HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Little Stuffing Left for Garrioch

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 04:42 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Little Stuffing Left for Garrioch

Not much stuffing left in today’s Garrioch column, as he had to console himself with turkey & gravy flavour potato chips to offset his disappointment of spending US Thanksgiving here in Canada. Here’s his end-of-month column:
Pens still counting on Mario's return

Quote:
The Flames could be willing to listen to offers for RW Jarome Iginla. Making $7.5 million this season, he'll be a restricted free agent at the end of this campaign and Calgary is going to have to make him a qualifying offer at the same price to keep him. The question: Is he worth the money? Not likely, but a team like the Leafs would be interested if the Flames want to talk.
Could, if, would – more of speculation than a rumour.
Quote:
Speaking of the Leafs, don't be surprised if RW Darcy Tucker is moved. The club is continuing to shop him.
Only 24 shopping days before XMAS. Please note that batteries are not included if you purchase Tucker, but he will run off the mouth anyways.
Quote:
LW Eric Beaudoin, an Ottawa native and Panthers' farmhand, is close to being moved by GM-coach Rick Dudley.
Next week, Garrioch will uncover a ECHL trade rumour.
Quote:
The Ducks are willing to move D Todd Simpson and D Vitaly Vishnevski, but they haven't received any concrete offers.
You would think the New Jersey mob would make a concrete offer. I wonder what the Ducks want in return?
Quote:
There's talk the Thrashers were offered a chance to acquire Senators C Radek Bonk, but Atlanta politely declined. .
What did the Sens want in return, Kovalchuk? Given how the Sens are playing this season, it is surprising Garrioch has not yet launched a full-fledged campaign to get Bonk out of town.
Quote:
The Leafs could be interested in Isles C Michael Peca and D Roman Hamrlik. That would be a huge deal.
This was discussed on this board.
Quote:
The Senators interest in Nashville RW Scott Walker is legitimate. It should be noted he will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season. He recently turned down a one-year, $2-million contract extension because he wants a long-term deal.
There was a thread started on this one also, due to a Garrioch article mentioning this.
Quote:
If Dallas G Marty Turco keeps struggling, will the Stars make a pitch for Washington's Olaf Kolzig?
Kolzig .889%, Turco .902%. The solution for these "struggling" goaltenders is to fix the D first.

Have a better than just nice Sunday

Old
11-30-2003, 04:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Not much stuffing left in today’s Garrioch column, as he had to console himself with turkey & gravy flavour potato chips to offset his disappointment of spending US Thanksgiving here in Canada. Here’s his end-of-month column:
Pens still counting on Mario's return

Could, if, would – more of speculation than a rumour.Only 24 shopping days before XMAS. Please note that batteries are not included if you purchase Tucker, but he will run off the mouth anyways.Next week, Garrioch will uncover a ECHL trade rumour. You would think the New Jersey mob would make a concrete offer. I wonder what the Ducks want in return?What did the Sens want in return, Kovalchuk? Given how the Sens are playing this season, it is surprising Garrioch has not yet launched a full-fledged campaign to get Bonk out of town.This was discussed on this board.There was a thread started on this one also, due to a Garrioch article mentioning this.Kolzig .889%, Turco .902%. The solution for these "struggling" goaltenders is to fix the D first.

Have a better than just nice Sunday
You forgot to mention his weekly Jaromir Jagr update.This week it's the sides are talking but a deal is not close.That can be said for every deal.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:02 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
You forgot to mention his weekly Jaromir Jagr update.This week it's the sides are talking but a deal is not close.That can be said for every deal.
Here is the link to that article:
Rangers keep eye on Jagr

The "several NHL sources" could have been the posts on this board.

I didn't mention the article since it seems total filler.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:13 AM
kacz

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ducks are willing to move D Todd Simpson and D Vitaly Vishnevski, but they haven't received any concrete offers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would think the New Jersey mob would make a concrete offer. I wonder what the Ducks want in return?
How bout something around Comrie and Vishnevski?

Old
11-30-2003, 05:23 AM
CREW99AW

If the leafs couldn't meet the nyi asking price for Hamrlik alone 5 months ago,I wonder what they'd offer for Hamrlik+Peca now :p

Have the group of Leaf players that the Leafs keep trying to move(Renberg,Reichel,Berg,Domi,Tucker) grown younger,cheaper,more talented in the last 5 months?

Old
11-30-2003, 05:26 AM
CREW99AW

If Parrish is going,I'd like to see him bring back Vishnevski.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:45 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Vishnevski is playing really well right now. He and Salei are doing all the Yeoman's work with Havelid struggling and Carney getting back to speed (recovering from his broken foot).

Old
11-30-2003, 05:48 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
but what I really want to know is...

WHERE IS ERIC BEAUDOIN GOING??

Old
11-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Alfie#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
.Next week, Garrioch will uncover a ECHL trade rumour.
About Beaudoin -maybe seeing as how this is an Ottawa paper, people might be interested in news about a local boy?

Old
12-01-2003, 09:34 AM
kidchrome

Did Garrioch not mention something about Bonk a couple articles back about him being shopped to Phoenix??? It sounds to me like the "Let's see If I Can Get Bonk Traded" rollercoaster has started. I think it would be a mistake to let him go, but that's just me. I would rather see them get rid of that telephone pole on d and Havlat before they move Bonk. Havlat and Chara could get a VERY healthy return. My bet is Bruce starts trading Bonk in his columns full steam this week. Say it ain't so.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:32 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

peca and hamrlik to the leafs?
my god hehe

milbury would have to milk the leafs entire under 30 club (all 2 of them)
plus their top prospects.

antropov tucker colaiacovo ..god what else...

i cant see john ferguson adding more 30+ guys to a banged up old roster.
not for the price of their key young players

Closed Thread