Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 09:04 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Injuries

This whole situation really sucks :mad:
Just when the team is clicking too.
Hopefully some of these guys are back by the 23rd - we start a big 6 game stretch of all divisional rivals:
Edm @ Cgy (23)
Van @ Cgy (26)
Cgy @ Edm (28)
Min @ Cgy (29)
Col @ Cgy (31)
Van @ Cgy (3)

These games will be very important in deciding who finishes where at the end of the year.
But for the time being we play some bad teams (Pitts, Car, Clb, Min) as well as some good teams (Col, Philly, Bos). Hopefully the team can stick it out, come out of this stretch alright, get some players back, and start another roll with the divisional games.

What about:

Sappy Lombo Iggy
Gel Yelle Dono
Lowry Morg Kob
Oliwa Green Clark

Old
12-06-2003, 02:24 PM
ForeignFlame

vCash: 500
Well, with Turek, Betts, Reinprecht, Conroy, and Lydman all out, the lines will probably look something like this I'd imagine:

Saprykin - Yelle - Iginla
Gelinas - McAmmond - Donovan
Green - Lombardi - Kobasew
Lowry/Oliwa - Morgan - Clark

Leopold - Regehr
Gauthier - Warrener
Ference - Montador

Kiprusoff
McLennan

Old
12-06-2003, 04:38 PM
FLAMESFAN

I could be thinking of a diifferent Green,but hasn't Josh played more centre than McAmmond?
Did Mcammond play centre at all in Colorado?

We might even see Green Yelle Donovan - they were a pretty effective line in pre season.
But either way, one of the left wingers are going to have to play centre
Saprykin would be a possibilty as well........

Old
12-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignFlame
Well, with Turek, Betts, Reinprecht, Conroy, and Lydman all out, the lines will probably look something like this I'd imagine:

Leopold - Regehr
Gauthier - Warrener
Ference - Montador

Kiprusoff
McLennan
The Pens are holding on 3-2 against the Oilers, as of the writing.

Now, to respond to this lineup, it's difficult to conceive of Yelle being placed on the top scoring line, with Lombardi being dropped to the checking line. Yelle was uncertain of his exact role upon his arrival in Calgary. As was shown, he most definitely is not suited to a scoring or two-way role. He is a checking center par excellence, but anything else, really, is expecting too much from him.

The thought of McAmmond taking faceoffs doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but deperate times call for desperate measures.

Old
12-06-2003, 08:20 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignFlame

Leopold - Regehr
Gauthier - Warrener
Ference - Montador

Kiprusoff
McLennan
Switch Lombardi with Yelle and I like this line-up, maybe Kobasew and Donovan as well come to think of it. I think the Flames will be fine, Injuries come and you have to play through them. They can't use injuries as an excuse to quit and not give it 100%, and I don't think they will. They are tied with LA right now and nobody can say LA is supremely healthy. They have to prove they can keep it up through this strech. I'm hoping Iginla can really carry them hear, that may shut up the trade speculation once and for all.

Old
12-07-2003, 12:17 AM
ForeignFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Now, to respond to this lineup, it's difficult to conceive of Yelle being placed on the top scoring line, with Lombardi being dropped to the checking line. Yelle was uncertain of his exact role upon his arrival in Calgary. As was shown, he most definitely is not suited to a scoring or two-way role. He is a checking center par excellence, but anything else, really, is expecting too much from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Switch Lombardi with Yelle and I like this line-up
I'm quite happy to go with Lombardi on the top line and Yelle back to a checking line. I only posted the lines that way because I thought that Yelle had played on a line with Iggy in the Minnesota game (which I missed). Perhaps I was mistaken or it was only a brief combination.

Old
12-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funny Man
McAmmond is a natural center and he's 64% on faceoffs.
Where? In the Western League? Joe Nieuwendyk is one of the finest faceoff men in the NHL at 58%. No way is a player, who's played practically his entire pro career at LW, better than one of the elites.

Old
12-07-2003, 12:21 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Where? In the Western League? Joe Nieuwendyk is one of the finest faceoff men in the NHL at 58%. No way is a player, who's played practically his entire pro career at LW, better than one of the elites.
He might actually be, He just hasn't taken nearly as many draws as Nieuwy this year, and therefore isn't ranked if you check the top FO% men and the more draws he takes the lower it will go.

Yelle was with Iginla there for a bit, but by the end of the Minny game I though the line was Saprykin-Lombardi-Iginla. Just in my head anyway

Old
12-08-2003, 07:29 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funny Man
Hey I didn't make the stat, McAmmond did.

So much for that stat now, he went 8/17 lastnight against a poor team. He definitely wouldn't be the first choice for an important faceoff.

Closed Thread