HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Progress on Grebeshkov?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 03:45 AM
Big Bill

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Progress on Grebeshkov?

Before you yell at me I did a search and the last posts were a month ago about his play

ANyway, how is he looking? I read on a thread here he "looked like a deer in headlights." Does he still look like that or is he gaining confidence and moving his legs, hitting, joining the rush, etc...?

Thanks

Old
12-03-2003, 05:04 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
How is [Grebeshkov] looking? I read on a thread here he "looked like a deer in headlights." Does he still look like that or is he gaining confidence and moving his legs, hitting, joining the rush, etc...?
Well, I assume you know he's in Manchester. Right now he's nursing a sprained wrist and has been out for almost a week (I think the first game he missed was last Friday, after Thanksgiving, when you guys called up Smithson and Tripp). They say his status is day-to-day. We have a game tonight, which will be a tough one against the Hartford Wolf Pack. We'll have to see whether he's laced up for this one or not. I'll be there and if he's on the ice I'll see about paying some attention to him.

Prior to his injury he's been performing a good job. If he had any "deer in the headlights" issues, I think they're gone, at least as far as playing in the minors is concerned.

Let's see what happens tonight and I'll let you know.

ReggieMoto

Old
12-03-2003, 05:09 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
Before you yell at me I did a search and the last posts were a month ago about his play

ANyway, how is he looking? I read on a thread here he "looked like a deer in headlights." Does he still look like that or is he gaining confidence and moving his legs, hitting, joining the rush, etc...?

Thanks
He was starting to look better, getting more involved in the offense, and looking more confident, then he injured his hand and has been out of the lineup for a couple of games. Additionally, as I'm sure you are aware, the Kings recently traded Strbak and maybe I'm reaching here, but given that the two played together at Lokomotif (sp.) and Strbak's elder statue (age wise), I can't help but wonder if it's like they traded his "older brother" away. Until the recent injury and trade, Grebs was coming along nicely! With the recent trade of Strbak and the arrival of Gleason in Manchester, it will be interesting to see who they team Grebs with. He's a possible go for tonight's game!

Old
12-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Chartrand

Grebs has been much less tentative than he was in the beginning of the season and is definitely starting to come around and show why he's an elite defensive prospect.

Old
12-03-2003, 08:05 AM
TMHUNH

I would assume Grebs is playing tonight, or else they would have called up Nolan or Nault....the Strbak trade left Manch with only 6 D including Grebs....of course they still may be bringing someone up, but as of now it is safe to assume he will be in the lineup.

Old
12-03-2003, 12:30 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
I would assume Grebs is playing tonight, or else they would have called up Nolan or Nault....the Strbak trade left Manch with only 6 D including Grebs....of course they still may be bringing someone up, but as of now it is safe to assume he will be in the lineup.
I don't think Grebs will be playing tonight. They did call up Nolan.

www.monarchshockey.com/transactions/

Old
12-03-2003, 05:02 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Grebs was a scratch tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I don't think Grebs will be playing tonight. They did call up Nolan.
He was a scratch.

ReggieMoto

Old
12-03-2003, 07:20 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
The beat goes on for the Kings and their affiliates: Grebs goes under the knife.

Out for awhile with a fractured wrist.