HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet and Souray just confirmed their spot in the All-Star

Old
12-15-2006, 01:22 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Homer blinders? Go **** yourself. Huet > Fleury and I don't have to be a homer to see that.
Oh yeah, my bad a 22yr old #1 netminder behind a defense that is like swiss cheese sucks right? Grow up with the pathetic "Go **** yourself" sentiment. Huet is deserving of the All-star nod, but that doesn't mean Fleury isn't either. The guy has 14 wins on a team that has defensive issues, you have to be joking yourself if you can't accept the fact that we do have a better defensive team than the Penguins.

Huet has put up some awesome numbers, but it's about voting and as it stants, Fleury & Miller are going to the All-star game, whether you want to whine about it all day long or not.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post

Huet has put up some awesome numbers, but it's about voting and as it stants, Fleury & Miller are going to the All-star game, whether you want to whine about it all day long or not.
The fans only vote in the STARTING lineup. I was under the impression that Miller had the most votes, if I'm wrong then I apologize.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:26 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Souray is tied with Gonchar for top offensive defenseman in the East. If Crosby has another freakish game (he will) Gonchar could just leap frog Niedermayer and Pronger for top defenseman for pts.

Gonchar 5g 22a for 27 pts in 30games and is even for +/- (6ppg 3gw)
Souray 11g 16a for 27 pts in 30 games and is -6 (6ppg 2gw)

I'd put Gonchar ahead of Souray right now, that +/- does count for something and for a guy like Gonchar to be at 0 sort of amazes me, he is mostly a liability on defense, not always but is some of the time.

*** are you talking about ?

Gonchar: 5-22-27 in 30GP EVEN (4PPG and 2GWG)

Souray: 11-16-27 in 27GP -6 (9PPG and 2GWG)

Use the real stats.

AND BTW Fleury isn't all star material....

14-7-4 3.00GAA .902 save% (25games and 669saves AVG:26.7 saves per game) 1SO

Huet: 12-3-3 2.26GAA .933 save% (21games and 613saves AVG:29 saves per game) 2SO

Last edited by GSK*: 12-15-2006 at 01:31 PM.
GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:34 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Oh yeah, my bad a 22yr old #1 netminder behind a defense that is like swiss cheese sucks right? Grow up with the pathetic "Go **** yourself" sentiment. Huet is deserving of the All-star nod, but that doesn't mean Fleury isn't either. The guy has 14 wins on a team that has defensive issues, you have to be joking yourself if you can't accept the fact that we do have a better defensive team than the Penguins.

Miller is leading Fleury in fan votes right now. If Fleury does not win the fans vote no chance in hell he makes it since only 1 guy makes it in through fan votes. Brodeur and Huet will definitely be picked for the other 2 spots over him, along with a bunch of others. That Fleury is 2nd in fan votes is why they should eliminate them altogether.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:44 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
*** are you talking about ?

Gonchar: 5-22-27 in 30GP EVEN (4PPG and 2GWG)

Souray: 11-16-27 in 27GP -6 (9PPG and 2GWG)

Use the real stats.

AND BTW Fleury isn't all star material....

14-7-4 3.00GAA .902 save% (25games and 669saves AVG:26.7 saves per game) 1SO

Huet: 12-3-3 2.26GAA .933 save% (21games and 613saves AVG:29 saves per game) 2SO

Made the same mistake i made for Gonchar with Souray, posted late at night and saw the # of ppg's above the player i was looking at. You might want to check another post where i addressed the late posting. So try to calm down with the attempt to upstage.

As for Fleury vs Huet, first off i don't know if you noticed or not. For the east it's mainly the young guns that are getting the big votes, there are also some youngsters that are getting some big votes in the west. It's a showcase for some youth this all-star game.

Huet has the better numbers for GAA and SV% no doubt about that and the record is better if you look at the .500 bit with 12wins and 3 losses, but i factor in the fact that Fleury plays behind a pretty bad defense and a team that's very young and has managed to give the team 14 wins where as the back-up barely gives them a chance to make it into overtime let alone win 1 game. I said before, if i could pick my 3 goaltenders for the Eastern conference all-star team, it'd be Miller-Fleury-Huet in no particular order.

Quote:
Goaltenders
Ryan Miller Buffalo 253,024
Marc-Andre Fleury Pittsburgh 208,492
Martin Brodeur New Jersey 185,679
Cam Ward Carolina 57,826
Andrew Raycroft Toronto 57,677
Kari Lehtonen Atlanta 57,482
Henrik Lundqvist NY Rangers 52,035
*Cristobal Huet Montreal 51,363
Olaf Kolzig Washington 40,370
I guess the support for Huet isn't as big as i thought it would be, i figured he'd have at least 100k votes, he has just a little above of half that.

The NHL all-star game should have Lehtonen, Miller and Fleury as the goaltenders, it's a display of talent and the future, these 3 are going to be the guys to look at in the future. Cam Ward isn't deserving because he's been average and his back-up can win the job over him, to me, that isn't a clear cut #1 as of RIGHT now.

As for the voting, Chris Phillips is on there and Gonchar isn't. Not sure how a defensive defenseman makes the all-star game fun to watch but hey, it's all about votes and the votes do the talking for who people want to see at the all-star game.

Old
12-15-2006, 01:45 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
Miller is leading Fleury in fan votes right now. If Fleury does not win the fans vote no chance in hell he makes it since only 1 guy makes it in through fan votes. Brodeur and Huet will definitely be picked for the other 2 spots over him, along with a bunch of others. That Fleury is 2nd in fan votes is why they should eliminate them altogether.
I'm sure wins count for something in the NHL, or am i wrong and it's only about GAA and SV% ?

Old
12-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Rookie game... rookie game.... repeat after me: rookie game...
rookie game

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:52 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
I'm sure wins count for something in the NHL, or am i wrong and it's only about GAA and SV% ?
Wins are something but they are not everything. You are living in a dreamworld if you think Fleury would ever get into this years all-star game based on the remaining 2 picks, which have nothing to do with fan votes, over either Huet or Brodeur. There is only 1 spot based on fans votes. It looks like Miller will get it and if he does Fleury wont even come close to being one of the 2 other choices.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
vcx*

Quote:
The starting lineup for the two teams, including the starting goaltender, is voted on by fans, while the remainder of the teams' rosters are chosen by the NHL's Hockey Operations Department in consultation with the teams' General Managers.
I guess we'll see who goes, never know, you might not even see Huet or Fleury in the all-star game and it'd be Miller, Broduer and some other goaltender, Lundqvist maybe.

Old
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Tusk

Lehtonen would be in before Fluery, and he's behind Huet and Broduer.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:57 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
rookie game
Fleury isn't a rookie or a sophmore 2nd yr player...so

Old
12-15-2006, 01:58 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Lehtonen would be in before Fluery, and he's behind Huet and Broduer.
Lehtonen
26 starts
13 wins
7 losses
5 OTL

Fleury
25 starts
14 wins
7 losses
4 OTL

GAA & SV% aren't that far off from each other.

Just felt you should know that. Lehtonen & Fleury are my 2 favourite goaltenders so i can't really say who i'd like to see in between the two.

Old
12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Fleury isn't a rookie or a sophmore 2nd yr player...so
He was referring to Latendresse.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Just felt you should know that. Lehtonen & Fleury are my 2 favourite goaltenders so i can't really say who i'd like to see in between the two.
Why don't you let me know who has the better GAA and Save %?

Old
12-15-2006, 02:07 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Why don't you let me know who has the better GAA and Save %?
Fleury 3.0 GAA, .902 Sv%
Lehtonen 2.86 GAA, .907 Sv%

We'll see what Fleury's stats are like when he get's his 26th start (where Kari is at right now). Those stats are very close, or apparently on these boards they are "SOO FAR APART!!"....

Old
12-15-2006, 02:10 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I understand its the coaches... but just judging upon past all star games, I wouldn;t be surprised if huet gets overlooked. BTW, I dont know why I mentioned lundqvist previously. I didn't mean to say that.

Sometimes, guys get in by reputation and huet hasn't been a starter for that long.

Souray also has that going for him... the fact that he's been there before.
After the comments from last night, Huet won't be overlooked by Tortorella.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:10 PM
henri2014

If wins mean that much well Miller and Brodeur have more wins so they will go b4 fleury they also have better numbers. Huet his gonna have more wins then fleury by january and has vastly superior stats. So in no way fleury is gonna be in the all-star game. The all-star game isnt about show casing the future talent of the league its about showcasing the real talent in the league. Thats why even tough Fleury is gonna be a really good goalie hes not an all-star yet. You have a better chance to see a future hall-famer (Mark Messier) whos finishing is career at the all star game then a future Superstar (Malkin). Its always been like that and its good that its like that, i prefer to see guys that have work their entire hard and that have been at the game often go at the game for one last time because of the career they had.

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:12 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
After the comments from last night, Huet won't be overlooked by Tortorella.
Chris Neil has more votes than Brad Richards...that cracks me up, Tortorella isn't going to over look any player at this point, his team is 3rd from last in the east.

Old
12-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Those stats are very close, or apparently on these boards they are "SOO FAR APART!!"....
No, I just think it's the idea that you come on here and tell people to take off their homer-blinders when all you are doing is arguing that the goalie of your favorite team should be one of the TOP 3 goalies in the East while there are other goalies with similar stats and similar arguments to be made, but there are 3 guys ahead of everyone for sure in Miller, Broduer, and Huet. Huet's stats and play are very impressive, whether he's a Hab or not, you can't disagree, your arguments for Fleury are fine, but he's just no top 3 right now. If Huet was on the Penguins with the same numbers and Fleury was on the Habs with the same numbers nobody would of argued with you thinking your favorite teams goalie should be there. I think maybe you just got a little ahead of where he is based on the number of votes he's received.

Old
12-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Lehtonen
26 starts
13 wins
7 losses
5 OTL

Fleury
25 starts
14 wins
7 losses
4 OTL

Lundqvist
24 starts
14 wins
7 losses
2 otl

Raycroft
25 starts
12 wins
10 losses
3 otl

Ward
24 starts
13 wins
8 losses
3 otl

Thomas
24 starts
13 wins
7 losses
2 otl

DiPietro
21 starts
12 wins
8 losses
1 otl

Emery
20 starts
11 wins
7 losses
0 otl

of all these guys, Emery has the best gaa and s%, the others are similar. Brodeur, Miller and Huet are ahead of all these goalies imo since they have much better s% and gaa's or wins in Brodeur and Miller's cases, in Huet's case he has a monster .933 which is easily the best in the east.

So far, it should be Brodeur, Miller, Huet (without considering fan votes who may vote Fleury in).

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014 View Post
If wins mean that much well Miller and Brodeur have more wins so they will go b4 fleury they also have better numbers. Huet his gonna have more wins then fleury by january and has vastly superior stats. So in no way fleury is gonna be in the all-star game. The all-star game isnt about show casing the future talent of the league its about showcasing the real talent in the league. Thats why even tough Fleury is gonna be a really good goalie hes not an all-star yet. You have a better chance to see a future hall-famer (Mark Messier) whos finishing is career at the all star game then a future Superstar (Malkin). Its always been like that and its good that its like that, i prefer to see guys that have work their entire hard and that have been at the game often go at the game for one last time because of the career they had.

You are aware Fleury played for the worst team in the NHL when he broke in as a rookie and the following season after that right? Fleury is entering his 3rd season while Huet is entering his 4th. So when you say entire "hard" i'm guessing you mean entire career.

I guess according to that hard work the entire career bit, Miller (with the lead in votes), Brodeur and Kolzig should be going to the all-star game.

Old
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
vcx*

Quote:
No, I just think it's the idea that you come on here and tell people to take off their homer-blinders when all you are doing is arguing that the goalie of your favorite team should be one of the TOP 3 goalies in the East while there are other goalies with similar stats and similar arguments to be made, but there are 3 guys ahead of everyone for sure in Miller, Broduer, and Huet. Huet's stats and play are very impressive, whether he's a Hab or not, you can't disagree, your arguments for Fleury are fine, but he's just no top 3 right now. If Huet was on the Penguins with the same numbers and Fleury was on the Habs with the same numbers nobody would of argued with you thinking your favorite teams goalie should be there. I think maybe you just got a little ahead of where he is based on the number of votes he's received.
I'm a slightly bigger habs fan than a penguins one. If you look at my posts the bulk of them are in the habs thread. So try to relax. I never said Huet sucked or wasn't deserving, he has put up awesome numbers and Huet generally always puts up good numbers for GAA and SV%, that's no real suprise (if it is to anyone, check his stats).

I just see that a 22 yr old that was all but written off in the pre-season came out and has the team in the playoffs if they were to start today. The team was last for his first 2 seasons, or rather bottom 2 in the NHL his first 2 seasons. I just think that's pretty admirable to be where they are right now when you compare to where the team was last season overall.

I guess we'll see if Fleury, Lehtonen, Huet, and Lundqvist even make the cut for the 3rd goaltender behind Miller & Broduer.

I was a fan of Fleury when he was in juniors, before he was drafted as a penguin. If he was a Maple Leaf goaltender, i'd still be a fan of his regardless of which team he plays for.

Still a lot of time before the all-star break, we'll see who gets on fire and makes it hard for the NHL not to pick. I'm a habs fan so i'd love to see Huet at the all-star game which is why i said Miller-Fleury-Huet as the 3 goalies i'd want to see, Lehtonen would be great too but it's only 3 you can pick unless one of the 3 i mentioned gets hurt.

Old
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Man just go to the Pens board and stay there. Bye.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Man just go to the Pens board and stay there. Bye.

Honestly....

We get the point, you think that Fleury should be in the all star game. Don't try to convince a bunch of Habs fans that he is more deserving than our guy (really is only one position to fight over as Miller and Brodeur have the other two pretty much sewn up)....

Especially when our guy is the best statistical goalie in the league by far.

So... please no more talk about the kid with the yellow pads getting to the allstar game, I honestly can't see it this year.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
having 0 montreal all stars would make it better for the team in general considering possible injuries and payroll increases.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote