HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha scratched...

Old
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 500
Prucha scratched...

I am getting VERY frustrated with Renney's treatment of some of the players at this point.

Pock on conditioning stint
Ortmayer on conditioning stint
Why don't we just send all the young players, Prucha, Immonen, etc on conditioning?????

Prucha has done NOTHING to deserve being scratched. He cannot produce when playing 10 minutes per game! He needs more ice time and with better linemates. Cullen needs to move to the 3rd line to make room for Prucha.

Renney: STOP favoring the vets all the time!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I am getting VERY frustrated with Renney's treatment of some of the players at this point.

Why don't we just send all the young players, Prucha, Immonen, etc on conditioning?????

Prucha has done NOTHING to deserve being scratched. He cannot produce when playing 10 minutes per game! He needs more ice time and with better linemates. Cullen needs to move to the 3rd line to make room for Prucha.

its a disgrace to say the least.
and i stand by what i said earlier , fire renney and get a coach who IS a head coach and not an assistant who pretends to be one and then getting outcoached EVERY SINGLE GAME.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:

J Ort is understandable. He has a heart condition so I understand it.
Pock should be there instead of Ozo
With Prucha, I understand where Renney is coming from to a certain extent. He'd produce much better with better linemates but at the same time, last year he was given 3rd line minutes and scored like a mad man. Somethings different about him this year and I think Renney is trying to light a fire under him. But yes, the 2nd line should be Shanahan- Immonen-Prucha
but unfortunately, after tonights game, I don't think the 2nd line will be broken up for a while.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Prucha doesn't look like half the player he was last year, no matter who he's played with so far this season. We need to see more out of him, maybe this will focus him.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
kasparaitis666

I wanna see more of that nasty prucha dangle that came to set up one of shannys goals in our first game against the caps.

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:09 PM
rickyrod

I don't mind Prucha sitting tonight. He's been playing well, but not in the same way he played last year, even though he's obviously trying hard to get in on goal. It's just not clicking. Sometimes watching from the press box can help a player out for whatever reason. Also, Philly is the site of the nasty knee injury that he picked up last year, and I'd rather not see anything like that happen to him again (not that it would, I'm just sayin there could have been a psychological thing).

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:16 PM
NYR469

are you seriously blaming renney for sending ortmeyer on a conditioning stint?? that alone is enough proof that you are bashing renney just for the sake of bashing him and your rant shouldn't be taken seriously...yes tom renney gave jed a bloodclot so he could play marcel hossa more often, it was all part of his plan.

and i'm sorry but prucha has SUCKED this year. no one says anything because he is a kid and we like him, but he has been terrible. and it isn't that he isn't getting chances, he gets chances that last year would have been automatic goals but this year he couldn't finish if his life depends on it. he has made stupid plays and bad turnovers...no one wants to admit it but he's been one of our worst forwards and hossa has been better.

and i honestly thing that the benching was overdue...i think that a HUGE part of prucha's struggles this year is in his head. so making him take a step back and watch the game probably isn't the worst thing in the world, especially when you know that he's gonna be right back in the lineup on thursday so it isn't like he's gonna be benched long term. sometimes a move like this can help a guy get his head straight which is what prucha needs right now most of all...and it also serves as a wakeup call to him that ortmeyer is coming back soon and someone has to go, so don't think your spot is safe just because of last season.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
You know, I was wondering where he was tonight. It honestly didn't register in my head until about 30 minutes after the game was over. I don't know what to make of it.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
NYR469

oh and as you bring up ortmeyer in regards to being a 'kid' getting screwed so veterans can play...you do realize that ortmeyer is OLDER than the veterans you are referring to right?? jed is older than betts, ward, hall and hossa...so who exactly is the old vet playing instead of him??

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:26 PM
trench23

poor Prucha-- i think he really has not been given the time he deserves, and he is def not playing with the right people-- get him with a nylander or straka who can set him up.
------------------------------------------------------------------
www.bleeckerandsullivan.com

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:28 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:

First of all Ortmeyer hasn't played a game all season, he's not that young, and he's in Hartford on rehab.
Second of all Prucha was dropped from the 2nd line but replace by Immonen who's just as young, maybe younger?

These aren't examples of Renney not giving young players a shot.

As for Pock, everyone wants him to play because he's pretty young but is he really better than any of our top 6 defenseman right now? We are in first place you know

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:49 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting View Post
First of all Ortmeyer hasn't played a game all season, he's not that young, and he's in Hartford on rehab.
Second of all Prucha was dropped from the 2nd line but replace by Immonen who's just as young, maybe younger?

These aren't examples of Renney not giving young players a shot.

As for Pock, everyone wants him to play because he's pretty young but is he really better than any of our top 6 defenseman right now? We are in first place you know
i can't believe someone is defending renney

ortmeyer was a weak point, the rest are weak points by you

prucha was dropped from the second line to fourth line very questionably then gets scratched, when a player like hossa was garbage for the first 10 games when the rangers actually sucked yet he never got scratched.. cullen hasn't produced where is his drop?

prucha hasn't been scoring but he gives an effort shift, he doesn't make mistakes and even when he's not scoring he is at least creating some opportunities without much help.. all of this can't be said about most other players that get minutes

and what you said about pock is bullfknsht, how about that ozo, rachnuek and malik absolutely suck

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Pizza

This was coming so I'm not surprised. Sitting for a game or two might help Prucha.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:22 AM
eco's bones

I agree that sitting Prucha a couple games might help him but I don't necessarily think it helps the team when the guy going into the lineup more or less keeps the team from rolling lines which is what Orr does--some question how Orr fulfills his role as enforcer. That 4th line Hollweg-Hall-Prucha has played fairly well the last few games and tonight dressing Orr not only sits Petr but more or less benches Hollweg who's hitting we really need.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:10 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Renney works in mysterious ways. Part of me believes that when Kaspar showed up not ready to play early this season Renney's plan was to make him do Hartford time and hit rock bottom so to speak in order to shake him up and make him want to be part of the team again. Maybe Renney does that to players. Maybe he's trying to shake Prucha up while he figures out what the hell to do with a more expensive under-performer(Cullen). Maybe he's about to finally give up on Ozo and put Pock in. Maybe Renney's been waiting until he's absolutely sure that Ozo is a problem he can't fix.

I wouldn't even dream of firing Renney. That would destablize the entire franchise. Renney would have to run this team into the ground for me to want a coaching change midseason. Still, he sure is secretive and it's not fun for the fans to play "Guess Why Renney's Not Using Pock." If he would just explain his actions more often I think the fans would be much happier even if they don't really agree with his decisions.

I'd just really like to know if Renney has a day circled on his calendar to mark how much longer Ozo has to try and turn his game around. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the D lines as soon as Ward's flu has passed.

Also I don't see anything wrong with Orts in Hartford for a few games. The guy hasn't played in forever. Let him warm up before he's face to face with the Stars.

But let me say this: If by the end of the season Ozo is still getting icetime and hasn't shown improvement... If by the end of the season Prucha hasn't been given a significant amount more time on the ice to try and make a comeback... If by the end of the season we let Pock go without even giving him a chance but instead teasing him with healthy scratch time... My opinions of Renney WILL change for the worse by A LOT. But for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:54 AM
WheresBarnaby

Prucha would've been real good tonight with all that room to skate they gave us. He should'nt have been scratched. He's been working just as hard as Cullen, and Cullen just scored last night. Yet Cullen hasn't missed a game. Not that I think he should have, just using him as a comparison. Prucha's getting shafted. Whatever Renney has up his sleeve it better work. As I said before, if we trade him there's no doubt in my mind it comes back to haunt us.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jed Ortmeyer is no kid.He will be a group III FA this summer

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

You got one thing correct,Prucha has done nothing this season

Renney indicated Prucha will be back in the line-up on Thursday

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:21 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Prucha hasn't been given ice time, and he's been put with the wrong people. Hossa was garbage early on in the season, he was never scratched. Matt Cullen took lazy stick penalties one-by-one, and was never scratched. It's not even an age issue here, it's an accountability issue. I agree that Prucha needs something to kickstart him, but if that's the case, then Cullen, Hossa, Betts, and Nylander should have all been scratched at some point this season.

As for Pock, he's played better than the dreadful threesome of Malik, Bozolinsh, and Rachunek, and there's no way you can argue against it.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Renney works in mysterious ways.
That's the real issue. The Cullen and Prucha situations are exactly the same, yet the way they're being handled couldn't be more different.

I don't have a problem benching an underperforming offensive player. I think the choice of last night's game inparticular was also appropriate. I like the idea of rotating players in and out of the lineup so that no one gets stale and has to be sent on a conditioning stint in order for them to play. In other words, I'd like to see Renney keep this practice and apply it to everyone else in the lineup.

Of course, like eco's said, when the forward option is Orr, you're basically committed to 10 forwards all night, so I'm not sure how well the practice works with this team's current set of forwards.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Prucha hasn't been given ice time, and he's been put with the wrong people. Hossa was garbage early on in the season, he was never scratched. Matt Cullen took lazy stick penalties one-by-one, and was never scratched. It's not even an age issue here, it's an accountability issue. I agree that Prucha needs something to kickstart him, but if that's the case, then Cullen, Hossa, Betts, and Nylander should have all been scratched at some point this season.

As for Pock, he's played better than the dreadful threesome of Malik, Bozolinsh, and Rachunek, and there's no way you can argue against it.
Cullen is 30+ and has a $3 million salary, he'll never be scratched by Renney. By the way, was that "Nylander should have been scratched" a typo? He has been outstanding.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i can't believe someone is defending renney

ortmeyer was a weak point, the rest are weak points by you

prucha was dropped from the second line to fourth line very questionably then gets scratched, when a player like hossa was garbage for the first 10 games when the rangers actually sucked yet he never got scratched.. cullen hasn't produced where is his drop?

prucha hasn't been scoring but he gives an effort shift, he doesn't make mistakes and even when he's not scoring he is at least creating some opportunities without much help.. all of this can't be said about most other players that get minutes

and what you said about pock is bullfknsht, how about that ozo, rachnuek and malik absolutely suck
Agreed. As long as Cullen and Hossa were never benched for poor play, Prucha should have never been last night. Its not that he's not trying so to use that excuse is just finding ways to rationalize things. I think Renney is a damn AHOLE. What kind of message is this? We will not play you in situations favorable to your stats IE. the PP and second line with talented players, so when you do not produce it is all your fault. This team makes me sick sometimes.

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Renney indicated Prucha will be back in the line-up on Thursday
What's the point?!?! They have not even practiced yet, but Renney is acknowledging he is just dicking around to dick around? I mean if you were resolute about your decision to bench Prucha atleast effin say I'm going to have to wait until practice to see how he handled the benching and if he played well enough there to earn a spot in thurs game. at this point, its like well we're benching you today but you'll be back in thurs. it serves no purpose.

GET OUT PRUCHA! GET OUT! on that note, is it possible for a european player to pick up mid nhl season with an nhl contract and go and play hockey in his homeland?

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Blueshirt13

Last year Prucha started off the season struggling. If anyone recalls, he was also getting third line minutes, struggled and then was sent down to Hartford. His stint in Hartford did light a fire in him and when he did get called up he was a much better player. Sitting out in a game like last night against a physical team that injured the kid last year might not have been such a bad idea.

Its obvious that there is something wrong with the kid this year, whether its something in his head or who knows what. Sitting back for a single game won't "ruin" him and might provide perspective for him. Yes, it does create a double standard because Cullen has been just as bad, though one could argue that Cullen is one of our PKers where Prucha doesn't add that dimension to the team.

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:31 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

I'm starting to see a lot of similarities in the games of Prucha and Cullen.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote