HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

where will crosby/ovechkin go..who would you rather have??

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2003, 12:40 PM
  #1
HockeyGuy1011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
where will crosby/ovechkin go..who would you rather have??

if you could have either crosby or ovechkin on your team, who would you rather have? some people will immediately say crosby, but think about it...crosby seems better but who would YOU rather have on a team?
also, where do you think each will go? we might have to think ahead for crosby but it might be easy to determine ovechkin now. id say either pittsburgh, colobus, washington, or florida for ovechkin
i dont really know about crosby, but maybe chicago, anaheim, or washington

HockeyGuy1011 is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 01:26 PM
  #2
HockeyGuy1011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
i think your right, but remember what happened with lindros, he was good for a few years and now is crap...same thing with daigle, was sort of good but never even close to his potential....both were on the flyers so i guess if crosby doesnt play on the flyers he'll be safe lol

HockeyGuy1011 is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 01:27 PM
  #3
kacz
Registered User
 
kacz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
I would rather have Ovechkin. And I could see both of them land in Pittsburgh...

Imagine that...Fleury in net with Ovechkin and Crosby up front

kacz is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 02:03 PM
  #4
icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I have a feeling a Lindros type team will go down for Crosby with a team like Detroit, Colorado or LA will give lots of prospects and money to get him.
Every team in the league should be brainstorming ideas to get either one of these players, and probably are. At the end of the day, it is the team who gets the #1 pick that is in the drivers seat. They will receive numerous proposals and will have to decide for themselves what kind of possible package would be worth trading for.

icarus is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 03:06 PM
  #5
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,082
vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev
I would rather have Ovechkin. And I could see both of them land in Pittsburgh...

Imagine that...Fleury in net with Ovechkin and Crosby up front


<------------


Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 03:49 PM
  #6
HockeyGuy1011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
how bout this dynasty for you....
luongo, jokinen, ovechkin, crosby, horton, weiss, bouwmeester, tony stewart, nedorost.....am i forgetting anyone? go panthers!

HockeyGuy1011 is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 04:10 PM
  #7
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Awards:
Why not both?

My only concern with Ovechkin is the possibility of whatever transfer fee due to garner his release from his Superelite team. Crosby is straightforward in that regard, but with Ovechkin that becomes a little bit unclear.

But I'd love to have either.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 04:15 PM
  #8
HockeyGuy1011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
if these two ever do end up together thats most likely an automatic cup, LOL....ok, how bout this one, ovechkin playing in rimouski for the next two seasons with crosby...just imagine, LOL

HockeyGuy1011 is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 06:14 PM
  #9
KillToronto
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1011
how bout this dynasty for you....
luongo, jokinen, ovechkin, crosby, horton, weiss, bouwmeester, tony stewart, nedorost.....am i forgetting anyone? go panthers!
You might need a better D.

 
Old
11-30-2003, 06:23 PM
  #10
OttMorrow
Registered User
 
OttMorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev
I would rather have Ovechkin. And I could see both of them land in Pittsburgh...

Imagine that...Fleury in net with Ovechkin and Crosby up front

Imagine the payroll too. It wouldnt last very long, one or the other would have to leave when their pay got sky high.

OttMorrow is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 06:44 PM
  #11
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,082
vCash: 422
Meh, by that time a new arena should be built and a new CBA in place.

In the current times we wouldn't be able to pay all three's rookie salaries...counting Fleury of course.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:31 AM
  #12
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1011
if you could have either crosby or ovechkin on your team, who would you rather have? some people will immediately say crosby, but think about it...crosby seems better but who would YOU rather have on a team?
also, where do you think each will go? we might have to think ahead for crosby but it might be easy to determine ovechkin now. id say either pittsburgh, colobus, washington, or florida for ovechkin
i dont really know about crosby, but maybe chicago, anaheim, or washington
THERE IS A CHANCE THAT ONE BOTTOM 4 FINISHER THIS SEASON (2003/04) COULD END UP WITH BOTH OF THEM ......ie. 2 lotto wins in the 2004 and 2005 drafts ....assuming the NHL is out the ENTIRE 2004/05 season over the CBA issue,the 2005 draft IF still held in June 2005 will revert to placings of 2003/04 + a new lotto in the 2005 draft...
IF there is no draft in 2005 and the NHL is out a 2nd ENTIRE season in 2005/06 but the CBA is signed before the normal June draft time--then
A COMBINED 2005+2006 draft will be held in June 2006 --reverting toplacing of 2003/04 + a new lotto (so in this case one of the bottom 4 finishers of 2003/04 still could win CROSBY in the lotto --unless they would rather have the consensus 2006 top overall candidate had that been a separate draft ranking --in which case the non-lotto winner of lowest finish would take CROSBY) ......ALTERNATIVELY --if only a partial season is played in 2004/05 --obviously there will be a new crop of BOTTOM 4 finishers for the lotto of the 2005 draft.....OTHER ALTERNATIVE = a new CBA eliminates the draft altogether = a FREE MARKET --but subject to CAP ROOM for all signings --IN THIS SCENARIO --the 2004 draft could be the last one OR also the 2005
and 2006 drafts are possibly the last ones depending on WHEN the new CBA is signed and WHETHER they still held drafts prior to sugning the new CBA......

In summary--there is A CHANCE that a bottom 4 finisher from this season (2003/04) MIGHT get lucky enough to win 2 straight lotteries
and thus get BOTH OVECHKIN and CROSBY........there is also a chance CROSBY could be subject to a market free for all --SUBJECT TO CAP ROOM if the new CBA gets rid of the draft.....

All the above assumes that the team or teams getting the chance to select OVECHKIN or CROSBY do not TRADE DOWN for players+ picks ...

All the above also assumes that no BOTTOM 4 FINISHER of 2003/04
folds the franchise before the 2004,2005 (or possibly 2005+2006 combo draft) should the drafts all be held...ie. should PIT be a bottom 4 this season ---then the NHL not play in 2004/05 ---can MARIO hold on if 2005/06 is still up in the air in terms of no new CBA in place? THUS should say PIT drop out of the NHL and if it was a bottom 4 this season--then the 5th lowest finisher would take its place as one of 4 lottery picks to possibly move up to grab the #1 overall --and so on...

FINALLY--there is also the possibility the new CBA will keep the draft but CHOP off several franchises (ie...30 teams down to 24?) ....IF in this scenario--some of the chopees are bottom 4 this season they would be replaced with the next lower finisher still in the NHL in the lottey scenario of 4 with a chance for the #1 overall...who might be a chopee? PIT (Mario has money/attendance problems) WASH (Leonsis has lost $100,000 so far on the CAPS --will he hold through to a new CBA?) Columbus =NO ..attendance is good/great market for hockey...CHI (attendance is bad--but WIRTZ owns building with no money owing --might sell if new CBA not to his liking--but as an original six,this franchise stays) ... you can suggest some other chopees but maybe they won't be a bootom 4-6 this season...


All I know is this ---CHI has a good chance at a bottom 4 finish as it looks right now--but if DAze and Zhamnov and some others return frominjury perhaps they will rise enough not to be in this privileged group of bottom 4 by season's end---of course with the curse that plagues Mr. wirtz' franchise,even a bvottom 4 finish will not guarantee getting
either one of OVECHKIN or CROSBY to Chicago--rather probably some lucky team gets both--yes I can see it now ---"your Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased as punch to announce......."(and they already have NASH --not to mention they got FRITSCHE with the pick CHI gave them for ODELEIN) ...oh the slings and arrows that cursed fate can throw at you to dash your hopes and uplift your enemies!

hawksfan50 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 10:59 AM
  #13
Sundried TOmato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1011
if you could have either crosby or ovechkin on your team, who would you rather have? some people will immediately say crosby,
Why? Why would some people immediately say Crosby?

Quote:
but think about it...crosby seems better
In what aspects of the game does Crosby seem better than Ovechkin? What is the basis for your comparison? How many times have you seen Crosby and Ovechkin play? Not saying you are wrong, just asking for some clarification.

Sundried TOmato is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 02:26 PM
  #14
HockeyGuy1011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundried TOmato
Why? Why would some people immediately say Crosby?


In what aspects of the game does Crosby seem better than Ovechkin? What is the basis for your comparison? How many times have you seen Crosby and Ovechkin play? Not saying you are wrong, just asking for some clarification.
i dont think either is better than one other, no way i can assume that because i have never seen them play, and that was the basis for this thread...and i put that some people would probably immediately say crosby because of how people talk about him on the boards...from what i have heard and the very little i have seen, crosby seems better, but i cant say anything for sure

HockeyGuy1011 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 02:31 PM
  #15
HfxMoose
Registered User
 
HfxMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Wait till the WJC when they play against each other then i'll get back to you

HfxMoose is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
  #16
st_roland
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BUSH CONTRY-Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50
THERE IS A CHANCE THAT ONE BOTTOM 4 FINISHER THIS SEASON (2003/04) COULD END UP WITH BOTH OF THEM ......ie. 2 lotto wins in the 2004 and 2005 drafts ....assuming the NHL is out the ENTIRE 2004/05 season over the CBA issue,the 2005 draft IF still held in June 2005 will revert to placings of 2003/04 + a new lotto in the 2005 draft...
IF there is no draft in 2005 and the NHL is out a 2nd ENTIRE season in 2005/06 but the CBA is signed before the normal June draft time--then
A COMBINED 2005+2006 draft will be held in June 2006 --reverting toplacing of 2003/04 + a new lotto (so in this case one of the bottom 4 finishers of 2003/04 still could win CROSBY in the lotto --unless they would rather have the consensus 2006 top overall candidate had that been a separate draft ranking --in which case the non-lotto winner of lowest finish would take CROSBY) ......ALTERNATIVELY --if only a partial season is played in 2004/05 --obviously there will be a new crop of BOTTOM 4 finishers for the lotto of the 2005 draft.....OTHER ALTERNATIVE = a new CBA eliminates the draft altogether = a FREE MARKET --but subject to CAP ROOM for all signings --IN THIS SCENARIO --the 2004 draft could be the last one OR also the 2005
and 2006 drafts are possibly the last ones depending on WHEN the new CBA is signed and WHETHER they still held drafts prior to sugning the new CBA......

In summary--there is A CHANCE that a bottom 4 finisher from this season (2003/04) MIGHT get lucky enough to win 2 straight lotteries
and thus get BOTH OVECHKIN and CROSBY........there is also a chance CROSBY could be subject to a market free for all --SUBJECT TO CAP ROOM if the new CBA gets rid of the draft.....

All the above assumes that the team or teams getting the chance to select OVECHKIN or CROSBY do not TRADE DOWN for players+ picks ...

All the above also assumes that no BOTTOM 4 FINISHER of 2003/04
folds the franchise before the 2004,2005 (or possibly 2005+2006 combo draft) should the drafts all be held...ie. should PIT be a bottom 4 this season ---then the NHL not play in 2004/05 ---can MARIO hold on if 2005/06 is still up in the air in terms of no new CBA in place? THUS should say PIT drop out of the NHL and if it was a bottom 4 this season--then the 5th lowest finisher would take its place as one of 4 lottery picks to possibly move up to grab the #1 overall --and so on...

FINALLY--there is also the possibility the new CBA will keep the draft but CHOP off several franchises (ie...30 teams down to 24?) ....IF in this scenario--some of the chopees are bottom 4 this season they would be replaced with the next lower finisher still in the NHL in the lottey scenario of 4 with a chance for the #1 overall...who might be a chopee? PIT (Mario has money/attendance problems) WASH (Leonsis has lost $100,000 so far on the CAPS --will he hold through to a new CBA?) Columbus =NO ..attendance is good/great market for hockey...CHI (attendance is bad--but WIRTZ owns building with no money owing --might sell if new CBA not to his liking--but as an original six,this franchise stays) ... you can suggest some other chopees but maybe they won't be a bootom 4-6 this season...


All I know is this ---CHI has a good chance at a bottom 4 finish as it looks right now--but if DAze and Zhamnov and some others return frominjury perhaps they will rise enough not to be in this privileged group of bottom 4 by season's end---of course with the curse that plagues Mr. wirtz' franchise,even a bvottom 4 finish will not guarantee getting
either one of OVECHKIN or CROSBY to Chicago--rather probably some lucky team gets both--yes I can see it now ---"your Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased as punch to announce......."(and they already have NASH --not to mention they got FRITSCHE with the pick CHI gave them for ODELEIN) ...oh the slings and arrows that cursed fate can throw at you to dash your hopes and uplift your enemies!



This has to be the most confusing post i've ever read. But good stuff....uhh I think.

st_roland is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 04:58 PM
  #17
HockeyGuy1011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
This has to be the most confusing post i've ever read. But good stuff....uhh I think.
lol i didnt want to be mean or anything but it was hard to understand but thanks for telling us all...

HockeyGuy1011 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.