HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. Phoenix | 12/14/06 9:00 P.M. FSN and FSNHD

Old
12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
bcon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
*hugs* and gives you strep. there! doncha feel better now??

here's hoping that the boys bring us out of our funks.
Thanks Falcor. Made me smile. I will take strep from you anyday. I love reading your posts. You sound like a blast to hang with and drink to the Jackets!!!

Better stop now or the gestapo will blast me for not talking about the game.

bcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
JakeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfarschman View Post
Also wasn't that the game where that famous image of Tyler Wright being held back against the boards screaming with blood running down his mouth was from?
I could be wrong, but I think that was when the Rangers sent out the goon squad with five seconds left in a 5-2 (or something like that loss).

JakeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:36 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
I could be wrong, but I think that was when the Rangers sent out the goon squad with five seconds left in a 5-2 (or something like that loss).
Yep..that was definitely the Rags game. I was in attendance for that fight fest.

Nothing...I mean nothing has yet to beat that Nashville game when Nash got in his first and only fight.. I thought the roof of that Nat was gonna explode during that tilt... That was the CBJ/Preds rivalry at its finest... Hopefully under Hitch we can bring some of that back as its been a pretty one sided rivalry lately

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3 View Post
Am I jinxing it by not being conservative!?!?
I'll take care of this. I have lapsed into "Can't win every game so gotta lose sometime" mode. Yes, I realize this saps just a bit of the joy from the way the team is playing, but I'm old and a little more beaten down by life than some of the rest of you (check out Billy Joel's "Summer Highland Falls" for a sense of my station in life). And no, I'm not looking for sympathy, just letting you know I've got it covered. I say, you guys take care of the youthful exuberance, and I'll take care of the worrying. Just don't go all Chicken Little if tthe CBJ should lose to a dreaded "team they should beat" - even if the other team is only 1 point behind in the standings. See? There I go again!

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Scrappy

The PHX board is hoping that Duvie doesn't play tonight. They are calling him dangerous. This may be the first time I've heard any opponent refer to any of our defensemen as 'dangerous'. I love it!

Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:40 PM
JakeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Yep..that was definitely the Rags game. I was in attendance for that fight fest.

Nothing...I mean nothing has yet to beat that Nashville game when Nash got in his first and only fight.. I thought the roof of that Nat was gonna explode during that tilt... That was the CBJ/Preds rivalry at its finest... Hopefully under Hitch we can bring some of that back as its been a pretty one sided rivalry lately
I was at the Rangers game, and I was at a Nashville game where there were two fights in the first thirty seconds, but I can't remember if that was the one where Nash fought. I've watched so many of these games the ones I attended in person are blurring with the televised ones.

Still, the all time best fight ever, to my mind, was when Duvie pummeled Sean Avery in his first NHL game.

Old
12-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I'll take care of this. I have lapsed into "Can't win every game so gotta lose sometime" mode. Yes, I realize this saps just a bit of the joy from the way the team is playing, but I'm old and a little more beaten down by life than some of the rest of you (check out Billy Joel's "Summer Highland Falls" for a sense of my station in life). And no, I'm not looking for sympathy, just letting you know I've got it covered. I say, you guys take care of the youthful exuberance, and I'll take care of the worrying. Just don't go all Chicken Little if tthe CBJ should lose to a dreaded "team they should beat" - even if the other team is only 1 point behind in the standings. See? There I go again!
"And though we choose between reality and madness...It's either sadness or euphoria."

Tonight is euphoria, baby!

Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Kfarschman

Quote:
Oh, yeah. That game was great. The league came down pretty hard on the Rangers for that.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:54 PM
shelley1142
Fire Howson!

I'm deffinetely feelin' it tonight! I agree that it probably won't be a blowout but I just can't see us losing. I say it'll be 4-2 with Manny, Nash, Feds, and Z all picking up the goals. Norenna will play amazing yetv again and Picard will pick up a couple assists. Should be a fun time!

shelley1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Ananasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I was in the same mindset. Then I looked at the Yotes' stats and their local rag. Their stats are not good (understatement). The whole Roenick affair (the most recent one anyways) is an unwanted distraction to a team who cannot afford to lose their focus. Gretzky is not handling coaching well, his frustration is pretty evident and that spills over to the team (I'm looking in your direction GG). I don't think this is the game where the Jackets slip up (Sat at the Nat is a totally different story, what a game that will be). They may not be at their sharpest tonight, but will prevail nonetheless.

Ananasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Kfarschman

Just one last tidbit about the '02 Phoenix/Jackets game.

Quote:
The game set Columbus records for most penalties by the Blue Jackets (15), an opponent (19) and combined penalty minutes (108). NHL commissioner Gary Bettman watched the game from the press box.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=221014029

When the vbookie thread opens up for this game I'm going in for a 1000. We can't have a let down yet.

Old
12-14-2006, 01:06 PM
JakeM

Quote:

When the vbookie thread opens up for this game I'm going in for a 1000. We can't have a let down yet.
How does that work anyway? Aren't they usually open by now?

Old
12-14-2006, 01:13 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Jackets win 6-1.

DJAnimosity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Kfarschman

Quote:
How does that work anyway? Aren't they usually open by now?
Not completely sure. I think a sponser has to create the vbookie threads. I think Ar-too usually handles the Bluejackets vbookie threads, among others.

The threads aren't up yet because Vegas hasn't released the official odds on the games yet.

Old
12-14-2006, 01:29 PM
falcor

Quote:
Not completely sure. I think a sponser has to create the vbookie threads. I think Ar-too usually handles the Bluejackets vbookie threads, among others.

The threads aren't up yet because Vegas hasn't released the official odds on the games yet.
thank vegas! abev sent me the 'how to' list, but i've deleted it. glad i don't have to make an utter *** outta myself by trying now.

falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:30 PM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Jackets win 6-1.
go dj! we win by that much and you'll win the gold star for the night.

Old
12-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
hopefully the Jackets are too confident about this one

i think it'll harder than expected but the streak continues

4-3 in SO
I was thinking a 3-3 tie then the shootout win but that would be a little tighter than I want....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Iíll never forget it. Aside from the comedy value, that was a sad night for me: growing up in Connecticut, Dineen was my favorite Whaler by a long shot. Iíve always thought Nash would have benefited immensely if Dino had been able to stick around and mentor him. Not that heís turned out so badlyÖ.
Do you remember when Sanderson, Cassels and Dineen skated together as Jackets.....I think it only happened once......

Old
12-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcon View Post
Thanks Falcor. Made me smile. I will take strep from you anyday. I love reading your posts. You sound like a blast to hang with and drink to the Jackets!!!

Better stop now or the gestapo will blast me for not talking about the game.
Pre game day thread hours are fairly open as long as it's about the Jackets or just killing time posts that will help us win........at least that's my experience....the thread ends up being short lived anyway...

Old
12-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by who me View Post
This should be a scrappy game. Line ups in the paper today have Brule scratched, which might not be a bad thing. I look for Shelley to go with GL, 5-2 jackets.

Carter, Nash, Svitov, Fedorov x2

hahah Federov gets 2 more tonight and im kissing Hitch

Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntledPSLholder View Post
anybody know if koharski's reffing this game tonight? that man's in love with his whistle
wasnt he overheard saying "Sergei's still got it" in the Columbus Dispatch Sports section today

Old
12-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
The PHX board is hoping that Duvie doesn't play tonight. They are calling him dangerous. This may be the first time I've heard any opponent refer to any of our defensemen as 'dangerous'. I love it!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Old
12-14-2006, 01:58 PM
X0ssbar

**NEW POSTER ALERT**

Cambion!

(although it shows you've been registered since July 06 -- welcome anyways)

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 02:06 PM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
**NEW POSTER ALERT**

Cambion!

(although it shows you've been registered since July 06 -- welcome anyways)
lets all point fingers and stare!!!!

j/k. welcome and make sure you introduce yourself properly here:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=243864&page=14

~if you kiss hitch, i want pics.

Old
12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Kfarschman

The Phoenix GDT has about as much posts as the Dallas GDT had in it altogether already. Phoenix = 23 points, Dallas = 40 points.

Arizona > Texas