HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaromir Jagr is hurt-hip flexor

Old
02-05-2007, 10:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr is hurt-hip flexor

Quote:
Jaromir Jagr was not on the ice for the final minute after tweaking his hip flexor again late tonight. The right wing wing said he hoped to play tonight against the Devils. But itís worth noting that he was limping quite visibly when leaving the Garden
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Balej20*

Whatever. Always an excuse with this guy when he starts recieving some criticism.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:32 PM
broadwayblue

is that quote right? he wants to play tonight against the Devils? one loss a day is enough.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

We need more than Sean Avery right now? Ya think Jags? No reason to put a bit of a bashing on the guy like that though. In fact...we need you to start playing like a captain

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

meh, doesnt matter. all it means is that if hes hurt, he will bring back less in a trade.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
We need more than Sean Avery right now? Ya think Jags? No reason to put a bit of a bashing on the guy like that though. In fact...we need you to start playing like a captain
Theres also no reason for Jagr to be bashed on these boards. He isn't the problem.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
You know what, forget about him playing like a Captain...I'll be happy with him just playing like Jaromir Jagr.

Old
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Theres also no reason for Jagr to be bashed on these boards. He isn't the problem.
No he isn't the problem but he is the captain of the team...and he's not really playing like it

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Even Mike Emrick took a shot at Jagr in the third period when Jagr finally had a good shift-Emrick pointed out that Jagr finally exerted himself for the first time in the game

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Even Mike Emrick took a shot at Jagr in the third period when Jagr finally had a good shift-Emrick pointed out that Jagr finally exerted himself for the first time in the game
You sure that wasn't Hossa he was talking about, seeing as how he got everyone's names wrong. Eliot called Lundqvist "Holmqvist" for 5 minutes.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
You sure that wasn't Hossa he was talking about, seeing as how he got everyone's names wrong. Eliot called Lundqvist "Holmqvist" for 5 minutes.
we practically saw Holmqvist in that 3rd

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:08 PM
dynamoovechkin

I agree that Jags has not been the problem. Would we all love some more timely scoring- hell yeah...but the guy has played hurt, worked hard, kept that dour sulky look off his face, doesn't run to the dressing room every period like he used to for skate repairs, has been pretty positive and forthcoming the whole year. He has even taken responsibility for lifting this team publicly more than once. I have no problem at all with his personality or work ethic, I just wish he would stay out of the corners and behind the net and go to the high traffic areas like he did last year.

The time off for the all star break has done little to inject more scoring into his play, you'd think the shoulder would be alot better by now. As for the hip flexor/groin, he has struggled with that his whole career.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:38 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Whatever. Always an excuse with this guy when he starts recieving some criticism.
Seriously, who's paying you for all this bashing. Leave the guy alone, he's received his fair share of **** already. He's had 9 points in the last 10 games, it could be much worse. Man, the guy has a small slump and he gets ripped apart like theres no tomorrow

Also, one person can never be responsible for the whole team. The Rangers should see that Jagr isn't producing as usual and try to compensate for it, not sit back and do nothing like they have been. Believe me, if it was someone else out there this team would still put out a half-assed effort out there every night.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Seriously, who's paying you for all this bashing. Leave the guy alone, he's received his fair share of **** already. He's had 9 points in the last 10 games, it could be much worse. Man, the guy has a small slump and he gets ripped apart like theres no tomorrow

Also, one person can never be responsible for the whole team. The Rangers should see that Jagr isn't producing as usual and try to compensate for it, not sit back and do nothing like they have been. Believe me, if it was someone else out there this team would still put out a half-assed effort out there every night.
Unfortunatly, Jagr plays more minutes than anyone else on this team, he also gets paid more, he wears the C, he's their best player, he's their most known player and he happens to be Jaromir Jagr.

So when Jaromir Jagr has a season like this year, where night after night the guy puts in little to no effort, he's gonna get some criticism. We know what he's capable of, because every so often he shows it...but then he goes back to his lazy, turnover prone, play. And if I have to see the guy crawl his way over to the bench one more time for a line change, resulting in an odd man rush the other way, I'm gonna go nuts.

Old
02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
What is a hip flexor?

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
This is ridiculous. You people need to lay off all this Jagr bashing BS. If he has a hurt fip flexor and was limping out of the garden tonight then there's your reason why he wasn't being superman for this team, again.

I really don't care how much you love the guy, because even though I do too, we lost tonight because of Henke.

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:56 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
What is a hip flexor?
painful and irritating. Pain in hip / thigh / groin area sometimes. I had one once. Got it working out somehow, noticed it while I was doing pull-ups. Very annoying clicking sound between your thigh and hip that hurts allot every time you flex your hip.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
bcrt2000

The Jagr bashers make me sick. The guy has been punished all season, why wouldn't you expect him to be hurting?

Gretzky had gained a little respect by the time he was Jagr's age, so thats why his body wasn't breaking down as badly from physical play as other guys like Lemieux, Lindros, Jagr, LaFontaine, etc.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post
This is ridiculous. You people need to lay off all this Jagr bashing BS. If he has a hurt fip flexor and was limping out of the garden tonight then there's your reason why he wasn't being superman for this team, again.
Because when the team's losing, Ranger fans will rip on anyone and everyone.

Jagr deserves far less criticism than just about anyone else on the team except maybe Straka, Ortmeyer....that's about it.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
yup

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:54 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:

Or maybe he just receives far too much criticism than he deserves.

Let's see, the guy's been playing 25 minutes a night with a bum shoulder and getting punished more than anyone else in the league. Shocking that he might sustain another injury that would hamper his production.

Old
02-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Or maybe he just receives far too much criticism than he deserves.

Let's see, the guy's been playing 25 minutes a night with a bum shoulder and getting punished more than anyone else in the league. Shocking that he might sustain another injury that would hamper his production.
Whatever man. Give me the money he's making and his talent, and I'd be going through walls just to prove my worth.

Old
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
meh, doesnt matter. all it means is that if hes hurt, he will bring back less in a trade.
Jagr will only get traded if we get a great prospect and a first and even then it's not sure they'll probably have to throw in another first.

Now Shanny I can see getting traded

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:34 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Whatever man. Give me the money he's making and his talent, and I'd be going through walls just to prove my worth.
Right, we're all so much better than the athletes.

Old
02-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
Jagr will only get traded if we get a great prospect and a first and even then it's not sure they'll probably have to throw in another first.

Now Shanny I can see getting traded
Neither one of them are going to get traded.