HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Would you say...

Old
12-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Double XX L

vCash: 500
Would you say...

We arrived?
Seriously

We have a front team that is absolutely competitive, extremely talented, and hard to beat...
We have an AHL team loaded with players who can step in and play for us any time of the year, and also loaded with the future players who will be a heavy part of this team...
We have a prospect pool outside of those signed, that is extremely competitive, and solid in almost every position (other IMO than scoring center... which is the last piece IMO we need)

I have been here for quite some time... My mantra has been that this team would be improving year in, year out... Now this team is not quite what I thought it would be... but would it be safe to assume that we are now hitting contention?

Either way, it is great to be a Hab fan these days... I only have one buddy that loves a team doing better than us (My buddy likes the Sabres)

Double XX L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:53 AM
fiel0004

vCash: 500
I agree, it is the best team we have had since the early 90's. I am actually watching on espn classic canada, the ottawa-montreal game where Koivu returns from his cancer. I am reminded how much better we are. Perreault, zednik and oleg petrov were our best players. While Briseboise was our best d man.

fiel0004 is offline   Reply With Quote