HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

A little help?

Old
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Taz

vCash: 500
A little help?

I have just turned 21 and would like to start to play ice hockey, problem i live in the UK and there isnt an abundance of leagues and rinks especially for someone like me who has 0 experience. There are 2 different rinks about 40 mins drive away it is just impossible to find out any information about teams apart from like professional ones. I believe there is a couple of sessions for basics which i would be interested in but its mixed and i would want the physical side of the game and to play games somewhat often (2-4 times a month)

http://www.planet-ice.co.uk/skatingclubs.php?abrev=pet

Any tips or help on what to buy (sticks skates?) or where i can find out about leagues ETC?

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:41 AM
MikeD

vCash: 500
drop an email to ratgoalie@hotmail.com

He has been playing in the UK for several years. He just went back from Pen State where he played for the Roller team and should be able to help you with info for your area. Just be sure to put "MD SENT ME" in the subject line.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote