's your business. I thought Pluckfur took a cheap shot at Handyy and I commented on it. Perhaps I should have been clearer. In any case, all have moved on and there appear to be no permanent injuries. I enjoy the contributions all three of you (meaning you, Pluckfur and Handyy) make to this board. We need not agree on everything.
i dunno if pluck is into signs or not.. but just in case, i'm a scorpio(born on the cusp of libra/gemini rising)

and i don't necessarily 'believe', but it is an interest of mine lately. besides, any belief can be changed with the proper evidence...but i digress.

as for plucky vs. handyy.. i didn't read it. apparently my opinion was not needed if it was already settled. i'm way too sick right now to jump into long worded(no offense) posts regardless of the topic.

i enjoy everyone's contributions and you are correct..we don't need to agree on everything. sometimes i prefer that we don't.

Last edited by falcor: 12-13-2006 at 08:15 PM. Reason: too sick to spell right too
Old
12-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
i dunno if pluck is into signs or not.. but just in case, i'm a scorpio(born on the cusp of libra/gemini rising)

and i don't necessarily 'believe', but it is an interest of mine lately. besides, any belief can be changed with the proper evidence...but i digress.

as for plucky vs. handyy.. i didn't read it. apparently my opinion was not needed if it was already settled. i'm way too sick right now to jump into long worded(no offense) posts regardless of the topic.

i enjoy everyone's contributions and you are correct..we don't need to agree on everything. sometimes i prefer that we don't.
!!! whao! and i mean whao! i'm a libra w/ gemini rising. although i've read a few esoteric tomes on star signs and astrology... i know less about it than ... well... just about anything else in my whole esoteric universe but, i'm always up for learning.

who knows? if someone wants to work up an astrology *thingie* on Hitch and the Blue Jackets ... i'd read it! but, i'm a woman of next to no restraint or discrimination when it comes to books and ideas...and i'll read just about anything

Old
12-13-2006, 08:30 PM
falcor

Quote:
!!! whao! and i mean whao! i'm a libra w/ gemini rising. although i've read a few esoteric tomes on star signs and astrology... i know less about it than ... well... just about anything else in my whole esoteric universe but, i'm always up for learning.

who knows? if someone wants to work up an astrology *thingie* on Hitch and the Blue Jackets ... i'd read it! but, i'm a woman of next to no restraint or discrimination when it comes to books and ideas...and i'll read just about anything
that's woah! indeed!

i tried to do line combinations based off of signs, but it didn't work out so well, cuz all i got are 'compatibility' reports to go on. just cuz fritsche and carter wouldn't make it to dessert doesn't mean they couldn't score some goals

doug is an aries though.. highly known to jump in with all these ideas, but never sticking around to seeing them through. hitch is a sagittarius(also a fire sign) .. known to 'try anything and everything at least once'. so there ya go. magic in the making.

Last edited by falcor: 12-13-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: *sigh* dessert. dessert. dessert. stupid falcor
Old
12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
that's woah! indeed!

i tried to do line combinations based off of signs, but it didn't work out so well, cuz all i got are 'compatibility' reports to go on. just cuz fritsche and carter wouldn't make it to desert doesn't mean they couldn't score some goals

doug is an aries though.. highly known to jump in with all these ideas, but never sticking around to seeing them through. hitch is a sagittarius(also a fire sign) .. known to 'try anything and everything at least once'. so there ya go. magic in the making.
I You

feel better sooon*

Old
12-13-2006, 09:10 PM
falcor

Quote:
I You

feel better sooon*
thx. i'm off to deep..uh.. to ice my throat with a popsicle.

(if i say "i you" too, will our little secret be out??)

Old
12-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Fell better soon Falcor .. it sucks to be sick

Old
12-13-2006, 09:19 PM
falcor

thx.

y'all have fun(but not too much)... don't do anything i wouldn't do! (*smirks*)

~~~~i'm so glad we got hitch when we did, but can you imagine if we had him from the start? ah, well.. perhaps timing was key. can't say the whole team would have listened to him if they didn't suck total *** first. thanks to hitch for giving me the week off to recuperate.

Old
12-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
hitch is a sagittarius(also a fire sign) .. known to 'try anything and everything at least once'. so there ya go. magic in the making.
Ok.....now I know why I insisted we get him........and got my way.....I'm Sagittarius as well.....

Old
12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Robert
Foligno family

I just watched Melrose on ESPN.com giving an analysis of coaching changes, regardless of your opinion of him I thought some of the things he were dead on...others perhaps not.

First he said when the players quit on the their coach, he said they did quit in Columbus, the coach must be fired. Once that is done the accountibility goes to the players.

He then said the new coach gets a bump of 15-20 games and then the players may revert to their old ways....if true, pay attention to our play after the 15th game...we will see if if his correct in case at least.

Old
12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
DGMBJfan

If the team is 11-4 after 15 games, I doubt there will be much of a letdown. Melrose is right, the team quit on GG. But in the whole time he was coaching, I didn't hear the players quoted about "the system". GG's success in the second half last year may have been just luck and "we've got nothing to lose" by the players. KH seems to have this team drinking his Kool-Aid, and as long as they win, or lose respectably, he'll probably keep them motivated. It will be interesting to see what happens after the first bad loss. Will they revert or just brush it off?

Old
12-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMBJfan View Post
If the team is 11-4 after 15 games, I doubt there will be much of a letdown. Melrose is right, the team quit on GG. But in the whole time he was coaching, I didn't hear the players quoted about "the system". GG's success in the second half last year may have been just luck and "we've got nothing to lose" by the players. KH seems to have this team drinking his Kool-Aid, and as long as they win, or lose respectably, he'll probably keep them motivated. It will be interesting to see what happens after the first bad loss. Will they revert or just brush it off?
Very good points there DG.....the run last spring was helped by some great rotating goaltending as well....but luck and "oh what the hell" had alot to do with it also, no doubt about that in my mind at least.

Old
12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Pluckfur

Players quitting on their coach... I understand that it happens, but I don't understand why Melrose would feel comfortable just stating that...uhh..

ohh... right, it's Melrose. Nevermind.

He's an effing moron.

Old
12-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Players quitting on their coach... I understand that it happens, but I don't understand why Melrose would feel comfortable just stating that...uhh..

ohh... right, it's Melrose. Nevermind.

He's an effing moron.
Players quit all the time in modern professional sports? Is he supposed to ignore that?

Closed Thread