HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Mr.Brule

Old
12-19-2006, 07:06 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga jim View Post
Your confusing the World Juniors with junior hockey which is incorrect. The World Juniors is an under 20 tournament composed of elite hockey players from around the world. The game is quite a few notches above junior and not quite AHL but close. Brule's development has been stunted in his current situation. I have not read anywhere that Brule is a candidate for NHL Rookie of the year. In fact he's not even rookie of the year in Columbus. Tollefson is right now. And when you look at a Radulov who has been brought along quite nicely in Nashville and was the star of last year's Memorial Cup then I think you can say that Gilbert's development lags. I saw Jordan Staal play live a couple of weeks ago and he has been brought along quite nicely by Pittsburgh. I've seen Wolski and Statsny for Colorado and Kopitar for L.A. The thing that strikes me about the above mentioned is confidence in these players. Don't blame Gallant for Gilbert's lack of confidence- can't be taught overnight.
I did like his toe drag last night- it's good he got the shot off as opposed to Zherdev who is lagging in the confidence department as well.
But to stay on topic- the World Juniors would be a huge boost if Gilbert did play. It's much harder to dominate at this tournament than you think. Malkin who is a few notches above Brule was not that dominating last year with Russia. And Malkin had been playing in the Russian Super League a lot more than Brule is now with Columbus.
Enough with the Brule to World Juniors stuff. He isnt even eligable to play in them because Mclean told him to skip the summer camp. So this whole argument about him going to the WJ is a moot point. he couldnt go even if he wanted. Hitch is developing Brule exactly like he did Jeff Carter last year. Playing him roughly 8-10 minutes a game until he gets used to the NHL. Brule is just starting to get comfortable and confident. He wouldnt be pulling those moves if he wasnt. I personaly see him taking Svitovs spot before the end of the year. As for Mr. Malkin I have not been terribly impressed by him. He only seems to do anything when he plays on Crosbys line. I still think Brule can be as good as Malkin somday but he obviously still has a lot of developing to do.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Enough with the Brule to World Juniors stuff. He isnt even eligable to play in them because Mclean told him to skip the summer camp. So this whole argument about him going to the WJ is a moot point. he couldnt go even if he wanted. Hitch is developing Brule exactly like he did Jeff Carter last year. Playing him roughly 8-10 minutes a game until he gets used to the NHL. Brule is just starting to get comfortable and confident. He wouldnt be puling those moves if he wasnt. I personaly see him taking S
Agreed....the decision to keep him in the NHL was made long ago...he is coming along slower than fans had predicted, and he has a ton to learn but he will get better every minute he is on the ice...especially under Hitchcock.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Byrral

The kid is 19 years old. Give him time to grow and develop. Let Gilbert turn into the player he is going to be and stop comparing him with other players for the time being. He will develop his identity eventually (IMO: Doug Gilmore like).

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 06:21 AM
mississauga jim

Regarding Malkin: Clearly the most impressive rookie this season and a top three player most nights on the Penguins. If you ever get the chance to watch Malkin and Crosby in the flesh, pay whatever it takes and spend the money. The night I saw Malkin live was without Crosby against Jagr,Shanahan and the Rangers. Perhaps you misread my praise of Malkin- he's a quantum leap above Brule not only in size but in confidence and skill. Pittsburgh will be scary good down the road with the talent pool they now possess with Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and the kitchen sink. Heck, even Chris Thorborn looks good compared to say a Picard. (similar size and skillset).

mississauga jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Gilbert Brulé

Hi fellow Columbus Blue Jackets fans.

I come here in peace seeking info on Gilbert Brulé.

Back on the 2005 draft day,i wanted badly Kopitar first, but i loved the way Brulé was playing with Vancouver Giants.

I would like to know what happen with Brulé?
On what line is he playing?
His stats are very poor, any explinations?
What would you require to trade Brulé to Montréal.(serious)

If he's still playing like in Vancouver, I would love to see Brulé between Samsonov and Kovalev.

Thanks in advance!

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:20 PM
sc37

vCash: 50
There were a couple theads earlier...here's one of them: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=322324

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:19 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
His stats are very poor, any explinations?
6 points in 30 games, playing 7 minutes (tops) on average a night. Theres not much else the kid can do.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:52 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Brule will be fine, he's still recovering from Gallantitis, it takes time to cure such a debilitating disease
Yes, Brule will likely be fine, but he's got a ways to go.
He's playing a lot like a rookie right now: showing flashes of speed and puck handling but getting stripped while he tries to do too much.

I disagree that his problem was Gallantitis (though I like the name for the disease).
Brule sucked in training camp by his own admission.
He had PLENTY of ice time in camp.
Other guys did well in camp.
And in his ice time this season he has yet to show that he's a playmaker. Whereas some other third and fourth liners HAVE come up with big plays.
I'm more inclined to agree with Mississauga Jim on this one... Brule needs seasoning.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:55 AM
DJAnimosity
#BattleOn

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I'm more inclined to agree with Mississauga Jim on this one... Brule needs seasoning.
Sure he needs "seasoning"...but not in junior hockey.

That leaves the AHL....a league he is ineligible to play in.

What's left?

DJAnimosity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:05 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post

What's left?
I agree. I think Brule's game is coming along just fine since Hitch's arrival. We need to stop expecting these kids to make immediate Rick Nash type impacts in their first couple of years in the league. Sure it would be nice but its not reality most of the time -- it certainly doesn't mean they are busts.

The key is to continue to see development -- in Brule's case I'm seeing his confidence grow by the game lately.

Heck..last year a number of you were ready to ship off Fritsche..now look how this kid is playing.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:03 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post

What's left?
EXACTLY, therein lies the problem. The age restriction sucks.

Question: IF he could go to the AHL, would you be in favor of it?
With Brule, I'd rather see him on the fourth line under Hitch, than cooling in Syracuse.

"Seasoning" includes all their team skates, conditioning, and being with the veterans. Not the same as third line minutes, but that's what we're stuck with. And quite frankly, that's where Brule has played himself into. WOW did we all have bigger expectations for him. Go back to August and even GMDM thought Brule was a second liner. It's too bad, really, and Brule's own admitted uninspired play is partly to blame.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
raindog

Quote:
"Seasoning" includes all their team skates, conditioning, and being with the veterans.
Yet another reason I would like to see Picard up here as well.

And, sorry, Jf, I think a big problem of his Training Camp was Gallantitis...he was trying to learn a two-way game from someone who was unable to teach it, hurt his game, and then punished him because of it. We are starting to see flashes of the Brule we were expecting, but I think a lot of it will just have to come in time under Hitch. And it will take time and Hitch's dedication to helping him through it to undo the adverse affects of Gallantitis. Thank God we caught the problem in time, and we are still able to get Brule in for treatment.

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Mr Mac

Quote:
EXACTLY, therein lies the problem. The age restriction sucks.

Question: IF he could go to the AHL, would you be in favor of it?
With Brule, I'd rather see him on the fourth line under Hitch, than cooling in Syracuse.

... It's too bad, really, and Brule's own admitted uninspired play is partly to blame.
AHL.
Plenty of players come up to the NHL, play poorly and get sent back, then get better by fighting their way back up. Fritsche is a good example of that.

It's time we stopped blaming Gerard Gallant for this team's problems, and accept that fact that we ALSO have personnel problems. Blaming Gallant won't help Brule.

Mr Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2006, 09:01 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mac View Post
It's time we stopped blaming Gerard Gallant for this team's problems, and accept that fact that we ALSO have personnel problems. Blaming Gallant won't help Brule.
Good point. So who takes the blame for personnel problems? The players themselves deserves some of it but the buck now stops at MacLean IMO.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote