HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leopold Updates (merged)

Old
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Too late for me. Think 100,000 Years, Black Diamond, Firehouse, God of Thunder, etc. I don't like much of anything Kiss put out after 1978 or so.

Wasn't that a stomach muscle tear?

-AB
I actually only really like "Strutter," and not the disco version "Strutter '78"

And maybe it was Brad Larsen's groin I was thinking of, and mixed it up with Claude Lemieux's stomach. Sometimes the things I type are disgusting.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 03:02 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Line View Post
Any one else starting to think Calgary won this trade??
Ask that question once again after the playoffs have started. Tanguay will go into hibernation for the spring and Leo may actually be playing for us (if we can continue our hunt for a spot.) No matter what happens I think it was a good move for us. If Tanguay was still here we wouldn't have at least one of the following: Wolski, Stastny or Tyler. Take your poison...who do you want to sit?

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 06:48 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Ask that question once again after the playoffs have started. Tanguay will go into hibernation for the spring and Leo may actually be playing for us (if we can continue our hunt for a spot.) No matter what happens I think it was a good move for us. If Tanguay was still here we wouldn't have at least one of the following: Wolski, Stastny or Tyler. Take your poison...who do you want to sit?
If Tanguay where here someone else would have had to have been moved. If we couldn't afford to keep Blake, there's no way we could have kept Tanguay either. That means no Leopold, no Burki, no Klee, no Arnason, Rycroft probably wouldn't have fit either. Tanguay would have way too much to keep.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 07:37 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
If Tanguay where here someone else would have had to have been moved. If we couldn't afford to keep Blake, there's no way we could have kept Tanguay either. That means no Leopold, no Burki, no Klee, no Arnason, Rycroft probably wouldn't have fit either. Tanguay would have way too much to keep.
It was a good move. Tangs needed a change of scenery. I wish him the best, but I didn't necessarily like seeing him and his god-gifted talents disappear at time. I hope this trade ultimately is the best for him. We also have a good group of kids coming up who have helped lessen his loss tremendously. It'll be interesting to see how Svatos, Wolski, Tyler and Stastny perform this season when we make the playoffs (yes, I'm going a bit out on a limb here and believing we will be in the playoffs.) I also think Leo will be a big boom for us on D once he gets finally healthy. I thought he was doing a damn good job...seems like we've got a bit of bad luck right now...but don't worry, it could always be worse. Look what the Kings went through the last several years. (Is there a knock on wood emoticon?)

Old
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Line View Post
Any one else starting to think Calgary won this trade??
I'm not interested in who "won" the trade. I'm interested in what makes our team better. Assuming this groin pull really is entirely independent of the previous hernia injury, there's no way they could have anticipated it happening. It's horrible luck for us. But it doesn't make the trade any less wise. It was a good move--we need Leopold more than we need Tanguay (whom we couldn't have afforded anyway).

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 07:26 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Bump...

Any new news?