HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie/Nashville on Spector's.

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 08:03 AM
Oilhitch

vCash: 500
Comrie/Nashville on Spector's.

This was posted on Spector's site today.ARKHIPOV FOR COMRIE?

TORONTO STAR/WAYMORESPORTS.COM: in their "Weekend Mag" reported the Nashville Predators have had forward Denis Arkhipov on the trade block this season, even offering him up in a package offer to the Edmonton Oilers for Mike Comrie. However, Arkhipov's game has improved of late since he was reunited with Martin Erat and Vladimir Orszagh on the "Vowel Line" and that might stay GM David Poile's hand.

Spector's Note: If Arkhipov's game has improved, then there's no need for Poile to make this deal. Remember, the Preds remain a young team that's been maturing together. Given how well they've played of late, I doubt Poile has plans to shake things up now.

Any thought's?

Old
11-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Mizral

Orszagh just put up a hat trick last night, and while I didn't see the game, if Arhipov had much to do with those goals, it'll make him even harder to move.

That said, there could be a deal here. Arkhipov and a pick perhaps, or maybe a defenseman in there somewhere.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:46 AM
Oilhitch

I have heard the Arkhipov rumors in the past as well. However I still think that Lowe is more interested in defence in return for Comrie, and Nashville has some interesting d prospects. Dunno if Poile woiuld ever offer them up as trade bait???????

Old
11-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Yanner39

Many potential suitors for K.lo and MC are starting to play well and hence would not have any reason to deal for Mike. Lowe took a gamble on waiting to deal Comrie and now, I just don't see a market. I mean, a month ago, the rumor was Comrie for Weiss and ???...Well, Weiss last I checked had 10 points in 10 games...

I really don't expect a Comrie trade for some time. Those who wanted MC to sit have their wish I guess.

Old
11-30-2003, 09:12 AM
Seachd

If I were Lowe dealing with Nashville, I'd do what it takes to land their first rounder. I'm not sure Poile is really one to deal away picks like that, but it's been said Lowe is looking for another one.

If Arkhipov were involved (I'm personally not sure if he'd be the best return), maybe something like Arkhipov and a 1st for Comrie and Chimera? Too much? Too little?

Old
11-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
If I were Lowe dealing with Nashville, I'd do what it takes to land their first rounder. I'm not sure Poile is really one to deal away picks like that, but it's been said Lowe is looking for another one.

If Arkhipov were involved (I'm personally not sure if he'd be the best return), maybe something like Arkhipov and a 1st for Comrie and Chimera? Too much? Too little?
Looks good although I 'd hate to see Chimera move just yet. With Nash signing Neckar last week, maybe they have too many d-man. Let's get Zidlicky or Timonen.

Old
11-30-2003, 09:48 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I could still see an Arkhi deal. And we need to unload a D-man really bad. The Neckar signing last week makes me think some kind of trade is brewing. Have had two injured d-men (Schnabel and Kloucek)-- Schnabel isn't due back for a couple of weeks yet as he had arteries slashed on a skate last month. Klouch could be back soon. I think they have 10 d-men total on roster or IR.

Poile won't be dealing Hamhuis, Eaton, Scnabel, Timonen, Zidlicky, or Suter. Don't even think about it. But there's Brookbank and Allison.

This Comrie talk linking Nashville just won't go away. Maybe there is something there...

Old
11-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Looks good although I 'd hate to see Chimera move just yet. With Nash signing Neckar last week, maybe they have too many d-man. Let's get Zidlicky or Timonen.
nope...how about Arkhipov, York, and Brookbank for Comrie and your 2nd or 3rd rounder

Old
11-30-2003, 09:56 AM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
nope...how about Arkhipov, York, and Brookbank for Comrie and your 2nd or 3rd rounder
If Lowe were gonna settle for a package like that he could have done it 2 months ago.

A deal like Comrie for Arkipov and Hamhuis would get Lowe to pull the trigger. Too rich for NSH? Probably.

And that's why the deal hasn't been done yet. That won't change until Lowe feels pressure ot move Comrie, or the NSH GM changes his mind. I'm not really counting on either.

Old
11-30-2003, 11:55 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
If Lowe were gonna settle for a package like that he could have done it 2 months ago.

A deal like Comrie for Arkipov and Hamhuis would get Lowe to pull the trigger. Too rich for NSH? Probably.

And that's why the deal hasn't been done yet. That won't change until Lowe feels pressure ot move Comrie, or the NSH GM changes his mind. I'm not really counting on either.
Hammy is going NOWHERE!
He has been fantastic...

Old
11-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd

Considering Erat can barely hold down a roster spot, I don't think they would want Chimera.

The Preds are still a growing team, so I doubt they move their 1st or even 2nd round picks.

I think you're asking for a *bit* too much, but it's not too far off either. Perhaps:

Arkhipov & Upshall for Comrie and Stoll or something.

Old
11-30-2003, 04:03 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Considering Erat can barely hold down a roster spot, I don't think they would want Chimera.

The Preds are still a growing team, so I doubt they move their 1st or even 2nd round picks.

I think you're asking for a *bit* too much, but it's not too far off either. Perhaps:

Arkhipov & Upshall for Comrie and Stoll or something.
Yikes. IMO, Stoll and Upshall are pretty close to equal, with Upshall getting the slight edge and Comrie is a hell of a lot better then Arkhipov. From reading the Nashville boards, it sounds like Arkhipov is their version of Horcoff. I don't think he should be the guy we look for in a Comrie trade.

Last edited by JJTopper: 11-30-2003 at 04:10 PM.
Old
11-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Mizral

I suggest you go take a look at Upshall's junior numbers. I like Stoll and all, but Upshall has much more promise right now.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:35 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Upshall:
2002-03 Kamloops WHL 42 25 31 56
2001-02 Kamloops WHL 61 32 51 83
2000-01 Kamloops WHL 70 42 45 87

Stoll:
2001-02 Kootenay WHL 47 32 34 66
2000-01 Kootenay WHL 62 40 66 106
1999-00 Kootenay WHL 71 37 38 75
1998-99 Kootenay WHL 57 13 21 34

I'm looking...and your point? They look pretty close to me. All reports I'v seen say Upshall could turn into a good 3rd liner, just like Stoll.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kAsT
Upshall:
2002-03 Kamloops WHL 42 25 31 56
2001-02 Kamloops WHL 61 32 51 83
2000-01 Kamloops WHL 70 42 45 87

Stoll:
2001-02 Kootenay WHL 47 32 34 66
2000-01 Kootenay WHL 62 40 66 106
1999-00 Kootenay WHL 71 37 38 75
1998-99 Kootenay WHL 57 13 21 34

I'm looking...and your point? They look pretty close to me. All reports I'v seen say Upshall could turn into a good 3rd liner, just like Stoll.

Outside of Stoll's big year (which no doubt Upshall would have matched if not for his injured year), Upshall's point totals are much more impressive once you realize Upshall is a year younger.

Already, Upshall is a PPG player in the AHL (well, actually 1 point back) at 20 years of age. He, like Stoll, has a ton of intangibles, but his goal scoring potential is surely higher. Upshall could very well top out to be a very good 2nd line forward.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:00 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Outside of Stoll's big year (which no doubt Upshall would have matched if not for his injured year)
Stoll's last season was also messed up by injury too though. Stoll put up 20 more points during his third year in junior compared to Upshall.

Then he slit all the tendons in his wrist, which caused his last year totals to be a whole lot lower.

The reason Stoll was drafted so much later than Upshall is simply because of questions about his skating. So far, going by his play in the NHL, it looks like he will overcome that liability.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:01 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Outside of Stoll's big year (which no doubt Upshall would have matched if not for his injured year), Upshall's point totals are much more impressive once you realize Upshall is a year younger.

Already, Upshall is a PPG player in the AHL (well, actually 1 point back) at 20 years of age. He, like Stoll, has a ton of intangibles, but his goal scoring potential is surely higher. Upshall could very well top out to be a very good 2nd line forward.
I gave the slight edge to Upshall and I'll stand by that. The argument that he could have done so and so if he stayed healthy is like Comrie hitting 80points last season if he stayed healthy. You can say it and it sounds good, but it didn't happen and is all speculation until proven otherwise. I guess I just view these two players being a lot closer then yourself and only time will tell.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Seachd

Upshall's junior numbers certainly don't seem any more impressive than Stoll's. Stoll has been playing so well this year, and is a perfect fit on the team. I'd have to think long and hard about giving him up for Upshall. Both will be good, but it seems pretty lateral to me. Let's see what Stoll is like when he's even better.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:17 PM
chuckie

Legwand

What about comrie for legwand, both are centres plus legwand is a great skater and extremley fast just what edmonton loves, plus legwand has been underacheiving in nashville although he has no one to pass to...thoughts....

Old
11-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
What about comrie for legwand, both are centres plus legwand is a great skater and extremley fast just what edmonton loves, plus legwand has been underacheiving in nashville although he has no one to pass to...thoughts....
Legwand is the guy I want the most for the Oilers to pick up. Hell, I'd even be in favour of moving Hemsky to pick him up.

Problem is, I really doubt the Preds have any interest in moving him. He's got 15 points in 23 games so far, and he's just now getting hot. Struggling? Maybe a month ago, but not really right now. Legwand is a great two way player with size, skating, great offensive instincts, and doesn't make much money. Players like that usually cost a hell of a lot. I don't think Comrie is nearly enough. Maybe Comrie and the Oilers' 1st round pick? Still not sure the Preds want to move him though.

Old
11-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Legwand is the guy I want the most for the Oilers to pick up. Hell, I'd even be in favour of moving Hemsky to pick him up.

Problem is, I really doubt the Preds have any interest in moving him. He's got 15 points in 23 games so far, and he's just now getting hot. Struggling? Maybe a month ago, but not really right now. Legwand is a great two way player with size, skating, great offensive instincts, and doesn't make much money. Players like that usually cost a hell of a lot. I don't think Comrie is nearly enough. Maybe Comrie and the Oilers' 1st round pick? Still not sure the Preds want to move him though.

I agree legwand would be great as an oiler but i would not move hemsky for him.

I think that Lowe dropped the ball a little bit on the Comrie deal. He could gotten better players dealing him at the draft when he could have traded Comrie and Horcoff for Suter or Coburn. Now those players are off the market in any comrie deal.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I agree legwand would be great as an oiler but i would not move hemsky for him.

I think that Lowe dropped the ball a little bit on the Comrie deal. He could gotten better players dealing him at the draft when he could have traded Comrie and Horcoff for Suter or Coburn. Now those players are off the market in any comrie deal.
I don't think you can blame Lowe for this. Hindsight is 20/20, but did any of you think Comrie wouldn't be an Oiler once the season started on draft day? And even if you did, you couldn't have been 100% on the idea.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:09 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
I wouldn't hold my breath on getting Legwand. He, Scott Walker, Kimmo Timonen, Marek Zidlicky, Scott Hartnell, Jordin Tootoo, Dan Hamhuis and a few others I wouldn't count on Nashville letting go of anytime soon. If this trade actually happens and isn't some horrid rumor I'd count more on the likes Arkipov and Kloucek being involved.

Also, whoever said Erat has trouble holding a spot down...the combo of him and orszagh have been oustanding this year. As for arkipov having any part in orszagh's hat trick....not at all. In fact, the goal arkipov scored in that game was handed to him in a basket and orszagh/erat deserve all the credit for it.

That brings me to a final question. I know Comrie is a holdout, but can anyone tell me why the bad blood between him and oilers fans? I'm curious.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
I don't think you can blame Lowe for this. Hindsight is 20/20, but did any of you think Comrie wouldn't be an Oiler once the season started on draft day? And even if you did, you couldn't have been 100% on the idea.
I agree 100% I thought that Comrie would be an Oiler for a long time. Could you imaging the uproar if Lowe woiuld have done that deal at the draft???? He would have been run out of town. Now he has the backing of the fans to move him.

Closed Thread