HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Picard assigned to Syracuse

Old
12-15-2006, 03:17 PM
CBJFan in Cincy

vCash: 500
Picard assigned to Syracuse

http://bluejackets.com/news/press/arts/3399.0.html

Will he ever get that first NHL point???

CBJFan in Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 03:26 PM
CBJSlash

Glad, I didn't want him to watch anymore. He should have gotten some good travel time and experience under Hitch during his stay here.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 03:38 PM
EspoWorld

Too bad Brule couldn't be sent down.

He's in serious need of extended playing time. He needs at least a few games of playing in all situations, logging 20 minutes plus and getting some confidence back.

It will be interesting to see how Hitchcock views Brule if CBJ gets into the middle of the playoff race. If Brule isn't playing well by then, he won't see the ice very much. The great thing about Hitch is that he really really hates to lose, and he's not going to tolerate many youthful mistakes once the going gets hot.

That's good. That's what big boy NHL teams do.

Want am I doing, this is about Picard. Thing is, Picard is in the same boat. He needs to play. Picard can skate and bang, but most of the rest of the game is a total mystery to the lad.

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:26 PM
falcor

crap is what this is. yeah picard needs to play, sure.. but i still think his game could have helped us win last night. dood would have smacked comrie around a few times, that's for sure. and what's this about scoring? shelley doesn't score and he's still on the team.

sorry. this is crap. he deserves to be here.

falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:58 PM
EspoWorld

falcor, that's some photo

i agree he could have helped us more than shelley last night.

hitch is using shelley in ways that go beyond the game. i think he sees shelley as a stand-up guy on a team that has folded too easily in the past. it's surprised me, since i don't think he's an nhl player and you don't need a full-time enforcer.

i think hitch likes picard, but his hockey skills have a long way to go. it wouldn't surprise me if hitch looks for a veteran to help round out the fourth line.

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:02 PM
X0ssbar

Would like to see him get more NHL time but the bottom line is its a numbers game. He makes the most sense to be sent down. He'll be the first call up when someone else goes down.

MacLean said it on his show -- the kid needs to play and he's right. Same could be said for Brule as well. Besides last night he has been getting 10+ mins a game which is decent for a rook. Remember Tomas Vanek was basically a 4th player in Buffalo last year as a rook who was scratched in the playoffs and now look what he's doin this year as an example.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Pluckfur

Picard was called up for insurance purposes on the recent road trip. He got some good minutes, some great games, and made sure Hitch saw his *warrior* heart. Now that Zherdev is in the lineup again there isn't room for Picard AND Brule. One of them had to go (and since we can't send Brule down) that one was Picard. He'll be back soon enough.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Would like to see him get more NHL time but the bottom line is its a numbers game. He makes the most sense to be sent down. He'll be the first call up when someone else goes down.
Very true...but I am disappointed. I love to watch this kid check players and irritate the opposing team. He is so good at it. It is his #1 stat.

He will be fun to watch over the next several seasons. Hopefully, the stats will come so that he can stay with the big club.

Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Mr Mac

I think we all root for these young players. But the fact of the matter is that Picard has been given quite a bit of playing time this year, and not made the most of it. And unfortunately, Mr. Brule is not so far behind. Yes, they need to develop, but that is what the farm system is for. The NHL is not a developmental league. We need forwards who can consistently contribute points, or in lieu of points, fill a role like Shelley does.

Mr Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Pluckfur

I just remembered something...didn't Hitch say that Picard would definitely play in Phoenix last night? The game got hot very quickly and I didn't really think too much about it again til this evening that it was Brule out there and not Picard. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything major that kept Picard off the ice... but, still. Flu? Injury? ?? anyone know why he didn't play last night? Or did I make it up that Picard was going to play?

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:43 PM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
I just remembered something...didn't Hitch say that Picard would definitely play in Phoenix last night? The game got hot very quickly and I didn't really think too much about it again til this evening that it was Brule out there and not Picard. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything major that kept Picard off the ice... but, still. Flu? Injury? ?? anyone know why he didn't play last night? Or did I make it up that Picard was going to play?
Nope, you're right. I remember reading it before the Dallas game. That's why I was surprised that he wasn't in the line-up last night. I'm still not sure why. Unless Hitch sees Koharski (this actually would not surprise me) the same way we do and figured Pic would spend the whole game in the box.

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:59 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
So, we're at 12 healthy forwards and 5 healthy d-men now? Down to the bare bones....hoping to see Duvie and Footer play tomorrow night.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:07 PM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
So, we're at 12 healthy forwards and 5 healthy d-men now? Down to the bare bones....hoping to see Duvie and Footer play tomorrow night.
i didn't think of that, dj. good point. duvie, foote, or a crunchie d.

Old
12-15-2006, 08:13 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Yep, and Syracuse doesn't really have any d-men for us to call up. Hope the injured are ready to go.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:15 PM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
i didn't think of that, dj. good point. duvie, foote, or a crunchie d.
Loved their shorts on HBO. Brilliant metal parodies. Still haven't seen the movie, but...oh wait, that's Tenacious D...sorry...

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:17 PM
MFRONE

Duvie won't be back until next weekend, at least that's what Rimer said during the Dallas game.

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:19 PM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender11 View Post
Loved their shorts on HBO. Brilliant metal parodies. Still haven't seen the movie, but...oh wait, that's Tenacious D...sorry...

i need to see that movie.(intoxicated)

Old
12-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Duvie won't be back until next weekend, at least that's what Rimer said during the Dallas game.
I don't know if he actually did, but he was supposed to be skating with the team this morning. I know he got the pin taken out of his hand over the past couple days. If Foote isn't back, I think we'll see Westcott tomorrow for sure. Even if Duvie gets limited playing time, I think Tollefsen needs a couple games off, otherwise it's going to keep putting too much pressure on Hainsey, Eriksson, Johnson, Klesla, and Novak when he goes down.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
BlueJacketsBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Actually when the game started and they ran the lines across the screen Picard's name was there (Sorry, I can't remember who his alleged line mates were) and then about five minutes into the game when I hadn't seen him, I checked NHL.com and he wasn't on the stat sheet.

BlueJacketsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketsBabe View Post
Actually when the game started and they ran the lines across the screen Picard's name was there (Sorry, I can't remember who his alleged line mates were) and then about five minutes into the game when I hadn't seen him, I checked NHL.com and he wasn't on the stat sheet.
Yeah, he was supposed to be in Brule's place, and the Dispatch even had him listed on there. He was on the 4th line with Shelley and Malhotra, both in the paper and on the screen at the beginning of the game.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:27 AM
cbj21

Hitch said Picard was going to play in the Phoenix game when asked why he was scratched for the Dallas game. I wonder why he changed his mind

edit; ahh i didnt see it mentioned already

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:28 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Is Picard the new David Ling?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:04 AM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
i don't think so. he reminds me more of tyler wright.

Old
12-16-2006, 11:45 AM
X0ssbar

Its gonna be funny to come back and read these comparison when this guy starts racking up the points in the NHL. David Ling...please.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
Wow! So far apart; it's not funny.

Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote