HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gui's big brother

Old
12-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Mike McPhee

vCash: 500
Gui's big brother

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/olivier_latendresse

Did you guys know Lats had an older brother? He's a Coyotes prospect, playing for San Antonio. He must be very jealous of little Gui, hometown hero.

I wonder who doles out the wedgies now? Oh, how the tables have turned.

Mike McPhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptK View Post
http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/olivier_latendresse

Did you guys know Lats had an older brother? He's a Coyotes prospect, playing for San Antonio. He must be very jealous of little Gui, hometown hero.

I wonder who doles out the wedgies now? Oh, how the tables have turned.
He's far from being big. He was awesome in the juniors.

Blackshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Habs13

For some reason, I thought he was Gui's younger brother.. odd!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:24 AM
tdecheno

Yeah, I cant believe there havent been any "Lets get Olivier Latendresse" threads yet. Very suprising, although I must admit I would not mind it, hehe...would be kind of cool them playing on the same line as Gui....is he any good??

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
I met Olivier 2 years ago and he was smaller than me. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs. I guess Habs got the good one.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Form and Substance

No Olivier is a very good player. At the end of last season, there was talk about who was actually the most talented between the 2. Laughable now, but not quite so when you're coming off a 125 pts season and being generally heralded as a great skater with tremendous hands and work ethic. Couple that with the fact that Guillaume had an up and down season, skating issues, weight problems (chuckles) and was a general non-factor at the international circuit, you had cause for debate.

Well we now know the answer to that query,and good on us but I still think the older brother is going to creep his way onto an NHL roster in 3-4 years. And be a force someday. He really has a good foundation, the only knock on him is his size.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
I saw them both play together for College Charles Lemoyne in Midget AAA, both we VERY dominant on the ice.

...if im not mistaken Olivier changed his number this year to 48 because they always wore the opposite #'s

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I saw them both play together for College Charles Lemoyne in Midget AAA, both we VERY dominant on the ice.

...if im not mistaken Olivier changed his number this year to 48 because they always wore the opposite #'s
Yeah the brothers are pretty close, that's why I feel O. Lats will be an NHL player someday.

Old
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Yeah the brothers are pretty close, that's why I feel O. Lats will be an NHL player someday.
Well it's not looking good thus far. Signed as an undrafted free agent by Phoenix, assigned to AHL, then re-assigned to ECHL. He's tiny, too. I'd be surprised if he makes it to the show.

12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Well it's not looking good thus far. Signed as an undrafted free agent by Phoenix, assigned to AHL, then re-assigned to ECHL. He's tiny, too. I'd be surprised if he makes it to the show.
... and he is doing pretty well in the ECHL by the way. I guess he will follow a path similar to the one Simon Gamache took. He went undrafted after all.... and by the way, Olivier is probably more happy for his brother than being jealous. They look to be a solid family.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
By all accounts in Pheonix, he performed very well in the rookie camp and some envisioned him as their future 2nd line center. He's been assigned to the ECHL, big deal. He's 20, Michael Ryder went through that path twice.

Old
12-14-2006, 09:49 PM
vcx*

Well, his brother is apart of a brutal team right now. He's taking his time to develop so right now, can't tell which is the better Latendresse till the other makes his debut and gets the same shot Gui has gotten.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:53 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
... and he is doing pretty well in the ECHL by the way. I guess he will follow a path similar to the one Simon Gamache took. He went undrafted after all.... and by the way, Olivier is probably more happy for his brother than being jealous. They look to be a solid family.

There are guys that if they work hard enough, get their chance back in the AHL and the teams take notice, i mean guys like Burrows have busted their rear to make their dream come true, if these guys want it bad enough.

Go call up Alexandre Burrows and ask him how hard work feels like then attempt to do the same i guess.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
we knew bout him

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
There are guys that if they work hard enough, get their chance back in the AHL and the teams take notice, i mean guys like Burrows have busted their rear to make their dream come true, if these guys want it bad enough.

Go call up Alexandre Burrows and ask him how hard work feels like then attempt to do the same i guess.

Ive spoken to Burrows about his long road to the top. That guy busted his behind day in and day out, I tip my hat to him. He's a very classy guy too, although he's a pest on the ice/floor

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote