HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings interested in Straka

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 12:57 PM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
Kings interested in Straka

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...18_155704_5372

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to dump salary and that means they may soon be parting company with Martin Straka.

Or they are at least listening to offers.

Sources have told Sportsnet that both the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings have inquired about Straka, who is earning $4.3 million this season.
Present your trade proposals

Seriously, what do you all think about Straka being a King?

Old
11-18-2003, 01:04 PM
kingsfan25

At this point, I'd be satisfied with just about anyone the Kings acquired.

Old
11-18-2003, 01:19 PM
punchy1

Great. I would give up Aulin and Zizka for him and a 3rd.

Old
11-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
You must be new. Straka is a salary dump. Salary dump trades almost never allow the dumping team to get anything of real value (Kovolov, Jagr, ete, ete, ete).

Thats really way overpaying for Straka. Maybe Yannik and Zizka? Don't think they would want Aulin anyway as he is going to be injuried for a few more months...

Old
11-18-2003, 01:32 PM
jfont

Awards:
its going to involve money going the other way...maybe $5M (or less)...thats what happened with kovalev...now can the kings afford that is another question.

11-18-2003, 01:49 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
straka is not a bad player, and he'd be nice, but seriously, the guy gets injured shaving. we have enough of that already.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:28 PM
punchy1

Tadite, what does my being new to the boards have to do with my ability to make the same joke that I have seen posted the last time that the Straka rumour went around? Please, show me the way oh mighty aged and wisened veteran of the hockeys future boards.

Sorry, I thought all would remember the pre season Straka thread that involved the same players and how it wasn't quite right. I guess the smiley face would have cleared it up then?

It should also be noted that the lovely Mr Straka has scored 4 goals and 6 assists for ten points in 14 games and is a stunning (possibly league leading) -12. So, a 5 foot 9inch often injured player who, while on an awful team, isn't playing too much defence nor is he scoring that much either. Still, with his career stats he could be a great player for us, though, I think he is making in the $4+ million dollards U.S. range and that is allot of money for him. I think that if we were serious about trading for him that Davie Stitch would have done it before the Stump trade. Just a supposition though, I reckon that both players are sort of the same with Joseph being a bit more reliable, oh who am I kidding.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I'd still rather have a "big body" than Straka, but then again a Straka-Stumpel-Palffy line would have a lot of skill.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:23 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

small, expensive ($4 mil this year, $4.75 next), bad numbers, and injury prone. if we get him and give up anymore then lehoux, i'm ogin gto be pissed

Old
11-18-2003, 03:37 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
I'd love to have him but not at that salary. You can get Comrie for that price although we'd have to give up more in a trade to land him.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
From a Pittsburgh POV I'd do that in a second.

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 04:13 PM
punchy1

Too bad it was a joke though.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:39 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Tadite, what does my being new to the boards have to do with my ability to make the same joke that I have seen posted the last time that the Straka rumour went around? Please, show me the way oh mighty aged and wisened veteran of the hockeys future boards.

Sorry, I thought all would remember the pre season Straka thread that involved the same players and how it wasn't quite right. I guess the smiley face would have cleared it up then?

It should also be noted that the lovely Mr Straka has scored 4 goals and 6 assists for ten points in 14 games and is a stunning (possibly league leading) -12. So, a 5 foot 9inch often injured player who, while on an awful team, isn't playing too much defence nor is he scoring that much either. Still, with his career stats he could be a great player for us, though, I think he is making in the $4+ million dollards U.S. range and that is allot of money for him. I think that if we were serious about trading for him that Davie Stitch would have done it before the Stump trade. Just a supposition though, I reckon that both players are sort of the same with Joseph being a bit more reliable, oh who am I kidding.
Is he seriously only 5-9? If so we don't need a 4million $/oft injured midget on the team....We have a whole farm of skilled midgets on their way up. If we can get him for the price of Lehoux and crap.....fine.......anything else isn't worth it......If we do trade for a center, I'd rather it be a big power forward type of guy.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:11 PM
punchy1

He truly is five feet nine inches. He also is a minus twelve (that is amazing in todays game) to go along with his ten points. The point production doesn't worry me as he is a proven scorer. My worries start when I think about his injuries and his lack of defencive play. He simply wouldn't fit in around here. When you add in the big dollars he pounds off the mark.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
A -12 on the worst team in the league with the worst defense in the league...

Straka is a great player and his injury problems are really overplayed. He was always healthy until he ran into a streak of freak accidents a couple years ago, he's been fine since for the most part. A weight machine fell on him for christ's sake...

Straka's a nice player but is just too expensive for us in Pittsburgh

Old
11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
He truly is five feet nine inches. He also is a minus twelve (that is amazing in todays game) to go along with his ten points. The point production doesn't worry me as he is a proven scorer. My worries start when I think about his injuries and his lack of defencive play. He simply wouldn't fit in around here. When you add in the big dollars he pounds off the mark.
i'm right with you.

people on the trade rumors board were saying things like tambellini for straka, or gleason for straka. not a chance on either of those.

corvo for straka is about as high as i'll go.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
i'm right with you.

people on the trade rumors board were saying things like tambellini for straka, or gleason for straka. not a chance on either of those.

corvo for straka is about as high as i'll go.
Do you want Fleury included too?

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Do you want Fleury included too?

S L

fine, but u owe us one.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
fine, but u owe us one.
Ok, ok... how about we add Orpik and you send Lehoux back our way?

S L

Old
11-18-2003, 10:02 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

lol, if u traded orpik to the kings, i think they'd skin him alive. he damn near took out gleason's knee and i hope the kings never forget it

Old
11-19-2003, 02:36 AM
MOOSE55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano
You don't know much do you. The NHL doesn't allow monetary transactions of $4 million or greater in trades.
Big deal.....so he was a little off......I'd still take his word over anything you can spout out.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:45 AM
MOOSE55

Quote:
This is a truly ignorant post.
How is 4 goals bad numbers? That averages out to 20 goals a year. Straka is a career 25-30 goal scorer. So he is whopping 1 goal behind normal pace. In fact, 4 goals is very good, considering that he is playing on a line with a bunch of minor leaguers. His -12 means nothing more than he gets a lot of minutes, being on a team with the worst defense in the league.

As far as injury is concerned, the stupidity of that comment has already been taken care of above. Having a teammate hit you in the eye and having a weight machine fall on you hardly equal injury prone. Constant knee, groin, concussion etc problems are cause for concern. Not the occassional freak accident.

The greatest ignorance is that you obviously know nothing beyond a few statistics about Straka. He is a 100% on every shift and a heart-and-soul guy. He'd be captain of the Pens if not for Mario. Any team should be glad to have him.
That's his opinion, and mine by your view would be much worse. Personaly I don't really care if you like our opinions or not.......remember what board you are on. Point is that a 4 million 5-9 player is worth much. "playing with a bunch of minor leaguers"......welcome to the club....His point total isn't that impressive considering the top-line ice time he is given, they're not bad but not great......And the kings have enough injuries as it is without bringing in a 5-9 question mark

Old
11-19-2003, 05:11 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
You don't know much do you. The NHL doesn't allow monetary transactions of $4 million or greater in trades.
ooohhh...the infamous mariano is here...lol.

if you remember, the kovalev trade involved $5M going to pittsburg...thats the max i believe.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:37 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Should we be honored? or worried?

Old
11-19-2003, 05:41 AM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Just ignore him.

If a trade does go down between our two teams, I hope it works out well for both of us. When Straka does get dealt, it will be very interesting to see what we get in return. I've given up speculating at this point. Only can sit back and wait.

Closed Thread