HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Doug MacLean Show 12/13/06 3:00 p.m. EST

Old
12-13-2006, 03:24 PM
cbj21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Yeah, interesting, but his answer was only about MODIN, I thought.
Have to go to the tape! Would love to be wrong. Sign Freddy Yes!

And yes Artoo... Footer's wife did ask that I be traded. But that was only after I broke the story about the Anietra Hamper trist with our Captain. ( smilie disclaimer added per my contract with HF).

btw R2... did you notice the bat was naked?
The tape is usually to be found on bluejacket.com? This is important to find out , i think it was a good show so i for one is gonna listen to it once more

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:24 PM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Right before he said that he said he was not pleased with Carter's play in the Calgary game.....so he talked to the coaches.....I guess that means Hitchcock.
"listen, anson..if you don't start playing better, doug will ship you off to montreal."

"montreal?!?! but i don't want to be a hab!!"

hence the complete 180*

falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
"listen, anson..if you don't start playing better, doug will ship you off to montreal."

"montreal?!?! but i don't want to be a hab!!"

hence the complete 180*
Could be.....(I know your just joking) but the facts are he is now playing well with Chimmer and Fritsche....

Heck, the whole damn team is playing well....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:29 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
The tape is usually to be found on bluejacket.com? This is important to find out , i think it was a good show so i for one is gonna listen to it once more

It can be found 1460thefan.com 'on-demand' section. I just checked -- it hasn't been updated yet but it should be later tonight.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
calderone01

Quote:
Hey, it was a good e-mail, I just wish we had of won one or two of those games.....no offense....
I agree with you, and we may come to regret those missed points as well. Was just making the point that it was my email.....make that 2 that were read. I'm a fan of most of your emails Robert, particularly the ones DMGM doesn't like.

calderone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
It can be found 1460thefan.com 'on-demand' section. I just checked -- it hasn't been updated yet but it should be later tonight.
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm always somewhere when the show airs, excellent thing that it will be archived.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentonFreeman View Post
Ya, just ask Pubs and Espo, they seem to know quite a lot about Doug MacLean and hockey in general...
This coming from a guy who has a football avatar...hummmm

Congrats though....you are the last person on earth to be Doug's official opologist.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderone01 View Post
I agree with you, and we may come to regret those missed points as well. Was just making the point that it was my email.....make that 2 that were read. I'm a fan of most of your emails Robert, particularly the ones DMGM doesn't like.
And there are few these days that he should dislike....our team is playing hockey like I've never seen before...even when we did play good hockey. I swear we are playing the game good enough to be a strong opponent in the first round....problem is we must make the first round.....as Doug said today, every game from now on is extremely important.

But the thing that really has me tickeled pink is that if we fall short this year we will make it next year for sure....I personnally have never had this much confidence in our team since day one...it's because of Hitchcock. I think the players feel the same way I do....they are playing damn intense hockey, it's wonderful.

Old
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
DougKnowsBest

DM didnt pout after being thanked for bringing hitch in. He let hooley finish the question, then answered the question asked about Brassard. Who DM said he was getting a lot of junior teams calling him on.

Sounds like Brassard is defiantly on the move, healthy in mid January maybe

berard coming along

doug told coaches "picard stays as long as he is playing."

DM mentioned rimmers changing hair color

was Barry melrose ever considered for coach? hell no

I think DM was in a great mood. He clearly doesnt apriciate the new found heat on him by the idiot fans.

popperle seams to have made himself a real prospect

friday night pre-draft party at the rbar sign me up. Holy smokes what a party that is going to be on a mid summer night

DM on kessel, sad unfortunate. team tests, but sometimes you cant know. and how about gainey's daughter. My god

caller asks "what are the contract lengths of dr no and modin, i know carter is on a one year? when is it to soon to try to reup?"

DM"as a matter of fact ive just started that." hooley asks about modin, dm "ive talked to freddy and his agent"

dallas finns love dr no

Last edited by DougKnowsBest: 12-13-2006 at 04:52 PM.
DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Doug also said he thought 88-92 points would make the 8th seed, thats 33-19 and a .670 pace......which we are doing. Another way to look at it is to win 2 out of 3...

Now there will be a debate on the point cutoff based on Calgary's pace of 96 points but that is bound to change...they have alot of games against many competitive division teams so that pace could change....

Old
12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
cbj21

they talked about the passionate jacket fans and Dm said some is hating his guts and he could understand that.

My view is probably different from most but for me things is now how it should be. Both DM and Hitch is now doing what they are best at, Hitch doing the coaching and DM doing everything else.
Forget the past, forgive if you have to or not, its upto each and thats how it should be.
As i see it it cannot be denied DM has done a tremedous job getting theise players together while Hitch is getting the most out of them. Its a reason Hitch came here, he saw the talent and potential and thats DM's work, noone elses. This should not be just forgotten but i can understand why many fans is sore and pout about the fact DM wasnt able to make the desition to sack his buddy GG, but its also the only thing he can be blamed for and thats not enough for me to think its worth to get rid of him as hes doing a heck of a job with everything else.
What disgust me is those fans who is pouting over the fact GG started as coach this season and who is wondering why we didnt start with Hitch or someone else. ..
To me thats as rediculous as it come and just show a lack of brain since there is not 1 reason to have changed coach after the second half we had last season. We even started the season great but it was after the 10 days of resting that everything went down and a loosing and devestating spiral started which just killed the spirit and confidence and it was just not possibel to turn around. However to DMs defence he has seen a hell of a lot more games than anyone else here and he knows hockey from the inside more than anyone here so i belive he thought or was hoping for a turnaround. When you look at the rooster there was no reason it shouldnt but again i think it had just spiraled down too low and only a miracel could get things to change.
That miracel is ofcourse Hitch, one of the best things to ever happen to the jacketsas we all can agree on.
DM and GG was buddies and this cant have made it more easier to go to the extreme (yes its pretty extreme to sack a coach, and a last opsion) to fire GG.
There is also something people should understand, that its several times easier to find falts looking from the outside rather than from the inside. 100 people can have a huge problem finding a probloem among them while 1 person from the outside can spot it emediatly. This is a known fact.
Can we blame DM for this, yes, but we cannot blame DM for not getting a new coach at the start of this season.
Can we blame him for beliving(if that is true) coaching isnt that important? yes certainly but its done and delt with now
lesson is learned. DM aint an idiot, those who think that is just silly.
Can we blame DM for hiring GG in the first place? yeah sure but mistakes happen, duh!

And generally speaking it seems to me some fans just ignores certain facts and only focus on everything negative and will do anything to make a big thing of nothing(NOT talking about the coach thing but in general when they talk about DM), just as we can see in the DM show thread today where some quotes is posted , taken completely out of context just to make DM look bad and redicule him. I pitty fans that has nothing better to do than thrash our own coaches and Gms, players form past and present that gave theire best for the team andf gets **** in return. Its a lack of disloyalty, i cannot understand, but to each theire own.

Old
12-13-2006, 05:43 PM
EspoWorld

doug's a doof

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Handyy

Nice speech, cbj21

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoWorld View Post
doug's a doof

Old
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
they talked about the passionate jacket fans and Dm said some is hating his guts and he could understand that.

My view is probably different from most but for me things is now how it should be. Both DM and Hitch is now doing what they are best at, Hitch doing the coaching and DM doing everything else.
Forget the past, forgive if you have to or not, its upto each and thats how it should be.
As i see it it cannot be denied DM has done a tremedous job getting theise players together while Hitch is getting the most out of them. Its a reason Hitch came here, he saw the talent and potential and thats DM's work, noone elses. This should not be just forgotten but i can understand why many fans is sore and pout about the fact DM wasnt able to make the desition to sack his buddy GG, but its also the only thing he can be blamed for and thats not enough for me to think its worth to get rid of him as hes doing a heck of a job with everything else.
What disgust me is those fans who is pouting over the fact GG started as coach this season and who is wondering why we didnt start with Hitch or someone else. ..
To me thats as rediculous as it come and just show a lack of brain since there is not 1 reason to have changed coach after the second half we had last season. We even started the season great but it was after the 10 days of resting that everything went down and a loosing and devestating spiral started which just killed the spirit and confidence and it was just not possibel to turn around. However to DMs defence he has seen a hell of a lot more games than anyone else here and he knows hockey from the inside more than anyone here so i belive he thought or was hoping for a turnaround. When you look at the rooster there was no reason it shouldnt but again i think it had just spiraled down too low and only a miracel could get things to change.
That miracel is ofcourse Hitch, one of the best things to ever happen to the jacketsas we all can agree on.
DM and GG was buddies and this cant have made it more easier to go to the extreme (yes its pretty extreme to sack a coach, and a last opsion) to fire GG.
There is also something people should understand, that its several times easier to find falts looking from the outside rather than from the inside. 100 people can have a huge problem finding a probloem among them while 1 person from the outside can spot it emediatly. This is a known fact.
Can we blame DM for this, yes, but we cannot blame DM for not getting a new coach at the start of this season.
Can we blame him for beliving(if that is true) coaching isnt that important? yes certainly but its done and delt with now
lesson is learned. DM aint an idiot, those who think that is just silly.
Can we blame DM for hiring GG in the first place? yeah sure but mistakes happen, duh!

And generally speaking it seems to me some fans just ignores certain facts and only focus on everything negative and will do anything to make a big thing of nothing(NOT talking about the coach thing but in general when they talk about DM), just as we can see in the DM show thread today where some quotes is posted , taken completely out of context just to make DM look bad and redicule him. I pitty fans that has nothing better to do than thrash our own coaches and Gms, players form past and present that gave theire best for the team andf gets **** in return. Its a lack of disloyalty, i cannot understand, but to each theire own.
There is something in the good ole US of A that will keep everyone in their job and the fans mouths shut.........

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
12-13-2006, 06:10 PM
X0ssbar

Okay...just re-listened to that part in the show that was in question.

Hooley asked Doug if Freddy Modin is signed for a year...Doug responds and says yes and that "I just talked to Freddy and his agent last night about that"... To me that is clearly Modin that he is referring to.

On demand 33rd minute

Old
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
cbj21

Quote:
There is something in the good ole US of A that will keep everyone in their job and the fans mouths shut.........

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly and your forgetting half the reason why we are winning
and as i stated we were winning 1/2 of last season.
Also your reply there is not a constructive reply as its not a full answer to what your quoting.
And i already explained my view on that at the last part in that exact quote.

Old
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Okay...just re-listened to that part in the show that was in question.

Hooley asked Doug if Freddy Modin is signed for a year...Doug responds and says yes and that "I just talked to Freddy and his agent last night about that"... To me that is clearly Modin that he is referring to.

On demand 33rd minute
Ok.....I took it as Norrena but Modin is fine.....I still want Norrena extended though..

All of these damn Freddy's, and Freddies, and Herbies, and all the rest of the bee's has to stop Rimmer.....

Old
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
cbj21

GM :
"Mr. McConnell has a way of moving things along quicker than I do" and laughing ..

And when Rimmer asked if they should talk about GM's mistakes?
GM: "we have done that in 5 years already" and laughed.

he also acknowlages and understand that some fans hates his guts sometimes as he continues to praise the fans as he should ofcorse.

Seems to me he has some self insight right there and to me this is just what i want to hear.
That some fans chooses to redicule that or see it as weekness or w/e is theire problem

Old
12-13-2006, 06:29 PM
DentonFreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-Lebowski View Post
This coming from a guy who has a football avatar...hummmm

Congrats though....you are the last person on earth to be Doug's official opologist.
I've been around hockey my entire life. I've been on skates and playing hockey in some form since I could walk (spending the first year or so of your life in Toronto can do that), my dad and uncle grew up in Canada playing hockey and got to the point where they both played for Notre Dame and were drafted by the then Atlanta Flames. My dad went on to coach at Notre Dame as an assistant for a few years and ever since we moved to Columbus in '89 my dad has coached every decent player in mine or my brothers' age groups, including the only kid I know of to come out of Columbus with a scholarship offer to play hockey at a major Division I program (Trent Vogelhuber who will be playing at Miami, OH in two seasons). Like I said, I've been around hockey my entire life, so I know a thing or two about the sport.

And about my avatar, I'm a much, much bigger Notre Dame football fan than I am of any hockey team, including the hometown Jackets. But I guess because I'm a football fan that means I don't know anything about hockey regardless of whether or not I have more experience with the sport than, well, you.

And guess what.. Doug's not going anywhere if this team keeps doing well, and he might even get some credit for the good job he has done building a team. Also, last I checked, I wasn't the last person on this board who likes the guy. There are a couple of guys, IIRC, in DJ's thread about Doug's "weird" quote. But hey, who cares about that.

Last edited by DentonFreeman: 12-13-2006 at 06:38 PM.
DentonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:29 PM
darrmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post

friday night pre-draft party at the rbar sign me up. Holy smokes what a party that is going to be on a mid summer night
Did I miss something or is this what you came up with.

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:32 PM
DougKnowsBest

it was just logical

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentonFreeman View Post
I've been around hockey my entire life. I've been on skates and playing hockey in some form since I could walk (spending the first year or so of your life in Toronto can do that), my dad and uncle grew up in Canada playing hockey and go to the point where they both played for Notre Dame and were drafted by the then Calgary Flames. My dad went on to coach at Notre Dame as an assistant for a few years and ever since we moved to Columbus in '89 my dad has coached every decent player in mine or my brothers' age groups, including the only kid I know of to come out of Columbus with a scholarship offer to play hockey at a major Division I program (Trent Vogelhuber who will be playing at Miami, OH in two seasons). Like I said, I've been around hockey my entire life, so I know a thing or two about the sport.

And about my avatar, I'm a much, much bigger Notre Dame football fan than I am of any hockey team, including the hometown Jackets. But I guess because I'm a football fan that means I don't know anything about hockey regardless of whether or not I have more experience with the sport than, well, you.

And guess what.. Doug's not going anywhere if this team keeps doing well, and he might even get some credit for the good job he has done building a team. Also, last I checked, I wasn't the last person on this board who likes the guy. There are a couple of guys, If I recall correctly, in DJ's thread about Doug's "weird" quote. But hey, who cares about that.
That was a damn good post...... but I have to admit, I hate ND and always will......

Old
12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmd View Post
Did I miss something or is this what you came up with.
Doug dropped the bomb that the first round of the draft this year could be televised on Friday night. Made it sound like its basically a done deal but its nothing 'official' yet.

Old
12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
DentonFreeman

Quote:
That was a damn good post...... but I have to admit, I hate ND and always will......
It's ok, nobody's perfect Robert.

DentonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote