HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Iraqi Bloggers

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 05:02 AM
avfan#21

vCash: 500
Iraqi Bloggers

I enjoy hearing non biased reports from Iraq from guys like Sabot, and Sturm and anyone else that reports. I found a group of Iraqi bloggers who link to blog sites from soldiers as well I thought I'd pass them along. I haven't gotten to read enough to formulate an opinion but what little I've read has given me hope that what the media is reporting isn't the whole story in Iraq as a whole, there seems to be some good people over there who very much support what the US is trying to do for them and have alot of ideas on how the Iraqi's can help. I also noticed that there are anti-terrorism demonstrations going on there that I had not seen reported by the news media, not even by Fox. That is a good sign in my book. For those of you who care to read any of it, here is some of the links.

http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/

http://www.messopotamian.blogspot.com/

I don't think it will change anyone's views but to get news that you won't get from mainstream media is a bit refreshing. Some of you who continually like to link from biased media sources might even learn a thing or two.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Good Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
I enjoy hearing non biased reports from Iraq from guys like Sabot, and Sturm and anyone else that reports. I found a group of Iraqi bloggers who link to blog sites from soldiers as well I thought I'd pass them along. I haven't gotten to read enough to formulate an opinion but what little I've read has given me hope that what the media is reporting isn't the whole story in Iraq as a whole, there seems to be some good people over there who very much support what the US is trying to do for them and have alot of ideas on how the Iraqi's can help. I also noticed that there are anti-terrorism demonstrations going on there that I had not seen reported by the news media, not even by Fox. That is a good sign in my book. For those of you who care to read any of it, here is some of the links.

I don't think it will change anyone's views but to get news that you won't get from mainstream media is a bit refreshing. Some of you who continually like to link from biased media sources might even learn a thing or two.

and actually nice to see. Then we also see what happened after those 7 spaniards were killed, The kid putting his foot on the body and raising his hand in triumph. Pretty disgusting.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:00 AM
tom_servo

Reaction seems reasonably positive.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:51 AM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21

The questions is: Who do the Iraqi people consider as terrorists, and does that list include the US/coalition there right now?

Old
11-30-2003, 07:42 AM
avfan#21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
The questions is: Who do the Iraqi people consider as terrorists, and does that list include the US/coalition there right now?
Actually according to the Blog, the demonstration called on the Arab League to do a better job closing their borders to terrorist infiltrators. So far I've not read anything that would indicate that any of the bloggers have ill will for the Americans being there. In fact, one even thanked Dubya for invading.

Old
11-30-2003, 09:23 AM
redux46

It's good to see Iraqi bloggers on the net, but I wouldn't use them to get a general sense of what the population is thinking.

IMO, if you can afford to run a blog in Iraq then you're pretty well off. I don't know how effective these bloggers are in understanding the opinions of poor Iraqis, who happen to be the overwhelming majority of the country.

Closed Thread