HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT 12/12/06: Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Maria

vCash: 500
BS........

The only positives Marty and Vinny keep their streak going

Old
12-12-2006, 09:11 PM
IcePalace

Man, had that feed to Lecavalier resulted in a goal that might have been one of the greatest moments in NHL history I hope they interview a Leafs player about how much the 6th man on the ice is contributing, and when they begin to talk about Raycroft interrupt and go, no....I mean the referee. Of course they are too hush hush about that sort of thing.

This score shows that this team didn't quite. They lost because of very poor refereeing. There are at least 5 penalties that should have been called. One would have cancelled a goal and another would have given us a longer power play at the end of the game. This was utter BS. These refs should be fired. It's obvious that they are biased, or at least still think we're back to the old rules, which still wouldn't have allowed such ridiculous calls.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
It's scary to think of what it's going to take to bring change to this team. As if what they've done in terms of imploding so far during the season wasn't enough, they let a team on a 7 game skid come back in a game where they literally had no life until they scored their second goal come back and beat them.

I guess we're going to have to finish dead last in the east before someone loses their job over this BS they put on the ice every game.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
The refs are bad everywhere, they arent out to get the Bolts. I promise.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
boltsgirl41922

Send a message via AIM to boltsgirl41922 Send a message via MSN to boltsgirl41922
My thoughts on the game:

1) holmqvist sucks
2) Poor Sarich, he was bleeding on the bench and no one could give him the time of day.
3) We should have found a way to keep Raycroft off the ice.
4) The only bright spots were Vinny's three points, and Marty's points tonight.
5) Denis should start every game (except the 20 or so that will be regulated to Sean Burke (once he's called back up from Springfield (wishful thinking, I know))).
6) Sean Burke at least did a better job against Toronto.
7) I miss Kuby
8) What was that between Kuby and Brad near the end? Can anyone read lips and tell me what Kuby said?

Old
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
When your favorite team plays like trash every game, you need to find somewhere else to point the finger, as many Bolt fans seem to be doing right now.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
boltsgirl41922

Send a message via AIM to boltsgirl41922 Send a message via MSN to boltsgirl41922
Quote:
That's arguable. To me, it seems the refs are out to get the Bolts...

Old
12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
It's scary to think of what it's going to take to bring change to this team. As if what they've done in terms of imploding so far during the season wasn't enough, they let a team on a 7 game skid come back in a game where they literally had no life until they scored their second goal come back and beat them.

I guess we're going to have to finish dead last in the east before someone loses their job over this BS they put on the ice every game.
I believe we're having our best season, according to the stats. Yeah, sometimes we quit. Quitting results in a large goal differential. We lost by one. They got two goals on things that either should or shouldn't have been called. I'm sorry, I'm standing by the team. They put in the effort. They were robbed.

We didn't give up a lead.

We're playing well, not the best that we can be, but I think that our showing against Atlanta proves that we're doing well.

Maybe Lecavalier couldn't score a tying goal because someone was hanging on his face with a stick?

Old
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsgirl41922 View Post
That's arguable. To me, it seems the refs are out to get the Bolts...
I agree—at least when we play Toronto and Atlanta.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Maria

They played bad, but the refs had a lot to do with us lossing this game

Old
12-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
I believe we're having our best season, according to the stats. Yeah, sometimes we quit. Quitting results in a large goal differential. We lost by one. They got two goals on things that either should or shouldn't have been called. I'm sorry, I'm standing by the team. They put in the effort. They were robbed.

We didn't give up a lead.

We're playing well, not the best that we can be, but I think that our showing against Atlanta proves that we're doing well.

Maybe Lecavalier couldn't score a tying goal because someone was hanging on his face with a stick?
Stats don't give us a playoff spot. If our best stats only translates into the 13th (seriously, 13th) spot in the East, give me our worst, ugliest stats every day of the week.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
as many Bolt fans seem to be doing right now.
I only see a handful of doing it. I was furious with the no-call on Boyle, but I'm more mad with the way they stopped trying with a two goal lead and Holmqvist's play tonight (no Burke and his sub .900 sv% and 4+ GAA in Springfield would not be much of an improvement).

Old
12-12-2006, 09:27 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Stats don't give us a playoff spot. If our best stats only translates into the 13th (seriously, 13th) spot in the East, give me our worst, ugliest stats every day of the week.
Considering that our lesser stats in 2004 got us a playoff spot and a cup, and we beat the Leafs in the playoffs, I'm glad that we're improving—even if it doesn't seem like we are.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:30 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I only see a handful of doing it. I was furious with the no-call on Boyle, but I'm more mad with the way they stopped trying with a two goal lead and Holmqvist's play tonight (no Burke and his sub .900 sv% and 4+ GAA in Springfield would not be much of an improvement).
I don't agree that they gave up, but I do, sorry to say, wish Denis had been in net. He's been great lately. Holmqvist is good when he's on his game, but his streak might have been fluke. He definitely needs work on his short side.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Quote:
Considering that our lesser stats in 2004 got us a playoff spot and a cup, and we beat the Leafs in the playoffs, I'm glad that we're improving—even if it doesn't seem like we are.
My point is that just because we're improving in stats, it doesn't mean much. Are you willing to accept an increase in overall stats at the end of the season at the cost of missing the playoffs?

And not that it matters much, we actually beat Montreal in the playoffs. Philly beat the Leafs, we in turn beat Philly and then Calgary.

Old
12-12-2006, 09:42 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
My point is that just because we're improving in stats, it doesn't mean much. Are you willing to accept an increase in overall stats at the end of the season at the cost of missing the playoffs?

And not that it matters much, we actually beat Montreal in the playoffs. Philly beat the Leafs, we in turn beat Philly and then Calgary.
Oops, true I was thinking that because it was the Canadian team Vinny played well against, and they had mentioned earlier in the game that Vinny played better than someone else against the Leafs. The messed with my brain. Yes, we beat the Canadiens. And Vinny played well against them.

Anyway, my point is that an increase in games won, is generally a better seed in the playoffs. We didn't play that well last year, and our boys got less points, but we still made it to the playoffs. And now we can at least beat the Sens

Old
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Aye, maybe I watch too much hockey, but they arent out to get the Lightning...no matter what city these guys are in, they make the same stupid calls lol

Holmqvist should take the flubber out of his pads.

Ramo/Coleman in '07/08

(just joking for those who read everything literal)

Old
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 1418
Awards:
Another not so great night...

12-12-2006, 10:25 PM
gobolt7

Gee, I am sorry know that I forgot to tape this one. Sounds like another solid effort. Granted I did not watch the game, but we are not going to win much by giving up 5 goals a game, ever.

Old
12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Aye, maybe I watch too much hockey, but they arent out to get the Lightning...no matter what city these guys are in, they make the same stupid calls lol
The consistancy in this league is awful. You have one set of refs who will call everything then the next game a set of refs who will let you get away with murder. Heck, these refs weren't consistant. The Boyle no call was more worthy of a penalty than the Leaf who stepped on Craig's stick. Two high sticks went uncalled, but Kilger gets a penalty for his stick grazing against Perrin. I find them to be annoying, but the ref complaining threads on the main board pop up every night because a non call in one game is a penalty in another so people are unsure of what's a penalty and what isn't. It's something the league needs to take a look at. The big "crackdown" was supposed to fine refs who weren't making correct calls, but I have yet to see anything about any refs being fined. It's something the league needs to improve.

Old
12-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Hawkeye

Quote:
Here's hoping for a well-called game this time. No ridiculous calls please.
So much for that.

Although they kind of gave up after the tying goal, the following didn't help:

1. 3rd goal should have been a tripping penalty on Kubina (PP for Bolts) instead of the tying goal.

2. 4th goal was on the Loafs PP on a fantom call on Craig (who never even touched the guy and he falls down).

3. and quite a few other calls that should have gone the Lightning's way on high-sticks against Vinny and Marty.

4. and last but not least was Kuby's elbow to either Brad or Craiger late in the game.

Old
12-13-2006, 06:46 AM
missK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
So much for that.

Although they kind of gave up after the tying goal, the following didn't help:

1. 3rd goal should have been a tripping penalty on Kubina (PP for Bolts) instead of the tying goal.

2. 4th goal was on the Loafs PP on a fantom call on Craig (who never even touched the guy and he falls down).

3. and quite a few other calls that should have gone the Lightning's way on high-sticks against Vinny and Marty.

4. and last but not least was Kuby's elbow to either Brad or Craiger late in the game.
Don't forget the late hit on Pratt after icing was called.

Old
12-13-2006, 07:00 AM
txpd

This is just a thought from an outsider who lived in Sarasota til recently and was rooting up the Bolts last night. I've watched a lot of Lightning hockey and after years of Peckham and the Chief I can't recall them ever pointing out a bad call or more to the point for this conversation a non-call when it falls the Lightning way.

Had it been Boyle chopping down Kaberle, if you were not looking to see it yourself, it never happened.

The other team gets hosed as often as the Bolts do by the officials. Thats life. But to listen to them and then read this forum after, its like the league is after TB and always give them the pipe.

So, the non-call on Boyle on the power play explains away how Toronto ended up on a short handed 2 on 0? Where were the other 4 guys? Yea, TO should have gotten a penalty, but had Boyle just blown a tire there the result is a 2 on 0????
Let's hope not.

All things even up in time.

Old
12-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 1418
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
All things even up in time.

When this great event happens let me know..

Old
12-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Vinnietheman

He gamble and lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
He did kinda blow his assignment there didn't he.

Ranger went for the block...... somehow it went through, 90% of the time it does'nt they would have had a huge advantage if he had blocked it. But that's the Tampa Bay style!

Closed Thread