HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hudler, Filppula and Kopecky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
  #26
Syndrome
get off my lawn!!1!
 
Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
20 SOG in 24 games. Even if he misses the net half the time, that's still only like a shot and a half a game. Like too many of our forwards, he seems more content to dish it off. The value of Sammy is that he ain't afraid to let the damn thing rip. I never thought I'd miss Hull.

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
  #27
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
Tonight against the Hawks:

* Hudler a healthy scratch,
* Filppula with 2:54 of TOI in 1st period,
* Kopecky with 3:34 of TOI in the 1st period.

And you wonder why their production has decreased...

Pathetic use of Flip.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:12 PM
  #28
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
Just as I thought that Kopecky was starting to progress with his game, he got injured. I really feel sorry for him.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
  #29
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/1...evils001.shtml

Quote:
"We got to use four lines," said Babcock. "You can be strong in the third if you have four lines going. Our fourth line today with (Valtteri) Filppula, Homer (Tomas Holmstrom) and (Jiri) Hudler were real good. Huds had some great chances."
Both Hudler and Filppula had 2 good chances each. One in the 1st period, 1 in 2nd and 2 in 3rd.
Obviously Babcock noted it and Hudler got rewarded and he replied with the goal vs the BJ.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
  #30
Rexor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
We can' t follow many Red Wings games in this country, I watched the one against New Jersey on Saturday though. I think Hudler played really good, everytime he had the puck he made something to happen. But he cannot collect points regularly with that icetime he has. He' s no shutdown guy or a grinder, he must play on the 1st or 2nd line and get a plenty of PP time. Otherwise he is useless in my opinion. The way Babcock has been treating him so far is just wrong. Hudler is the most talented Czech player I' ve seen since Jágr. Milan Michálek is a star in the progress in San Jose, but when I go a few years back, Hudler was head and shoulders above him in the Czech league. There has been some hype about Frolík recently, he' s nothing compared to 18 years old Hudler though.
Yes, he' s not really fast and lacks size, but in terms of vision and hockey sense,
he' s a pure genius. I am really convinced that if he had the size and skating of
someone like Olesz, he would be a top-end talent comparable to Malkin or maybe even Crosby. He' s so damn talented, it' s sad to see him being completely misused on the Red Wings team. He' s not worse than Lang. That' s my take.


Last edited by Rexor: 12-21-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:05 PM
  #31
Sadekuuro
Registered User
 
Sadekuuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Hudler (literally) misses the net half the time he shoots. Just like many other of our forwards and defensemen.
Agreed, but I don't see him as hesitant to let it rip when the chance arises. He's got a mean slapper too.

Sadekuuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 10:03 AM
  #32
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
We can' t follow many Red Wings games in this country, I watched the one against New Jersey on Saturday though. I think Hudler played really good, everytime he had the puck he made something to happen. But he cannot collect points regularly with that icetime he has. He' s no shutdown guy or a grinder, he must play on the 1st or 2nd line and get a plenty of PP time. Otherwise he is useless in my opinion. The way Babcock has been treating him so far is just wrong. Hudler is the most talented Czech player I' ve seen since Jágr. Milan Michálek is a star in the progress in San Jose, but when I go a few years back, Hudler was head and shoulders above him in the Czech league. There has been some hype about Frolík recently, he' s nothing compared to 18 years old Hudler though.
Yes, he' s not really fast and lacks size, but in terms of vision and hockey sense,
he' s a pure genius. I am really convinced that if he had the size and skating of
someone like Olesz, he would be a top-end talent comparable to Malkin or maybe even Crosby. He' s so damn talented, it' s sad to see him being completely misused on the Red Wings team. He' s not worse than Lang. That' s my take.
10 min is not all that bad. It seems like a catch 22, but there are some other players/forwards which want to play more, so I guess Babcock has to find a way to give a good chance to everyone. I do not mind that Babcock is teasing Hudler, maybe it will pay off in a long run.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:50 PM
  #33
SouthernWingsFan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SouthernWingsFan Send a message via MSN to SouthernWingsFan
Flipper's been really good lately with his limited ice time.

SouthernWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 03:53 AM
  #34
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWingsFan View Post
Flipper's been really good lately with his limited ice time.
Yeh I thought he was real good against the Blue Jackets on Wednesday despite only receiving limited ice-time. On one play he went from one end to the other and created a scoring chance for Schneider. Then one another play he was great on the fore-check which resulted in another scoring chance. He was very good during his time and was always giving his all.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
  #35
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
I just do not remember right, but didn't Hulder score a hat trick in the preseason playing with Datsyuk?

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:35 PM
  #36
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
I just do not remember right, but didn't Hulder score a hat trick in the preseason playing with Datsyuk?
Andrew Hutchinson led all defensemen in scoring last pre-season too.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 04:35 AM
  #37
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Andrew Hutchinson led all defensemen in scoring last pre-season too.
I meant that Babcock might try to give some shifts to Hudler with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:07 AM
  #38
Chris L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Chris L
6min of ice time for Hudler & Filppula against the Kings Flip scores a goal and is +1, Hudler gets an assist and is +2... Why don't they get more ice time in a game where the Wings are leading by 4 goals ? They are among the top 30 rookie forwards with less ice time... I'm not asking the 20' Malkin or Kopitar get, but getting 10-11'/game should be a minimum if we want these kids to develop and learn the game at this level. Babcock completely misuses them

Chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:19 AM
  #39
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
Yeh I can't understand why Filppula and Hudler wouldn't get more ice-time when the Wings had such a large lead. Seems rather strange.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:57 AM
  #40
SouthernWingsFan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SouthernWingsFan Send a message via MSN to SouthernWingsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris L View Post
6min of ice time for Hudler & Filppula against the Kings Flip scores a goal and is +1, Hudler gets an assist and is +2... Why don't they get more ice time in a game where the Wings are leading by 4 goals ? They are among the top 30 rookie forwards with less ice time... I'm not asking the 20' Malkin or Kopitar get, but getting 10-11'/game should be a minimum if we want these kids to develop and learn the game at this level. Babcock completely misuses them
I know this isn't the answer many want to hear, but patience. I want to see them get more ice time as well. If things keep going well for the Wings as it has lately, more time will eventually happen as the team gets closer to securing a playoff spot, etc.

And I'm not trying to imply the team is going to be in danger of missing a playoff spot. I doubt the team will snowball downhill or have a slow streak like at the beginning of the year, so it'll just be a matter of time before it happens I think...When it does, that means more ice time.

SouthernWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:59 PM
  #41
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris L View Post
6min of ice time for Hudler & Filppula against the Kings Flip scores a goal and is +1, Hudler gets an assist and is +2... Why don't they get more ice time in a game where the Wings are leading by 4 goals ? They are among the top 30 rookie forwards with less ice time... I'm not asking the 20' Malkin or Kopitar get, but getting 10-11'/game should be a minimum if we want these kids to develop and learn the game at this level. Babcock completely misuses them
They did, they both got regular shifts in the 3rd period when it was blown wide open. Or well, as close to regular as they've gotten. At the end of the 2nd period it was a close game.

Babcock is misusing them, but I certainty don't think he's stunting their growth as an NHL player. It's not like all of their potential is going to be taken from them in one season with limited minutes. If they don't pan out can anyone really look back and say, yep, the 2006-2007 season is what killed their career?


Last edited by Heaton: 01-01-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 01:59 PM
  #42
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Yeh I can't understand why Filppula and Hudler wouldn't get more ice-time when the Wings had such a large lead. Seems rather strange.
http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapsho...01.html#220614

"I even said to Fil and Jiri (Hudler), they probably got as many points as you can get for the amount of seconds they played," Babcock said. "The way (the Kings) ran their bench, it was hard for me to get them out there as much as I would have liked."

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
  #43
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Babcock is misusing them, but I certainty don't think he's stunting their growth as an NHL player. It's not like all of their potential is going to be taken from them in one season with limited minutes. If they don't pan out can anyone really look back and say, yep, the 2006-2007 season is what killed their career?
Take note of Jiri Fischer, circa 1999-2002.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:07 PM
  #44
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Take note of Jiri Fischer, circa 1999-2002.
Sure. As long as you take note of the fact that it generally takes defenseman longer to develop ...
And as long as you note that Fischer, for all his promise, never really did develop.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:09 PM
  #45
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapsho...01.html#220614

"I even said to Fil and Jiri (Hudler), they probably got as many points as you can get for the amount of seconds they played," Babcock said. "The way (the Kings) ran their bench, it was hard for me to get them out there as much as I would have liked."
Good one.
In a 6-2 game against a bottomfeeder, it can be tough to find time for young players when they run their bench a certain way.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
  #46
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Yep, he's a clueless liar!

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
  #47
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Yep, he's a clueless liar!
Seriously, though.
What combination of LA line rolling would make it so bloody hard to give kids icetime in a lopsided game against a bottom feeder?

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
  #48
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartestManOnEarth View Post
Seriously, though.
What combination of LA line rolling would make it so bloody hard to give kids icetime in a lopsided game against a bottom feeder?
No clue, but I just feel a comfort that he's acknowledging it.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
  #49
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
No clue, but I just feel a comfort that he's acknowledging it.
I'm glad you feel comforted by coach Babs.

But in pro sports and politics, words are measured against action and reason.

A few days ago, he criticized his inability to get icetime for players.

Then, a few days later, he says he can't find iceime for players in a 6-2 game against the LA freakin' Kings because of the way they rolled their lines ...

I just don't see it.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
  #50
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
I'm just curious, do you only look at final ice times? Or do you look at the shift charts? Because after the game was blown wide open they got as close to regular shifts as they've gotten all year.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.