HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Bolts @ Habs

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
That's the way I saw it also. It seemed to hit just below the helmet. At first I thought it was the temple area. But it looked like it was just above the cheek bone after watching it a couple of times.

Actaully Sammy was benched also last night. Quite honestly I'm not sure what happened with Ryder. He seemed to be getting all kinds of chances, then all of a sudden he wasn't playing anymore.

You know I watched Sammy hustle on the back check several times last night after Kovalev turned over the puck and just stood there so I'm not sure why one was on the bench and the floater was still playing... despite the nice play on the Kovy goal.

Pleks, Komi, Cube, Gui, Kovy were all BRUTAL with turnovers last night so Sammy and Ryder were not alone.
I don't think it's hard to see that Ryder was pretty awful last night. He made one nice move for a scoring chance, and received a couple of passes for shots / attempted shots, but most of the stuff he tried to do he ended up messing up. There was one particular play where he should have had the puck in the offensive zone just inside the blueline, but instead he messed up his play, gave the puck away, and then FELL too. And his awful giveaway on the PK leading to the Richards goal. And several other such things. He wasn't the only one playing like that (*coughs*Kovalev*coughs*), but he was VERY deserving of the benching IMO.

Old
12-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
I don't think it's hard to see that Ryder was pretty awful last night. He made one nice move for a scoring chance, and received a couple of passes for shots / attempted shots, but most of the stuff he tried to do he ended up messing up. There was one particular play where he should have had the puck in the offensive zone just inside the blueline, but instead he messed up his play, gave the puck away, and then FELL too. And his awful giveaway on the PK leading to the Richards goal. And several other such things. He wasn't the only one playing like that (*coughs*Kovalev*coughs*), but he was VERY deserving of the benching IMO.
Agree, but like we've both mentioned, the giveaways last night was awful. We just kept turning the puck over and everyone seemd guilty. There was one play when Bonk made a behind the back outlet pass right onto the stick of a TB player.

But in the end only 2 players (that most noticed) were sitting....not a complaint just an observation.

Old
12-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Maxpac

Just a question to evreyone who's been going to the Habs game lately, did anyone notice anyone with a Habs shirt that's written Logan on the back, (he sits in the 405 row i think?) the guy danced weirdly from the start to the end of the game, some people who were there think he has season tickets, evreyone close to him were screaming LOGAN! LOGAN!, it was some pretty funny stuff

Old
12-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Just a question to evreyone who's been going to the Habs game lately, did anyone notice anyone with a Habs shirt that's written Logan on the back, (he sits in the 405 row i think?) the guy danced weirdly from the start to the end of the game, some people who were there think he has season tickets, evreyone close to him were screaming LOGAN! LOGAN!, it was some pretty funny stuff
He was in 304. I was two rows behind him. It was hilarious. The guy is at the game all by himself, wearing a Habs jersey with #11 Logan on the back, dancing like a wild man at every opportunity he gets, singing along.

It was awesome. The fans embraced him, chanting his name in every which way, putting his name in every song (ie. Ole Ole Ole Ole became Lo-gan, Lo-gan, Lo-gan, Lo-gan) and what not.

Good for him, he was having the time of his life.

Old
12-15-2006, 10:59 AM
MathMan

Some of Samsonov and Ryder's bench time might be explained by lack of Bonk, which left two wingers out.

Carbo seemed to experiment with lines a bit in the third.

Old
12-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post

I saw him at two games I went to this year! He must have season tickets. The guy's awesome.

Old
12-15-2006, 11:21 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
JESUS BEEPING CHRIST

I cant take it anymore with this stupid book.

Its a beeping expresion used in all sports.

Every single player in every single sport has a book.
What the player likes to do, what his habits are, ect...

get over it, for !@#$ sake.
Easy, easy, just a little humour about the smartest man in hockey ...Now, you are right, every player has habits,tendancies etc. but I have yet to hear Peter Mcguire call them out so loudly as he did with Huet...we all know Mcguire has an axe to grind with the Habs because they passed him over for any job, let alone the GM position, the MONSTER is harder on the Habs publicy than any other organization...Personally I think he is a smart hockey guy to a certain degree, but I also think he is a Monster Moron, and when I get the chance I don't mind telling someone, it's just an opinion, nothing more...

Old
12-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Easy, easy, just a little humour about the smartest man in hockey ...Now, you are right, every player has habits,tendancies etc. but I have yet to hear Peter Mcguire call them out so loudly as he did with Huet...we all know Mcguire has an axe to grind with the Habs because they passed him over for any job, let alone the GM position, the MONSTER is harder on the Habs publicy than any other organization...Personally I think he is a smart hockey guy to a certain degree, but I also think he is a Monster Moron, and when I get the chance I don't mind telling someone, it's just an opinion, nothing more...

Honestly, you wanna know what I think when it comes to Pierre being so hard on the Habs.

I think he knows they have a good team, and I think he knows they could be a contender. and were seeing that this year.

The only problem is that he works for TSN, He is supposed to be unbiased twrods all teams, but we all know when you work for TSN, you have got to bash the habs at ne chance u appear on tv, and have to praise the Leafs.

i mean, cmon, look at it, the leafs have what, 1 win in their last 7 or 8 games? Tsn doesnt say that they are a bad team and its starting to show, no, they say toronto has to snap out of their slump and get back on track. little do they know that whats accutually happening is they are right back on track now, comming down from their little power surge.

Old
12-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
That's how you see it. I see it as opportunistic tirades on his part during not only every TSN broadcast of the Habs but any time Huet's name is mentioned. To say something a few times is an honest opinion. To harp on something every chance you get is an agenda.

Add to this how many times last season McGuire defended Theodore, saying he must have been playing hurt, and you've got someone that's incredibly stubborn and won't admit he's wrong.

I wonder if it's possible to win both Norris and Selke.
thats how mcguire is, he harps on things forever, thats just the way he is. mention phaneuf to him and he will give you 550 stories about him.

Closed Thread