HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ugh.

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Hairball

vCash: 500
Ugh.

So I just went to a movie. I saw Timeline. I don't go to many movies so this is out of the norm. It was pretty cool. I really enjoyed it, but I love that sort of stuff. I'm not one for analyzing movies and such, and this is not the point of this thread so that's the end of this part. There was a trailer for a movie coming out called Miracle. It's about the Americans "miracle on ice" Kurt Russell is playing Herb Brooks. It looks horribly American but what can you expect. Anyway here is the point of my thread. At the end of it, they called it the biggest event in sports history.

I am going to go and shoot myself now. I can't live anymore in a world where the country that produces that, has as much power as they do. (I'm not really gonna off myself. I just cringe everytime I think about our neighbours to the south.)

Last thing. Do we want to take bets on how many people up here go to see this thing? I don't think they seriously thought this through when they decided to market this movie in Canada. My vote is for 8.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Walsher

The funny part about the "Miracle on Ice" is that Canadians more so than Americans even know what that is. Hockey is about the 5th majopr sport in the USA not sure what market they are trying to appeal to but I can almost guarantee the movie is a flop.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Mr Sakich

the funny thing about the "miracle" is that it was a semifinal game.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
the funny thing about the "miracle" is that it was a semifinal game.
Do you know what the biggest differance between the US and Canada winning Gold at the Olypics??????

Its not considered a "Miracle" when we do it !!!!!!!!!

Old
11-29-2003, 08:08 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
Do you know what the biggest differance between the US and Canada winning Gold at the Olypics??????

Its not considered a "Miracle" when we do it !!!!!!!!!
As funny as that is - we can't gloat too much. When was the last time Canada won gold prior to Salt Lake? Like 50 years ago. To me the 2002 Gold was as much a miracle as any other teams. In fact that gold is almost as much a miracle as the Leafs ever win Lord Stanley again.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:50 PM
mrhockey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
As funny as that is - we can't gloat too much. When was the last time Canada won gold prior to Salt Lake? Like 50 years ago. To me the 2002 Gold was as much a miracle as any other teams. In fact that gold is almost as much a miracle as the Leafs ever win Lord Stanley again.

Hmmm now wait a minute we may be on to something here.
Perhaps the American movie would flop, but whadya think would happen if we took the game footage from all the playoff games of the '02 Salt Lake Olympics (team canada) including that rant by Gretz that probably won us the tournament (lol) and including the gold medal game, resized it, cleaned it up and ditched the adds, and put THAT in theatres, how much do ya think THAT would make!!!

Old
11-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey123
Hmmm now wait a minute we may be on to something here.
Perhaps the American movie would flop, but whadya think would happen if we took the game footage from all the playoff games of the '02 Salt Lake Olympics (team canada) including that rant by Gretz that probably won us the tournament (lol) and including the gold medal game, resized it, cleaned it up and ditched the adds, and put THAT in theatres, how much do ya think THAT would make!!!
Probably not too much - I already havethat DVD it was released shortly after the games.

Old
11-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Hairball

See we don't like them but we love the game. And they don't care about us but they don't really care about the game either. So any inspirational hockey movie is going to do poorly in either country.

Closed Thread