HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andre Savard

Old
12-12-2006, 10:11 AM
walsy37

vCash: 500
Andre Savard

With Bob out, potentially for a long time, I would love to somehow get Andre Savard back. Look back at his drafts. The re-birth of the Habs starts with his hiring. He turned Ottawa into a powerhouse and helped bring us back from finishing with out of the playoff to having a young, deep team with plenty of youngsters to be happy about.

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:16 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
With Bob out, potentially for a long time, I would love to somehow get Andre Savard back. Look back at his drafts. The re-birth of the Habs starts with his hiring. He turned Ottawa into a powerhouse and helped bring us back from finishing with out of the playoff to having a young, deep team with plenty of youngsters to be happy about.
Drafts = Timmins. No need for Savard.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Subban Fan

Pierre Gauthier is a proven gm and Bob will be back soon...Bad idea!!!

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:17 AM
eddy

I always loved Savard and was very disapointed when he left shortly after Gainey's arrival. Even though Gainey took over the helm in terms of GM duties would still have been great to have Savard around for what you mentioned his great work at the draft table.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

And Gainey will be back soon. All of his kids are on their own so he will be back in a week or so...it's not like he will not be there for months...He's a strong man, give him a few days with his family.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Could happen only if Bob resigns.....Until then, Bob is our GM and can take all the time in the world he needs. I agree that Gauthier will hold the fort. But don't expect any big moves though.....

Liked Savard too, liked what he did with our team minus 1 or 2 moves......

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
habs86

vCash: 600
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
BG is a professional, he will return to work when he is good and ready and I am sure the organization is well aware of that. In time things will be better, but that time is a long ways to come right now.

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Gainey will be back after Christmas I would guess.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:15 AM
znk

Quote:
long time? A couple of weeks? 1 month? We have all the staff we need in place and Savard is quite happy where he is.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:19 AM
JackieChan

Does anybody have background info on Timmins? I know that he's an undercover bodybuilder....but on a hockey point of view??

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
BG must come back he has work to be done and is unfinished. This organization needs his leadership and i would feel empty and very very sad if he were to resign. He will need at least a month in my opinion to heal the wounds that have been bestowed upon his family. Be strong Bob.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Habs

Quote:
Please no, I don't want Savard anywhere near the gm position ever again. By "Powerhouse" do you mean a great regular season team?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Evil Ted

Gainey will be back in time, he is a robot.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:37 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Please no, I don't want Savard anywhere near the gm position ever again. By "Powerhouse" do you mean a great regular season team?
Well...
Savard is the reason we drafted Higgins.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:48 AM
PeteLaframboise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post
Drafts = Timmins. No need for Savard.
Not sold on Timmins, remember that we passed on A.Kopitar when he was exactly what we need (big bodied center) because he said he had no vision and was slow. If we had picked Anze we wouldn't be looking for a center right now. The way Halack is playing with the Dogs, it's not like we need Price.

PeteLaframboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Gainey will be back after Christmas I would guess.
I bet you he'll be back as soon as next week. He will need time to totaly get over it, if he ever will, but that don't mean he will not be back before Christmas. His job is to be on the team, and he wants to be with the team as soon as possible. He can take the time that he needs, but he will be back soon enough.

Old
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineyIsGod View Post
Not sold on Timmins, remember that we passed on A.Kopitar when he was exactly what we need (big bodied center) because he said he had no vision and was slow. If we had picked Anze we wouldn't be looking for a center right now. The way Halack is playing with the Dogs, it's not like we need Price.
Don't really agree with you. Kopitar would have been nice, but 9 other team passed over him. At the time of the draft, there was obviously some question marks. I don't blame them for not picking him, even if he would looks nice with us.

But we had Price, a goaltender with gamebraking potential. Maybe we don't need him right now, but in 2-4 years, we might thanks Timmins for drafting him. Just look at what we have right now:

Huet is great, but he's already 31. And who knows if he will stay with us for many other years...
Aebi don't have any future with us, and he's only a decent starter easy to get around the league
Danis is alright, but he's not #1 material
Halak is far from a sure bet...he's interesting to have on the depht chart tho...
Desjardins, well he's nothing more than a career AHLer at best
Lindberg might never come over
Lacasse don't have a future in hockey as we speak

Which leave Price, a young skilled goaltender who can become a top 10 goalie in the league in around 5 year. If he become the goaltender we are expecting, nobody will complain and we will have our #1 for years to come.

I really trust Timmins...our last few draft were all great and we are only starting to see what he did with the draft.

Old
12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineyIsGod View Post
Not sold on Timmins
Timmins was Ottawa's Director Of Player Personnel under Savard and Gauthier.

If Gauthier and Savard are liked and hired Timmons, that's good enough for me.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 02:59 PM
gars59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Don't really agree with you. Kopitar would have been nice, but 9 other team passed over him. At the time of the draft, there was obviously some question marks. I don't blame them for not picking him, even if he would looks nice with us.

But we had Price, a goaltender with gamebraking potential. Maybe we don't need him right now, but in 2-4 years, we might thanks Timmins for drafting him. Just look at what we have right now:

Huet is great, but he's already 31. And who knows if he will stay with us for many other years...
Aebi don't have any future with us, and he's only a decent starter easy to get around the league
Halak is far from a sure bet...he's interesting to have on the depht chart tho...

Which leave Price, a young skilled goaltender who can become a top 10 goalie in the league in around 5 year. If he become the goaltender we are expecting, nobody will complain and we will have our #1 for years to come.

I really trust Timmins...our last few draft were all great and we are only starting to see what he did with the draft.

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Well...
Savard is the reason we drafted Higgins.
I think even Regean Houle would have drafted Higgins in 2002. It was a no-brainer.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
PeteLaframboise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post

I agree with almost every point you make, but i'm worried Price is overated because what as he really shown so far, he couldn't beat other lower drafted Goalie for a spot at WJC last 2 year, once again this year it seems like he won't be the guy, not doing anything special in the junior so far, while Kopitar as been stellar everywhere he's played at the WJC and WC (or was it the olympics). I really hope Price shut my @ss up and win the starting job at WJC.

PeteLaframboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Habitants

Quote:
I think even Regean Houle would have drafted Higgins in 2002. It was a no-brainer.
probably not, he might have "missed"
he picks his players by throwing darts at a list of names...

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
It was anything but a no-brainer. Considered a surprise pick by many.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

The draft is a real gamble, if we took Kopitar, he might not have panned out, it happens. Plus, Bob doesn't like rushing players into the big leagues(Latendresse, I guess, was an exception, but most of our rookies are 22-24).

You really can't tell...

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 07:11 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
we have a G.M. and his name is bob gainey , so this thread is pointless .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote