HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Would any of these teams make these deals?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Would any of these teams make these deals?

I think that Comrie has to be moved soon as the oil are in a plunge and need something, so my question to you would your team make any of the deals listed. Apologies to fans of teams not listed bu i am staying to the teams who have expressed interest.

Anaheim- Comrie Laraque and a 2nd for Chistov and Vishnevski

Atlanta- Comrie for Stefan and safronov

Nashville- Comrie for Arkhipov and Kloucek

Chi- Comrei for Arnason and Macarthy

Fla- Comrie for Weiss

LA- Comrie for grebeshkov and 2nd(probably a moot point given the straka trade.)

Old
12-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think that Comrie has to be moved soon as the oil are in a plunge and need something, so my question to you would your team make any of the deals listed. Apologies to fans of teams not listed bu i am staying to the teams who have expressed interest.

Fla- Comrie for Weiss

LA- Comrie for grebeshkov and 2nd(probably a moot point given the straka trade.)
Edmonton overpays in the first one. Drop the 2nd. Otherwise the proposals look good. Probably add picks to even a few out.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Edmonton overpays in the first one. Drop the 2nd. Otherwise the proposals look good. Probably add picks to even a few out.
There's no way that FLA is giving up Weiss for Comrie at this point. Edmonton had there chance when Florida wanted to make that deal when Wiess was sent down and not living up to the hype because of Keenan.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
There's no way that FLA is giving up Weiss for Comrie at this point. Edmonton had there chance when Florida wanted to make that deal when Wiess was sent down and not living up to the hype because of Keenan.
Fair enough I probably wouldn't either but the value is their.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:27 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:

Where do I sign?

Old
12-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Jerky Leclerc

I highly doubt the Ducks would move Chistov for Comrie. The Ducks would be giving up some size.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm confident that Nashville would make this trade

Old
12-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Hawkalyzer

Quote:

Fla- Comrie for Weiss

Chicago passes on Comrei :p

we REALLY cant deplete a defense thats probably the worst in the league right now, especially what i think is our best young Dman

Old
12-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Frolov

Kings will pass.

Right now Mike Cammelleri is looking like a Mike Comrie on the ice.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
Kings will pass.

Right now Mike Cammelleri is looking like a Mike Comrie on the ice.
Agreed.. with the emergence of Cammeleri and the acquisition of Straka, the Kings have no need for Comrie. At the moment it looks like Nashville, Chicago and Anaheim are the teams in the running..

Old
12-01-2003, 05:00 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:

Fla- Comrie for Weiss

No way in hell that FLA deal Weiss right now. Weiss is more valuable, producing, cheaper and younger (Not by much) than Comrie.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

As mentioned, I don't see the Ducks giving Chistov for Comrie
although he has started slowly, Chistov seems to be the future for Anaheim and arguably has an upside equal to or maybe even greater then Comrie.
I know that Anaheim is rumored to be interested in Comrie, but I'm still not sure how he would fit into the whole scheme of things and I'm not too encouraged that it would be a good deal based on some of the proposals flying around.
Vishnevski has improved tremendously since his benching and Sauer would be a more likely to be moved, In My Opinion. Obviously not the same upside, but almost everyone has forgotten about Vishnevski's projected upside until his play improved. Ideally, I think Simpson would be the most movable of the players on D, as he has not been impressive for the Ducks at all. He's on pace for career highs in PIM (which may help address the Ducks lack of grit, but I'm also not a big fan of blueliner enforcers, because of the numbers, and his penalties seem to come at the worst times) and he's on pace for a career low in +/- (and that's even counting the years with Calgary and Florida)
I know I am being disillusioned by thinking of giving up our spare parts will land Comrie, and maybe that's why I don't think it will happen, but I'm not really a fan of any proposals being thrown around.
Maybe Sauer and Perry and a pick?

Laraque would be of interest, because the Ducks should have an enforcer who can actually play and skate, and also the Ducks should have someone who can kick Craig Johnson out of the lineup (23 games, 1 assist, -1). He's not a bad influence on the team, but he's doesn't seem to be adding much.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
As mentioned, I don't see the Ducks giving Chistov for Comrie
although he has started slowly, Chistov seems to be the future for Anaheim and arguably has an upside equal to or maybe even greater then Comrie.
I know that Anaheim is rumored to be interested in Comrie, but I'm still not sure how he would fit into the whole scheme of things and I'm not too encouraged that it would be a good deal based on some of the proposals flying around.
Vishnevski has improved tremendously since his benching and Sauer would be a more likely to be moved, In My Opinion. Obviously not the same upside, but almost everyone has forgotten about Vishnevski's projected upside until his play improved. Ideally, I think Simpson would be the most movable of the players on D, as he has not been impressive for the Ducks at all. He's on pace for career highs in PIM (which may help address the Ducks lack of grit, but I'm also not a big fan of blueliner enforcers, because of the numbers, and his penalties seem to come at the worst times) and he's on pace for a career low in +/- (and that's even counting the years with Calgary and Florida)
I know I am being disillusioned by thinking of giving up our spare parts will land Comrie, and maybe that's why I don't think it will happen, but I'm not really a fan of any proposals being thrown around.
Maybe Sauer and Perry and a pick?

Laraque would be of interest, because the Ducks should have an enforcer who can actually play and skate, and also the Ducks should have someone who can kick Craig Johnson out of the lineup (23 games, 1 assist, -1). He's not a bad influence on the team, but he's doesn't seem to be adding much.
So you want a 33 goal scorer but are unwilling to trade anything of value to get teh deal done. How about we send Cross and Rita for Chistov then and see how you like it. Cross does have that size you are looking for....

The only other proposal i can think of to make this work is exchange is

Getzlaf and vishnevski for Comrie and Laraque

Closed Thread