HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Are we scared?

Old
12-16-2006, 12:32 AM
jonny5

vCash: 500
If Huet comes to play, the Habs should be OK. The Pens have been winning, but they have had an average of just under 4 goals per game against. If Huet keeps their score down, 4 goals could be enough to win. Going to be a great game to watch!!!

jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Put Markov on him to make sure he doesnt try anything sneaky.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Scared? Why? The Habs are the better team. Just look at the standings, and the team on paper to boot. The Pens are not an obstacle.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:26 AM
vcx*

Usually i'm neutral because i am a big fan of both team's (sort of leaning towards the pens a little more), but i think this is going to be a game that just proves the Penguins are no joke when it comes to a pure offensive machine.

I wouldn't just say Staal, Malkin, Crosby as the guys to keep an eye out for. Malone is on a tear (plays with Sid, of course) as is Recchi and Armstrong is bound to break out of his funk, again. So it'll be quite the game, it'll be Fleury vs Huet (is Carbo starting Huet or Abby?).

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Artyukhin*

i cant sleep just thinking about it .

hope for a real barn burner like 8-5 montreal

Streit with 4 pts

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Usually i'm neutral because i am a big fan of both team's (sort of leaning towards the pens a little more), but i think this is going to be a game that just proves the Penguins are no joke when it comes to a pure offensive machine.

I wouldn't just say Staal, Malkin, Crosby as the guys to keep an eye out for. Malone is on a tear (plays with Sid, of course) as is Recchi and Armstrong is bound to break out of his funk, again. So it'll be quite the game, it'll be Fleury vs Huet (is Carbo starting Huet or Abby?).

hopefully Souray will say hello to Malone again and just remind him of there last dance .and remind him if the game gets out of hand they will dance again .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAuSmC97A_k

Old
12-16-2006, 01:43 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
(is Carbo starting Huet or Abby?).
Huet.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:47 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Holy crap. One of Crosby's 4 points tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtT43YT1xQM
That goal...I saw it earlier and didn't think much of it...but really, now that I watch it again, the defensemen (both of them) did what they should do, but Crosby found a way to beat that. What a great pass, shot and goal overall.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Huet.

i wanna trade with LA and acquire

Yutaka Fukufuji

imagine 21,273 chanting his name

Old
12-16-2006, 04:07 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

I used to be a closet pens fan for a while.

As a kid, Mario Lemieux was like superman to me. I idolized him big time.

Since he retired, I dont really have any emotional attachment to that team anymore.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 06:31 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
If Huet comes to play, the Habs should be OK. The Pens have been winning, but they have had an average of just under 4 goals per game against. If Huet keeps their score down, 4 goals could be enough to win. Going to be a great game to watch!!!
Even if Huet plays great(as I expect) the Habs will still have to outscore the Pens. Koivu has produced clutch goals, it's time for SOMEONE else to stand up as well.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316 View Post
Scared? Why? The Habs are the better team. Just look at the standings, and the team on paper to boot. The Pens are not an obstacle.
Seriously, yes the Pens have been a tear but the Flyers and Islanders don't impress me and we have the better team. Sure they can beat us like any other team but I'm certainly not scared of them. Only Buffalo and Anaheim instill any sense of fear into me but even then we play with any team in the league.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Quiet Robert

'member when P.Mac had an orgasm when Crosby destroyed Theo in the shootout and popped the waterbottle last year? That was really cool, even though we lost.

I hope nothing like that happens tonight, but we're going to have our hands full keeping the kid in check. I hope we can, but at the same time, I want to see him do some magic. (A disappearing act maybe? hahaha, try the chicken folks, I'm here all week.)

Okay, all foolishness aside, of course I hope we win, and can contain Crosby. But if it so happens that we can witness Crosby at his peak and still win the game, I wouldn't be averse to it.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:25 AM
CLEGHORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i wanna trade with LA and acquire

Yutaka Fukufuji

imagine 21,273 chanting his name
I'd buy a jersey with his name on it ,too.

CLEGHORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:40 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
Hes a beast, im as scared as Will Ferell was when he crashed in Taladega nights.
shake n bake!

yeh, that just happened.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:08 AM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Even if Huet plays great(as I expect) the Habs will still have to outscore the Pens. Koivu has produced clutch goals, it's time for SOMEONE else to stand up as well.
Higgins is back, have faith!

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
I'm a slightly bigger habs fan than a penguins one. If you look at my posts the bulk of them are in the habs thread.
Ha, you're such a frontrunner. Whoever is playing better that is your favorite team.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
revolverjgw

Philly and the Isles scored 4 apiece against the Pens... it's going to be hard to keep Sid from getting his 2 or 3 points, but it shouldn't be hard to put a bunch of pucks in the net. 5-4 Habs

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:53 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
shake n bake!

yeh, that just happened.
So who puts the Puma in the Pens bus...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Guy Caballero

Good defense (and goaltending) trumps good offence. Not scared at all.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:09 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Good defense (and goaltending) trumps good offence. Not scared at all.
Prior to the NYI vs Pitts game the isles had allowed 83 goals in 29 games. Habs have allowed 86 in 31.

Habs have allowed 56 goals 5 on 5. (17th) Isle 43(4th and that includes the loss to pitts)

Crosby gets 60% of his points 5 on 5.

Statwise you should be a little concerned. But there's nothing wrong with optimism. I was just making a point about your D vs O comment.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Dr_Hook

what, cause they have steamrolled over 2 average to mediocre hockey teams, we're supposed to crap our pants ? They're the ones who should be scared: they're about to hit a Cristo-Wall head first !! Habs, scared ? I think NOT !

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:49 PM
JackieChan

I think Huet will have a hard time against Pittsburgh... He's excellent at positionning and rebound control/redirection, but not as effective against sharpshooters like Crosby and Malkin. Streit should go back to defense for this game, the Pens aren't physical and we'll need mobility in our zone.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:40 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:

I think the game will prove otherwise : that the habs are not a fluke.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
I think Huet will have a hard time against Pittsburgh... He's excellent at positionning and rebound control/redirection, but not as effective against sharpshooters like Crosby and Malkin. Streit should go back to defense for this game, the Pens aren't physical and we'll need mobility in our zone.
He'll do the job, I think he'll be better than Abbie, last year, when we traded Theo and that he started against Pitt and let like 4 goals in 10 minutes. I think he'll do better than Theo, who killed our team with his cold streak (and who played badly against the Pitt). Seriously, I'm on with the posters who say that Pittsburgh shouldn't be a problem, that we have a better team. The only thing that scares me is not Pittsburgh, but actually the fact that the habs tend to take nights off when playing lesser teams.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote