HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Move in a Few Weeks

Old
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
mattyd99

vCash: 500
Roster Move in a Few Weeks

Assuming we put Ortmeyer back on the club once he's done with his conditioning stint, does anyone else feel that Ozolinsh is gonna be the odd man out? I've seen some people say Orr, and while I don't like him we need an enforcer, and I think Renney does understand that. And with the Pock situation, for some reason I feel like this club still wants to keep him around after his conditioning stint, so I think he'll still be around. I can't imagine Ozolinsh getting claimed on waivers with his play and that salary and being in the AHL could get him to learn more on how to play a defensive game. I think this is the most logical move, anyone else feel that way?

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:35 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
As much as I think Ozo is a horrible player...Orr should be the odd man out here. I think this for one reason...He has done none of the "enforcing" that he is touted as being great for. If you have a player on your roster just for his rough stuff, and he has displayed zero rough stuff, zero sticking up for players.....than what is he worth?? Nothing. People say Hollweg can't do it all, well whether that should be or not, its happening!!! Hollweg is doing it all!!!! (cept for Shanny in extreme instances). So I guess what I'm saying is that I think Hollweg+Orts >>>>>>Hollweg+Orr.

Personally I would like both of them off this team for good, Orr and Ozo that is.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Tuxman

orr is def. odd man out and he should be, but the question is who sits when orty comes back? hall or prucha?

Tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
in the hall

i don't remember Orr being touted as a great enforcer.. it'll probably be him since Renney has this great loyalty with veteran players that make money

Ozo had no business being on this team going into the season with all the defense we had on the roster

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Fletch

Very tough question...

you can make a case for a lot of guys to sit. One would think that Ozo wouldn't be taken - although there may be someone out there with cap space willing to take a chance on a guy for which part of his salary has been expensed and who intends to use him for what he is - an offenseman. Someone may take Orr, Pock, or anybody else. The easiest move is to send Immonen down, where Sather doesn't have to act; hopefully Immonen makes that a tough decision.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:51 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxman View Post
orr is def. odd man out and he should be, but the question is who sits when orty comes back? hall or prucha?
it will be prucha because he is YOUNG and TALENTED. that is not a good match for the rangers

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Tuxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
you can make a case for a lot of guys to sit. One would think that Ozo wouldn't be taken - although there may be someone out there with cap space willing to take a chance on a guy for which part of his salary has been expensed and who intends to use him for what he is - an offenseman. Someone may take Orr, Pock, or anybody else. The easiest move is to send Immonen down, where Sather doesn't have to act; hopefully Immonen makes that a tough decision.
hopefully so, moving immonen back to the minors and putting back the second line again that hasnt been working all year would be.......dumb

Tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxman View Post
Who sits Hall sits thats who, but then again thats Sathers new buddy so it will be Prucha, although it should be worthless Hossa that sits.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
it will be prucha because he is YOUNG and TALENTED. that is not a good match for the rangers
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
nickrOck

orr is a complete waste of life.. he should of stepped up last night and pounded someone for that cheap hit on jagr.. if there was ever a situation for orr to step up it was last night.. he's proven nothing to keep himself on this roster let alone any nhl roster.. bye bye orr.. and don't let hall wander too far behind you b/c he's another useless body on this roster..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

In a few weeks? How about this roster move has to take place in a couple of days. A decision has to be made whether to place Ortmeyer on the roster in 5 days (according to the CBA he can stay in Hartford on this conditioning assignment for 3 games or 6 days, whichever is longer, he's already on day 2). So, since I'm pretty sure there are no roster spaces open, someone will get waived or Immonen (or Prucha who I'm pretty sure is still waiver exempt) will have to get sent down to Hartford to make room for Ortmeyer. And to make things even tighter, the Christmas roster freeze starts soon, sometime early next week.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
In a few weeks? How about this roster move has to take place in a couple of days. A decision has to be made whether to place Ortmeyer on the roster in 5 days (according to the CBA he can stay in Hartford on this conditioning assignment for 3 games or 6 days, whichever is longer, he's already on day 2). So, since I'm pretty sure there are no roster spaces open, someone will get waived or Immonen (or Prucha who I'm pretty sure is still waiver exempt) will have to get sent down to Hartford to make room for Ortmeyer. And to make things even tighter, the Christmas roster freeze starts soon, sometime early next week.
Forgot about that roster freeze...so if the 3 games or 6 days ends during that freeze (im not looking up the schedules, im lazy.), what happens???

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:57 PM
shoothepuck

Bye Bye Orr

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:02 PM
mattyd99

I'm surprised everyone thinks Orr. I can see why but I guess I just want to see Ozolinsh in the AHL. I personally think it would be the best move for the team.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I think either Pock gets waived or traded maybe even by the 19th..

I think as the lineup is concerned Hall might be the guy to go. Ortmeyer can easily replace him on the pk and Immonen/Hossa/Ward can easily replace his minutes on the second power play unit...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:58 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Bye Bye Orr
Orr does not really make that much of a difference once Ortmeyer comes back. The fact of the matter is that unless Immonen will be sent back down, one of Prucha, Hall, Ward or Hossa will be a healthy scratch. It should be Hossa, but my gut tells me that it will be Prucha. Unless off course, Prucha manages to score a hat trick or two between now and then.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
Forgot about that roster freeze...so if the 3 games or 6 days ends during that freeze (im not looking up the schedules, im lazy.), what happens???
I don't know exactly when the roster freeze takes effect--probably around Dec 19th or 20th, doubt that it's any earlier. So, the decisions surrounding Ortmeyer's return will have to get done before it goes into effect. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why Ortmeyer is now with Hartford: they didn't want to wait until after Christmas to activate him.

Old
12-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I think either Pock gets waived or traded maybe even by the 19th..

I think as the lineup is concerned Hall might be the guy to go. Ortmeyer can easily replace him on the pk and Immonen/Hossa/Ward can easily replace his minutes on the second power play unit...
Pck traded, very possible; waived? Nope. He'd be taken in a New York minute, Sather doesn't like to throw away an asset for nothing.

Old
12-14-2006, 03:09 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
If Prucha gets sent down or waived I am officially boycotting the Rangers for the rest of the season, I swear to god.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:06 AM
polako

I'm surprised that people think Hossa should sit...he's been playing well in his role pretty much all season long.

If Immonen manages to stay up, I'd have to say Hall, for reasons mentioned by others in this thread. But then again, who knows when Orts will return and who will be playing poorly enough to warrant a scratch.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:17 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
I'm surprised that people think Hossa should sit...he's been playing well in his role pretty much all season long.
Agreed. 1st and 3rd line are complete. Hossa is untouchable at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
If Immonen manages to stay up, I'd have to say Hall, for reasons mentioned by others in this thread. But then again, who knows when Orts will return and who will be playing poorly enough to warrant a scratch.
Immonen is still being far from sticking in. It might be him, Hall or Ort himself. Keep in mind there's no guarantee we will ever see Ortmeyer of last year.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I'm not convinced any forwards should be worried. Clearly, the team doesn't need 8 defensemen. Hard to imagine anyone but Ozo is the odd man out here.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:27 AM
bathgate

I doubt you will see Jed before the New Year. After the three game assignment, he can agree to a two week conditioning assignment, just like Pock. IMO, both Ozo and Orr should be waived.

bathgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
I doubt you will see Jed before the New Year. After the three game assignment, he can agree to a two week conditioning assignment, just like Pock. IMO, both Ozo and Orr should be waived.
True and it's very likely that Ortmeyer will spend some more time with Hartford, but once this injury conditioning assignment is finished on Monday, the team has to place him on the NHL roster or expose him to waivers. That's the issue.

Old
12-14-2006, 05:46 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Hossa is untouchable at this point.
???????? I do not know if I should laugh or cry.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote