HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tucker to be traded

Old
12-14-2006, 09:34 AM
wereback

vCash: 500
Tucker to be traded

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

This is a guy who would help us in a couple of spots....a little grit/protection...and some secondary scoring.....only question is who would you deal for him.....prucha?
prospects?.....

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:38 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Tucker would be great, its the price that worries me...

anyway when i opened that link i almost fell off the chair, jeees what an ugly mug!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:45 AM
wereback

he is U G L Y.......

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Charge_Seven

You'd be venturing into the first round pick moving territory again. Tucker is definitely going to be costing anybody who wants to land him.

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_Seven View Post
You'd be venturing into the first round pick moving territory again. Tucker is definitely going to be costing anybody who wants to land him.
Thanks JFJ. As you know...at HF, we are all GM's. At 31 turning 32, do you think a team would really have to break the bank for an agitating, on the downside of his career just a little less than a point per game player? Right now, Tucker is still playing great hockey. But weren't we all saying that just recently about Kasparaitis? Those reckless styles of play do take an early toll on these guys. Similarly, Shanahan's resurgence is due a great amount to the time, an entire season, he got off during the lockout. I'm not sure if his production would be possible if he did not have that year to recharge and get his energy back.

Does Tucker play center? I think I remember him taking draws against the Rangers. If so, he'd be a fun guy to have Shanny ride shotgun with.

Old
12-14-2006, 10:51 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Thanks JFJ. As you know...at HF, we are all GM's. At 31 turning 32, do you think a team would really have to break the bank for an agitating, on the downside of his career just a little less than a point per game player? Right now, Tucker is still playing great hockey. But weren't we all saying that just recently about Kasparaitis? Those reckless styles of play do take an early toll on these guys. Similarly, Shanahan's resurgence is due a great amount to the time, an entire season, he got off during the lockout. I'm not sure if his production would be possible if he did not have that year to recharge and get his energy back.

Does Tucker play center? I think I remember him taking draws against the Rangers. If so, he'd be a fun guy to have Shanny ride shotgun with.
he plays LW and centre.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
he plays LW and centre.
Great, he's versatile too but unlike Cullen he'll put up. I could really see Tucker's game exploding on Broadway ala Shanahan and becoming another fan favorite. Imagine, some good, old-time hockey with Shanahan, Tucker, Hollweg, and Ortmeyer?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:

On the downside of his career? I hope you mean just age because the past 1 and a half years have been Tucker's best...He has completley adapted and improved under the new rules and is a 30 gaol scorer, nasty, can hit, can play on the PP, and is a pain in the *** to play against..I see no reason for this to change in the next three years..

You do have a point about Tucke and injury but it's amazing given his style of play that he really never has been injured (I think)..I'd easily take him for a 3-year contract...5 years is another story.....Toronto will be nuts not to work out a deal for him --- As for trading for him, as always, all comes down to cost..And I would pay a decent price for the guy

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:01 AM
NYR469

he'd be a great pickup but the asking price is gonna be too high imo. for what it will cost to get him i'd want to target a better player than tucker.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:04 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
tucker is way overrated but we need some grit. I would trade Prucha and an average prospect if that was the price to get him.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
On the downside of his career? I hope you mean just age because the past 1 and a half years have been Tucker's best...He has completley adapted and improved under the new rules and is a 30 gaol scorer, nasty, can hit, can play on the PP, and is a pain in the *** to play against..I see no reason for this to change in the next three years..

You do have a point about Tucke and injury but it's amazing given his style of play that he really never has been injured (I think)..I'd easily take him for a 3-year contract...5 years is another story.....Toronto will be nuts not to work out a deal for him --- As for trading for him, as always, all comes down to cost..And I would pay a decent price for the guy
Oh most definately Tucker is playing lights out and has been. But like I said, man, its real scary how things can turn around. I guess its more visible when its a defenseman that doesn't usually produce points wise, and the only thing he was known for was his physical game and that deteriorated. If Tucker can't hit, he atleast has some third line skills.

Damn, Prucha straight up for Tucker? That's dicey...if there werent any other moves to be made involving some other teams youth, then I pull the trigger.

Old
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Oh most definately Tucker is playing lights out and has been. But like I said, man, its real scary how things can turn around. I guess its more visible when its a defenseman that doesn't usually produce points wise, and the only thing he was known for was his physical game and that deteriorated. If Tucker can't hit, he atleast has some third line skills.

Damn, Prucha straight up for Tucker? That's dicey...if there werent any other moves to be made involving some other teams youth, then I pull the trigger.
The consensus in the league trade rumor thread is that the Leafs would love Prucha and would jump all over a Prucha for Tucker straight up deal. I would think it would take more from the Leafs end to get Prucha, such as sucking up one of the Rangers bad d-man contracts (such as kaspar) and the Leafs sending a young player back in return (or a pick)

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Tucker would be a great addition but the only thing that i'm iffy about is the price tag, both $ and personell.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Yikes. How fast things change around here. Prucha for Tucker? No way. A month ago people didn't want to deal Prucha for Seabrook. Last year people were debating if Prucha was better than Crosby. And now people would be cool with dealing him straight up for Darcy Tucker?

12-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yikes. How fast things change around here. Prucha for Tucker? No way. A month ago people didn't want to deal Prucha for Seabrook. Last year people were debating if Prucha was better than Crosby. And now people would be cool with dealing him straight up for Darcy Tucker?
That'd be foolish to turn down a decent 2nd line center with grit in return for a guy who has only moved down: 2nd line to 3rd, 3rd line to 4th, 4th to now benched once in a while. He went from PP to no PP. Sometimes, its tough to face reality. But Prucha will never be a player in NYC, and that's only because his coach has decided to make it like that. Why keep the guy floundering on the 4th line when you could get something useful for him in Tucker and improve the team.

The team has to put out the best hockey team it can, regardless of age. So be it. I don't care anymore that we are getting rid of a guy that is somewhat young and had a great rookie season. It's just the circumstances.

Now trade Lundqvist? Tyutin? Montoya? Staal? Korpikoski? Our 1st round picks? Hell no, we do not know just yet if management will not put them into positions where they can succeed. But right now, Prucha is a goner. On top of that, being able to rid the team of a bad contract IE Kaspar/Malik? I'd do it.

Old
12-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I would never deal him straight up for Tucker. You'd have to have us add one of our $$$ d-men and them add a prospect into the deal. That'd be a fairly even deal.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
I would never deal him straight up either. The Leaf fans want to do something similiar to that, but it def. would take more (picks/young players/eating some of our bad contracts)

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I would never deal him straight up for Tucker. You'd have to have us add one of our $$$ d-men and them add a prospect into the deal. That'd be a fairly even deal.
I'm not sure about extra prospect though. This is a hard guy to gauge his value, he's a proven 30 goal scorer as of last year, but this year he's merely on the level of how a prospect should be viewed with regards to potential

Old
12-14-2006, 11:49 AM
kasparaitis666

ive heard that tucker is a locker room cancer, however him on the second line with shanny would be sick.

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I'm not sure about extra prospect though. This is a hard guy to gauge his value, he's a proven 30 goal scorer as of last year, but this year he's merely on the level of how a prospect should be viewed with regards to potential
He's also a UFA who wants a decent amount of money. To me, that lowers his value right there in regards to sending over a guy like Prucha.

Old
12-14-2006, 11:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
That'd be foolish to turn down a decent 2nd line center with grit in return for a guy who has only moved down: 2nd line to 3rd, 3rd line to 4th, 4th to now benched once in a while. He went from PP to no PP. Sometimes, its tough to face reality. But Prucha will never be a player in NYC, and that's only because his coach has decided to make it like that. Why keep the guy floundering on the 4th line when you could get something useful for him in Tucker and improve the team.

The team has to put out the best hockey team it can, regardless of age. So be it. I don't care anymore that we are getting rid of a guy that is somewhat young and had a great rookie season. It's just the circumstances.

Now trade Lundqvist? Tyutin? Montoya? Staal? Korpikoski? Our 1st round picks? Hell no, we do not know just yet if management will not put them into positions where they can succeed. But right now, Prucha is a goner.
No, what would be foolish would be trading a guy who is in his second year who scored 30 goals as a rookie for a UFA to be who is on the other side of 30 and given the way he plays is older than that (see Kasparaitis, Darius). You getting older and more expensive and giving up a guy who is in a slump. No way do you make this trade. That's more than the Leafs gave up for Leetch.

And Tucker is not a good center. He's a wing.

I'm glad that you know for sure that he's done in NY. I'm not ready to say that.

You want to trade Prucha? Package him for Brad Richards or Vincent Lecalvalier. Go get a young defenseman. You don't trade a guy like Prucha for Darcy Tucker.

You favor this trade, don't ever kill Sather/Renney/Maloney for not going with youth.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
He's also a UFA who wants a decent amount of money. To me, that lowers his value right there in regards to sending over a guy like Prucha.
well that's another angle...i did not realize tucker was an UFA.

Old
12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
eco's bones

I don't know. 3 years from now Jagr might not be here and Nylander and Straka and Shanahan will probably all be gone. If Tucker is 34 or 35 how good is he going to be? Meanwhile you have no Prucha or whoever else you deal. No doubt we'll pick up other UFA's to replace those mentioned above but having young forwards with skill moving into their prime is not a bad thing. That's another way to look at a deal involving Prucha and Tucker--what kind of player will each of them be in 2010? In any case I'm not sold on Tucker as a center. I see him more as a winger.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

The one thing that Tucker would enable is to finally move Cullen down to the 3rd line where he belongs. A 2nd line of Tucker - Immonen - Shanahan would be really deadly and very nasty and hard to play against.

I don't know, SBOB, but if the offer was right (IE we're getting a decent prospect back with Tucker) than I'd move Prucha in a deal for him along with shedding the contract of Kasparitis or Malik.

Old
12-14-2006, 11:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Not even then Jon. You don't trade Prucha for six months of Darcy Tucker. You trade Prucha, you need to get a given asset in return.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote