Notices

Bloodbath Tonite?????

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
Bloodbath Tonite?????

I cant wait for tonites game ..i think its gonna be nasty .What do the rest of you Flamers fans think .I cant belive ime more excited about Flames games than the Oil.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:14 AM
reg dunlop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
I cant wait for tonites game ..i think its gonna be nasty .What do the rest of you Flamers fans think .I cant belive ime more excited about Flames games than the Oil.
dont know about it being a bloodbath, flames are actually looking good right now. i cant believe how bad the oilers look right now. is iginla going to pot his whopping 6th goal tonight? prediction 4-3 vancouver.

by the way, great name harry..

Old
12-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Flamesfan 26

I'll take 5-3 Calgary
Kobasew 1g 2a
Iginla 2g 1a
Yelle 1g
Donavon 1g
Conroy 1g 1a
Lydman 2a
Regehr 1a

Old
12-04-2003, 11:22 AM
kruezer

I'll go 3-3...

Iginla with 2
Lydman with 1

Old
12-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Sec of Partying Down

I'll go 4-1 Flames

Iginla
Lombardi
Kobasew
Conroy

Old
12-04-2003, 09:34 PM
kruezer

Well it wasn't my prediction, but I'll certainly take a 4-1 win. Iginla potted a couple and is now tied with Donovan for the team lead in goals (Donovan scored tonight aswell). With his empty netter Iginla passed Lanny McDonald for 5th all-time on the Flames goal scoring chart with 216 goals. The Flames are coming back to Calgary for a game against Minny Friday night. Should be a tough one, Minny always is, hopefully they can keep up the winning ways. Nice to see Iginla pot 2 even if one was a EN. He needs all the goals he can get, and his first goal of the game was his first on the PP this year. After tonight the Flames PK crept over the 80% mark hopefully they can push it up to the top 20 in the league pretty quick here.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:57 PM
evman150*

Not much of a bloodbath...at all.

But a good win nevertheless.

Old
12-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
I was hoping for some for some knuckle chucking but was happy with the win ..3 points up on the Oil...Iggy starting to come around ..still not a 8 million dollar man though .
I think the Canucks are gonna have to address their toughness ..it looked to me like tghey didnt want any part of Gauthier , Regehr ,Warrener and the rest of the scrappy Flames .This team is certainly talking on that "Sutter" mentality .Good job Flames .

Old
12-05-2003, 06:30 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
That was one of the best games I've seen them play in a long time. They completly dominated a very good team. They won the faceoffs, finished their checks, won the battles for the puck, and skated hard. This team really does have some good speed now.
It's not very often I'm proud to be a Flames fan

Old
12-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
This team really does have some good speed now.
That is the trademark for this team. Donovan is a perfect example of how you can use elite level speed to create offense. And the team speed of the Flames also just creates havoc, especially on opposing teams defencemen. I don't want to get too confident yet, but this team is playing very confident right now, and might slowly be starting to turn the corner. I didn't see the game last night, but anytime you beat Vancouver, you have to be on the top of your game.......

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
12-05-2003, 09:45 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
That is the trademark for this team. Donovan is a perfect example of how you can use elite level speed to create offense. And the team speed of the Flames also just creates havoc, especially on opposing teams defencemen. I don't want to get too confident yet, but this team is playing very confident right now, and might slowly be starting to turn the corner. I didn't see the game last night, but anytime you beat Vancouver, you have to be on the top of your game.......
My thoughts exactly, I'm cautiously optomistic. After being a Flame fan the last 7 years its not worth it too be too excited. I have been very impressed so far though, even when they started slowly they weren't playing all that bad. Now that more goals are coming things are starting to click. This second half of a back-to-back against Minny will be tough though.

Closed Thread