HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

I have reached nirvana

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 09:53 AM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
I have reached nirvana

I am not Buddhist, I am Jewish, which is ironically how I have reached my current lack of want for any further possessions. I am 100% content with all of my wordly goods and have no interest in gaining any specific material items. This places me in a conundrum.

Hanukah is coming up, and I am repeatedly pelted with questions of "What do you want, Adam?"

I know I am not capable of nirvana, so what should I ask for? I know I want something, but I do not know what.

What to ask for as the kid who has everything?

And I might as well kill two threads with one mouseclick and ask what I should buy for my girlfriend, aside from jewelry or flowers.

Old
11-30-2003, 10:03 AM
CharlieGirl

For yourself: you could suggest gift certificates, tickets to a sporting event/concert, or if you really feel that there is nothing you need, choose a favourite charity and ask that a donation be made in your name.

For your girlfriend: dinner, tickets to a sporting event/concert of her choice......... however, jewelry is NEVER wrong!

Old
11-30-2003, 11:40 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
If you feel in your heart that there is nothing that you need, may I suggest this: Since you are Jewish and (I assume) do not celebrate Christmas, why not volunteer to swap days off with someone where you work who has a family and would like to be home for the day?

Or volunteer your time for the day at a nursing home or a hospital? If you have a Veterans Hospital close by, go see the veterans who are stuck in hospital for the holidays...you would be surprised how happy some of these guys would be just to have a visitor...for a lot of them, they are dumped there by their families and forgotten.

Now, as to your girlfriend...jewelry works great...a necklace, a bracelet...they are always in good taste. How about a simple gold chain necklace? Not too fancy, not cheap...always welcome. You can't go wrong.

Old
11-30-2003, 12:08 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

For her: Take her to a strip club. Any good girlfriend would love it.

Old
11-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Murphy*

Well since your jewish i'm sure you dont have christmas tree...so why not ask for that and for the girlfriend get her something that is useless and pretty...like jewellry or clothes

Old
11-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Disco Volante

I'd say that if you are serious about your "possessions" thing, buying jewelry or other material useless stuff would be quite ridicule.

Give her some memories. Offer her a trip to Paris (well, that's what I did this year, you can chose somewhere else ) or a week made of different cultural sorties (theatre, concert, museum, film - and not movie - etc.)

As for you. Ask for theoretical books or a pass to the library. Knowledge you can't have enough.

Closed Thread