HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

the highs and lows of an oilers fan

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 10:25 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
the highs and lows of an oilers fan

right now guys i am embarrassed by this teams performance thus far this year. five on five we can compete with anyone in the league yet once it comes down to special teams this team chokes. it pisses me off each and every game, whether it be on tsn,sportsnet,or cbc, that commentators harp on the oilers special teams. both are horrendous and right now the blame is squarely on the coaching staff. to be at the bottom of the league in both statistics is astounding. who is to blame, for me it is easy to blame mact because i don't see a system for dealing with both the powerplay and the penalty kill. i see a bunch of players who don't know what to do or where to position themselves. a prime example of this was oates having to tell players where to be on the faceoff. oates will help, but i expected a former defensive player like mact to preach a positional game to these guys. right now guys are missing defensive assignments and having too many brain farts when the game is on the line.
would i like to see mact fired, no but something is wrong with this team. i dont expect the team to make the playoffs, however a little bit of effort each and every night would be nice.
needless to say i cringe each and every game when a penalty is called either for or against the oilers.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:03 AM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i wonder how much influence Craig Simpson has had on the defensive positional play on the players compared to last year as they've now totally moved away from that complete defense system they had two years ago.

Closed Thread