HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Attention all Atlantic region Habs fans

Old
12-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Attention all Atlantic region Habs fans

Just a heads up:

My starchoice guide says that tomorrow's Pens/Habs game is being shown on CBC Halifax, so you won't get stuck with yet another Toronto game.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:26 PM
MassiveHabs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
while he has ur attention, Ill be home in halifax for a week from 1/5 to 1/13 and my mom doesnt have cable, does anybody know the best bars to watchhabs games in in the halifax dartmouth area? Any help is appreciated

MassiveHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Just a heads up:

My starchoice guide says that tomorrow's Pens/Habs game is being shown on CBC Halifax, so you won't get stuck with yet another Toronto game.
This is true

Quebec and the maritimes get the habs/pens

This was a big topic on the local radio show here in vancouver.

Judging by the hosts and callers, it was unanimous that the people here want to see the habs/pens. Not the leafs.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Tricolore#20

Given Crosby's play this past week, perhaps CBC should think about broadcasting this whole game nationwide (except for GTA and Southern Ontario, who can get their Leafs). Both games are being broadcast anyways, so I'm not sure why they can't change their distribution to reflect the interest in one of the most magnificant players in the NHL at the moment (who happens to be a Canadian who we've all witnessed grow up in front of our eyes).

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Given Crosby's play this past week, perhaps CBC should think about broadcasting this whole game nationwide (except for GTA and Southern Ontario, who can get their Leafs). Both games are being broadcast anyways, so I'm not sure why they can't change their distribution to reflect the interest in one of the most magnificant players in the NHL at the moment (who happens to be a Canadian who we've all witnessed grow up in front of our eyes).
dont get your hopes up.... we're talking about the CBC here.

Old
12-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
dont get your hopes up.... we're talking about the CBC here.
Well if there is one thing that I have learned over the many years of watching hockey, its that I never expect to be satisfied by watching HNIC. I have a brand new TV, with RDS, ready to use if CBC decides not to show this game..! So for me, it really doesn't matter. I just feel bad for a lot of people across the country who normally don't get a chance to see Crosby play (especially at the peak of his powers), and this is their first opportunity this season to see it, yet CBC will decide to conceal it from the entire nation (except Quebec and Nova Scotia).

Old
12-15-2006, 11:13 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Habs on CBC in NB!!!!!????

Menh...whatever...

Old
12-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Well if there is one thing that I have learned over the many years of watching hockey, its that I never expect to be satisfied by watching HNIC. I have a brand new TV, with RDS, ready to use if CBC decides not to show this game..! So for me, it really doesn't matter. I just feel bad for a lot of people across the country who normally don't get a chance to see Crosby play (especially at the peak of his powers), and this is their first opportunity this season to see it, yet CBC will decide to conceal it from the entire nation (except Quebec and Nova Scotia).
Yeah, I also feel for those fans who dont get to see sid.

Last season, a mid week game was broadcast nationally by HNIC when crosby played the leafs.

Now, a canadian team gets sid for a weekend game.... but its not the leafs... so screw you all says the CBC

Old
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Yeah, I also feel for those fans who dont get to see sid.

Last season, a mid week game was broadcast nationally by HNIC when crosby played the leafs.

Now, a canadian team gets sid for a weekend game.... but its not the leafs... so screw you all says the CBC
It really does make you shake your head at times. I watched the game Crosby played against the Flyers on Wednesday night, and parts of the game tonight, and it was absolutely incredible (and I absolutely loathe the Penguins). For the first time since Mario Lemieux, we have a Canadian star, who is only 19 years old, but who controls the tempo of the game, and who makes veteran defenseman shake their heads at every turn, yet when he comes into a Canadian city, our national broadcaster chooses to run with the status quo, showing us the same team week after week to the entire nation. It is extremely puzzling at times. I realize why they must show the Leafs every week, but since they are already broadcasting both games, would it really kill them if they decided to show Crosby just ONE week to the entire nation (except for Southern Ontario)? I'm definitely repeating my points, but I hope somebody from the CBC realizes that most hockey fans in this country outside of Toronto would definitely find the Crosby show much more interesting (especially this week) than the same old program they watch week after week.

Old
12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
eddy

That is awesome, Leafs dominate CBC on the East Coast, be a nice treat.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:18 AM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveHabs View Post
while he has ur attention, Ill be home in halifax for a week from 1/5 to 1/13 and my mom doesnt have cable, does anybody know the best bars to watchhabs games in in the halifax dartmouth area? Any help is appreciated
I dunno bout other bars but if you are looking to catch a game usually the oasis on spring garden has the games on.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Toro

Quote:
(except for GTA and Southern Ontario, who can get their Leafs). .

I take exception to this!!!

In no way shape or form are the leafs mine

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote