HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Conroy Out 4-6 Weeks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2003, 08:55 PM
  #1
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Conroy Out 4-6 Weeks.

Just thought I would let everyone know Conroy will miss the next 4-6 weeks.

Who will step up for the Flames ?
Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
12-05-2003, 09:58 PM
  #2
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Just thought I would let everyone know Conroy will miss the next 4-6 weeks.

Who will step up for the Flames ?
Unbiased Canadian
This sure is getting real annoying, I mean I know injuries come, but must it be all our centers?

Hmmmm....
Lombardi
Yelle
Morgan
Double shifter? Oliwa-Iginla-Kobasew??? I wouldn't mind that.

kruezer is offline  
Old
12-05-2003, 10:10 PM
  #3
flamesfan12
Registered User
 
flamesfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Beaumont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Major blow for the team. The Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan line was playing great and now Conroy is injured. Everybody is going to have to step it up this month till Reinprecht, Conroy, Lydman and Turek get back. So now our four centers are Lombardi, McAmmond (natural position is Center I believe), Yelle and Morgan. Also heard Green was called up from Lowell.

flamesfan12 is offline  
Old
12-05-2003, 10:15 PM
  #4
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12
Major blow for the team. The Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan line was playing great and now Conroy is injured. Everybody is going to have to step it up this month till Reinprecht, Conroy, Lydman and Turek get back. So now our four centers are Lombardi, McAmmond (natural position is Center I believe), Yelle and Morgan. Also heard Green was called up from Lowell.
Hows Lydman? Just Day-to-day right? I figure he'll sit out the Pens game then maybe come back. But I'm not sure.

kruezer is offline  
Old
12-05-2003, 11:39 PM
  #5
flamesfan12
Registered User
 
flamesfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Beaumont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Hows Lydman? Just Day-to-day right? I figure he'll sit out the Pens game then maybe come back. But I'm not sure.
I've heard 2 weeks. Just watched Sporrtsnet and there was no mention about Lydman, same with the Score. So I'm not sure how long Lydman will be gone.

flamesfan12 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 01:12 AM
  #6
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12
I've heard 2 weeks. Just watched Sporrtsnet and there was no mention about Lydman, same with the Score. So I'm not sure how long Lydman will be gone.
Yup Lydman is 1-2 weeks

Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 04:58 AM
  #7
Badger Bob
Registered User
 
Badger Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in my happy place
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Add speedy recoveries, to the Christmas wish list, for Betts, Reinprecht, Conroy & Lydman.

According to this article, Lydman is listed as day-to-day:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...F-378977241F27


Last edited by Badger Bob: 12-06-2003 at 05:07 AM. Reason: added hyperlink
Badger Bob is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 05:15 AM
  #8
Harry Paratestes
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I hope Turek gets hurt in practice ..does anyone want him back????
Man the injuries are really killing the Flames ..too bad you guys are really playing well ..at least you guys will have an excuse ..the Oil are healthy and still cant win .

 
Old
12-06-2003, 05:42 AM
  #9
Sec of Partying Down
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
I hope Turek gets hurt in practice ..does anyone want him back????
Man the injuries are really killing the Flames ..too bad you guys are really playing well ..at least you guys will have an excuse ..the Oil are healthy and still cant win .
Yes, I want him back. He is better than McLennan and we are paying him anyway. Turek is a good goalie and should come back motivated.

Sec of Partying Down is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 07:28 AM
  #10
Plan 9
Registered User
 
Plan 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,217
vCash: 500
It's a shame Dome isn't still around.

Plan 9 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 07:35 AM
  #11
Suka
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
So now "captin" Green is recalled along with "captin" Morgan..... whos next? Sry just a lil bitter from the Lowell stand point! All the Flame players keep rackin up the points for us, and now they are all being taken away! To totally KILL the monsters should just call up Sonnenberg! That would be a nail in lowells coffin! :-(
ps. Wanna take Sabourin back?

 
Old
12-06-2003, 08:51 AM
  #12
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,410
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suka
So now "captin" Green is recalled along with "captin" Morgan..... whos next? Sry just a lil bitter from the Lowell stand point! All the Flame players keep rackin up the points for us, and now they are all being taken away! To totally KILL the monsters should just call up Sonnenberg! That would be a nail in lowells coffin! :-(
ps. Wanna take Sabourin back?
Sorry man, but that's the harsh reality of a farm team. The parent club is what matters most. Besides, it's not like we're calling up players for no reason, or not playing them.

FLAMESFAN is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 08:51 AM
  #13
looooob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
It's a shame Dome isn't still around.
he's still under contract and could be brought into Calgary if that is what Sutter wanted..I'm not sure it is though

looooob is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 08:56 AM
  #14
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
I hope Turek gets hurt in practice ..does anyone want him back????
Man the injuries are really killing the Flames ..too bad you guys are really playing well ..at least you guys will have an excuse ..the Oil are healthy and still cant win .
Sorry to intrude here but the Oil are not healthy. Reasoner (ankle, knee) out indefinitely; Brewer (groin pull) and Isbister (back) are out. They are anything but healthy.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 11:57 AM
  #15
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
The Oilers arent exactly losing their top players, however - Salo aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_IN_LV
Yes, I want him back. He is better than McLennan and we are paying him anyway. Turek is a good goalie and should come back motivated.
By the time Turek comes back, insurance will have began picking up 80% of his salary. If he gets hurt again, we stand to save a lot of money.

Though I would prefer that Turek returns healthy and at the top of his game, and that he and Kiprusoff have a running battle over who should be the #1 into the playoffs.

Snakeeye is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 02:37 PM
  #16
ForeignFlame
Registered User
 
ForeignFlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Too far from the Sad
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
According to the Flames website, Conroy is likely to be out for 2 weeks.

Link: www.calgaryflames.com

ForeignFlame is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 04:41 PM
  #17
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,410
vCash: 50
Let's all cross our fingers..............

FLAMESFAN is offline  
Old
12-08-2003, 05:40 AM
  #18
Dr_Gonz0
Registered User
 
Dr_Gonz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Just thought I would let everyone know Conroy will miss the next 4-6 weeks.

Who will step up for the Flames ?
Unbiased Canadian

Looks like u caught edmonton's injury bug, sorry to hear, first the "Rhino", no Conroy. Sucks losing your top 2 centers eh?

Dr_Gonz0 is offline  
Old
12-08-2003, 01:13 PM
  #19
Badger Bob
Registered User
 
Badger Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in my happy place
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Looks like u caught edmonton's injury bug, sorry to hear, first the "Rhino", no Conroy. Sucks losing your top 2 centers eh?
It's the standings that count most, and it's a nice feeling to have Edmonton looking up at Calgary for a change.

Badger Bob is offline  
Old
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
  #20
ForeignFlame
Registered User
 
ForeignFlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Too far from the Sad
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
It's the standings that count most, and it's a nice feeling to have Edmonton looking up at Calgary for a change.
LOL. Nice rebuttal Badger.

ForeignFlame is offline  
Old
12-08-2003, 05:58 PM
  #21
Sec of Partying Down
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
The Oilers arent exactly losing their top players, however - Salo aside.



By the time Turek comes back, insurance will have began picking up 80% of his salary. If he gets hurt again, we stand to save a lot of money.

Though I would prefer that Turek returns healthy and at the top of his game, and that he and Kiprusoff have a running battle over who should be the #1 into the playoffs.
True, but to wish a player to get injured again no matter how much it helps a team is despicable.

Sec of Partying Down is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.