HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coincidence? Kings poor on three (and more) days' rest

Old
12-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Human Blender

vCash: 500
Coincidence? Kings poor on three (and more) days' rest

I wonder if this is a pure coincidence or if the Kings are really doing poorly on three and more days' rest for a reason.

Since the start of this season, there have been a handful of games that the Kings played coming off more than two days of rest in a row. A quick look at the schedule give the following results:

10-Oct (3 days off) vs NYI - result: 4-2 W
22-Oct (3 days off) vs ANA - result: 2-3 OL
4-Nov (3 days off) @ PHO - result: 4-6 L
7-Nov (3 days off)) @COL - result: 6-5 W
16-Nov (3 days off)) vs PHI - result 3-4 L
22-Nov (4 days off) @ SJS - result 3-6 L
30-Nov (3 days off) @ PHO - result 4-7 L
7-Dec (4 days off) vs NSH - result 1-4 L

See a pattern here?

The Kings lost six out of eight such games, giving up a flurry of goals (including a six-pack and a seven-pack at lowly Phoenix). It does not matter too much who they play against, from the cellar-dwellers Coyotes and Flyers to the creamtop of Anaheim and San Jose). It does not matter whether they play at home or away - they apparently tend to lose focus on off-days and come out inexistent as in the recent game against the Predators.

While no team can alter their schedules, the Kings should at least take a lesson out of their off-day mishaps that have happened so far. Perhaps a change in mental preparations to games on game days should be made? Putting more stress on having game-time attitude during on-ice practise sessions on off days? [...]

More here: http://hartmansays.blogspot.com/2006...est.html#links

Is this a tendency that can be diagnosed and/or corrected? Should we fear tonights game against the Sharks for yet another reason - schedule?

Your thoughts?

Human Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
treize_kushrenada

i dont think you should fear the game tonight with the sharks because of scheduling. we should fear it because the sharks are a better team than us.

treize_kushrenada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 02:54 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieszpory View Post
I wonder if this is a pure coincidence or if the Kings are really doing poorly on three and more days' rest for a reason.

Since the start of this season, there have been a handful of games that the Kings played coming off more than two days of rest in a row. A quick look at the schedule give the following results:

10-Oct (3 days off) vs NYI - result: 4-2 W
22-Oct (3 days off) vs ANA - result: 2-3 OL
4-Nov (3 days off) @ PHO - result: 4-6 L
7-Nov (3 days off)) @COL - result: 6-5 W
16-Nov (3 days off)) vs PHI - result 3-4 L
22-Nov (4 days off) @ SJS - result 3-6 L
30-Nov (3 days off) @ PHO - result 4-7 L
7-Dec (4 days off) vs NSH - result 1-4 L

See a pattern here?

The Kings lost six out of eight such games, giving up a flurry of goals (including a six-pack and a seven-pack at lowly Phoenix). It does not matter too much who they play against, from the cellar-dwellers Coyotes and Flyers to the creamtop of Anaheim and San Jose). It does not matter whether they play at home or away - they apparently tend to lose focus on off-days and come out inexistent as in the recent game against the Predators.

While no team can alter their schedules, the Kings should at least take a lesson out of their off-day mishaps that have happened so far. Perhaps a change in mental preparations to games on game days should be made? Putting more stress on having game-time attitude during on-ice practise sessions on off days? [...]

More here: http://hartmansays.blogspot.com/2006...est.html#links

Is this a tendency that can be diagnosed and/or corrected? Should we fear tonights game against the Sharks for yet another reason - schedule?

Your thoughts?

Interesting. I've noticed this aswell.

In the Kings' game against Nashville I was shocked at how much more energetic the Preds looked. That was the Preds' 3rd game in 4 nights. The Kings on the other hand, were coming off their biggest win of the season, and were well rested with 4 days off.

I'm curious, what was the Canucks record in similar situations last year?

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Human Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'm curious, what was the Canucks record in similar situations last year?
On a quick count, roughly 8-4 through the end of December (according to http://vancouvercanuckshockey.blogsp...-schedule.html

So it does not seem as if it was purely because of some Crawford's predicament . Any other possible causes?

Human Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
dbbourn

Quote:
So it does not seem as if it was purely because of some Crawford's predicament . Any other possible causes?
Mediocrity

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Interesting. I've noticed this aswell.

In the Kings' game against Nashville I was shocked at how much more energetic the Preds looked. That was the Preds' 3rd game in 4 nights.
well its still pretty early in the season...so perhaps the fatigue hasnt truly kicked in yet...

but i agree about the NAS game...i was predicting a pretty close game....Vokoun's out, NAS gives up a ton a shots regularly, and the Kings have some scoring ability....as long as we put a body on them and take advantage of our size, we should have a chance to win....but boy was i wrong....it was a straight beat-down for the Kings in every aspect of the game....we were getting out-skated and bullied around by a team avg. about 5'10, 180lbs...well its not the first time NAS has skated circles around us....so lets turn our attention to biggest team in the league tonight and see how we match up....

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote