HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mathieu Biron a Hab

Old
12-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Razorblade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvan74 View Post
I just don't get it!!!! we get rid of Traverse to go and get another D??? there is already 10 d's in Hamilton Benoit and Groux are rotating + Sanford(last year top scorer) is still in the wings...

just saying they could of went for another player!

why would SJ please mtl and traverse by giving up a player of a greater or equal value to mtl? whats the catch here?

anyone on this?
The fact is, the Dogs needed another defenceman to fill the "void" left by Traverse. Benoit and Groulx have been terrible this year, and neither deserve to be in the lineup on a regular basis. Traverse wasn't playing so well in the last few games either, so I'm not too upset he's gone. As for the defence core right now,

Cote - Jancevski
Biron - Archer
Hejda - O'Byrne

And it should stay something along those lines. Nice and solid d-corps, not yet approaching the 2002-2003 Dogs defence but its better than years past (eg Dan Focht, Karl Dykhuis...). Edmonton called Roy up a few days ago and assigned Hejda, who I haven't seen yet (only played 1 game, last night in Rochester) but from what I heard had a solid game.

And as for James Sanford...well, I doubt he ever sees the ice again with the Dogs or the Habs organization. He's blown it, twice, he had a little potential, but his attitude was nothing to be desired.

Razorblade is offline   Reply With Quote